Got 'phobia

I get claustrophobic when I am miffy and pissy.

I'm terrified of pregnancy to the point that I freak out at the sight of pregnant women as if it's contagious. God willing, it's something I won't "catch". Also, I'm a germaphobic. I can't touch gas pumps, dor knobs, anything in a public bathroom... it's bad. It gets worse all the time, too. By the time I'm 40 I'll have myself locked into a tank filled up to my chin with bleach!

Here's a list of phobias I have:

Achluophobia- Fear of darkness
Decidophobia-fear of making decisions
Aichmophobia-fear of needles
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia - fear of spiders
Acarophobia- Fear of itching or of the insects that cause itching
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns
Aeronausiphobia- Fear of vomiting secondary to airsickness
Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored or forgetting
Bathophobia- Fear of depth
Cancerophobia or Carcinophobia- Fear of cancer
Cnidophobia- Fear of stings
Dentophobia- Fear of dentists
Entomophobia- Fear of insects
Gerontophobia- Fear of old people or of growing old
Ligyrophobia- Fear of loud noises
Maieusiophobia- Fear of childbirth

:crazy: ain't I? I'm surprised that I haven't gone insane since knowing that I have a lot of phobias! :roll:

I have a fear of earthquake....Went through twice in my lifetime. The last one has left a scar on my mind which left me fear of it whenever I feel a small vibrating on the floor or table turned out to be someone's pager or cell phone. I'm always paranoid about earthquakes.

Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects
Agraphobia- Fear of sexual abuse
Apiphobia- Fear of bees
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders
Automatonophobia- Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsly represents a sentient being
Bacteriophobia- Fear of bacteria
Clithrophobia or Cleithrophobia- Fear of being enclosed
Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise
Parturiphobia- Fear of childbirth
Pteronophobia- Fear of being tickled by feathers

:rifle:

Curious - Do you have any kind of "phobia" - If you got it, how did u know & what did you do with it?

http://www.phobialist.com/

I know, for myself, I have pediophobia *fear of dolls,* coulrophobia *fear of clowns* and claustrophobia *fear of confined spaces* Still deal with them tho.

Used to have keraunophobia when I was little but outgrown from it.

EDIT *didnt realize there were a thread with phobia created but thanks for redirecting & transfer me to the right thread! Thanks!*

Last edited:
AquaMaiden said:
Curious - Do you have any kind of "phobia" - If you got it, how did u know & what did you do with it?

I know, for myself, I have pediophobia *fear of dolls,* coulrophobia *fear of clowns* and claustrophobia *fear of confined spaces* Still deal with them tho.

EDIT *didnt realize there were a thread with phobia created but thanks for redirecting & transfer me to the right thread! Thanks!*

Why are you afraid of plastic stuffs or stuffing animals like dolls ?? They are not moving or biting you? Chuck Doll in the movie may scared you ??

I hate that movie ! :rifle:

Liza said:
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects
Agraphobia- Fear of sexual abuse
Apiphobia- Fear of bees
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders
Automatonophobia- Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsly represents a sentient being
Bacteriophobia- Fear of bacteria
Clithrophobia or Cleithrophobia- Fear of being enclosed
Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise
Parturiphobia- Fear of childbirth
Pteronophobia- Fear of being tickled by feathers

:rifle:

Wow you are a parturiphobia as fear of childbirth. It was absolutely good experience for me. I love to being pregnancy to feel the baby movement in my tummy. When the baby was born, he always listen to my heart and rocky him on the chair. I love to hold the baby in my chest when he was born. It was so beautiful experience for me !!

Phobic of heights and snakes. Before I become Mum, I used to feel sick after seeing baby's delivery in pictures and film, it was gross!!

Used to be phobic of given birth and I keep putting it off and when I fell pregnant I was scared until I grew to enjoy being pregnant and see my body changed and feel baby kicking, kewl!! but I was so scared and having horrible dreams about labour, when it happen - oh well, it will forget soon after you see the baby for the very first time! I did it 3 times all over again!!

RedRum said:
Phobic of heights and snakes. Before I become Mum, I used to feel sick after seeing baby's delivery in pictures and film, it was gross!!

Used to be phobic of given birth and I keep putting it off and when I fell pregnant I was scared until I grew to enjoy being pregnant and see my body changed and feel baby kicking, kewl!! but I was so scared and having horrible dreams about labour, when it happen - oh well, it will forget soon after you see the baby for the very first time! I did it 3 times all over again!!

RedRum, You're felt greater and having child birthing.. How do you feel about Phobic about child birthing? I bet you doesn't have phobic anymore because you already went through experience child birthing.. I applauds you..
By the way, Congrats you break the phobic!

Yes I do have fear about the "attack" into my house.. That is my key.. as far for my concern about the safety.. Due I'm Deaf.. of course you know all everyones are Deaf on this site.. fewer of hearing peoples are here also..
By the way, I've heard some others peoples on the newspaper headline about issues Attack or Raped or etc that affects me feel fear more inside alike crawling up the wall.
I think am I "PHOBIA"?? I do not think so... Oh well

Apiphobia- Fear of bees ... Certinally Yes I do easily freak it out because I'm allergic of Bee... (sigh) I had scar in my head and cannot erase my head about "BEE."
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders (huge) Yes.. I do If i seeing tiny spiders.. easy to kill..

Thank you, BullymOm, yes I feel better 2nd time around, and 3rd time, more relax and experience.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add I will dread it if I am on my own at 1pm, someone comes to my house knocking the front door, and my dogs barking, I hate to open that door!! I will go sweating with fear!!!!!!!!! lol

I didn't bother with the list of phobias...but I'll tell you right here and now what I'm afraid of...I don't think it's on there someplace, but I don't want to think too much about the "end of the world...." If that makes any sense? I mean, I think about what will become of us, the human species, what will happen to everyone, HOW it will happen, what we'll do, whether we'll be afraid or everyone will just evaporate or something.

I'm also kind of a "self-diagnosed agoraphobic." (Fear of open places...or of going out. Don't get me wrong...I do go out, but it's pretty rare. I go out, do whatever I gotta do, but then my ass is back home!!!) I guess I also fear death...since I've come close a couple of times and I don't want anything to happen to me or the people I love.

That sums it up for me.
Malfoyish

Malfoyish said:
I didn't bother with the list of phobias...but I'll tell you right here and now what I'm afraid of...I don't think it's on there someplace, but I don't want to think too much about the "end of the world...." If that makes any sense? I mean, I think about what will become of us, the human species, what will happen to everyone, HOW it will happen, what we'll do, whether we'll be afraid or everyone will just evaporate or something.

I'm also kind of a "self-diagnosed agoraphobic." (Fear of open places...or of going out. Don't get me wrong...I do go out, but it's pretty rare. I go out, do whatever I gotta do, but then my ass is back home!!!) I guess I also fear death...since I've come close a couple of times and I don't want anything to happen to me or the people I love.

That sums it up for me.
Malfoyish

Oh jeeze !! You remind me of the movie in 1983 !! That was extremely HORRIBLE movie ever I saw it ! I could not even sleep for several days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3386440777&category=2307#ebayphotohosting

The Day After, a dramatization of the effects of a hypothetical nuclear attack on the United States was one of the biggest media events of the 1980s. Programmed by ABC on Sunday, 20 November 1983, The Day After was watched by an estimated half the adult population, the largest audience for a made-for-TV movie to that time. The movie was broadcast after weeks of advance publicity, fueled by White House nervousness about its anti-nuclear "bias". ABC had distributed a half-million "viewer's guides" and discussion groups were organized around the country. A studio discussion, in which Secretary of State took part, was conducted following the program. The advance publicity was unprecedented in scale. It centered on the slogan "THE DAY AFTER--Beyond Imagining. The starkly realistic drama of nuclear confrontation and its devastating effect on a group of average American citizens..."

Attachments

• The Day After.jpg
    The Day After.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 29
AquaMaiden said:

Whew!!! Glad to see another AD member who have same fear of clowns. Therefore, I am not alone and not being a crazy myself. Really, I rarely go to circus. I love to see animals there but not like deal with see more clowns there. *shriveling*

Fear of getting stuck, fear of getting trapped
or suffocating....I cannot tolerate any
confined spaces especially in an
elevator with others (claustrophobia)

Last edited:
Lasza said:
I look at the list of phobia. Found some of phobia here.

Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
Asthenophobia- Fear of fainting or weakness
Bufonophobia- Fear of toads.
Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces.
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns.
Cypridophobia, Cypriphobia, Cyprianophobia, or Cyprinophobia - Fear of prostitutes or venereal diseases.

Finally break only one phobia of prostitiues/VD last fall. That's most hardest lesson I ever learned. I don't get VD in my body. Just saying I have seen my own eyes for see my friend who got VD. Helped her lot of time with her emtional and mental. Took lot of time for me to understand thru. Thanks to my friend and other friends who got VD for break my phobia.

Now, I am working to get rid of these phobias. Long way for me to do it. I learned something after spirit advisor told me about 60-85% phobia. habit, and behaviours come from past lives. Wanna to get rid of it? then doing regression. More like hynpnois (sp?) or mediation to find out about the past lives that cause phobia keep hopping in each lifetime till catch the truth then phobia's fade. Interested to know.

WOW.. I feel better that I am not the one of few people who have phobias..

I have terrible phobias..
I went thru treatments and hyponsis didnt work cuz of deaf.
the #1 i have....
Entomophobia- Fear of insects, same as
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.. I get real serve rashes on my arms if i see them or feel its coming or around..

------
there are more but i can "deal" like suffer.. must do it.. after that i get sweaty or exhausted afterward..

Verminophobia- Fear of germs.... I must clean..

Eremophobia- Fear of being oneself or of lonliness. (or Isolophobia- Fear of solitude, being alone.) (i couldnt find "quiet) I get really sweaty or nervous..

Achluophobia- Fear of darkness. My bro ruined it.. he keep scaring me at nights.. later his friends did....

Dentophobia- Fear of dentists. I had real bad experienced when I was 6 years old.. old lady was top of me and held me down while pull 6 teeth (bottom jaw)...

Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects... I do cry like baby, if my panic get out of hand, I will faint.. I was been in hospital to have babies born, I have IV in my hand.. I told nurses to wrap around with splinter so i wont feel it or look at it.. I have to look away.. or out of my sights.. if i visit family or friends in hospital.. i will have to make sure to bring cold water and small booklets to fan myself if i feel sweating and soon pass out.. lol..

Altophobia- Fear of heights. I cant go on ladder more than 3-4 steps..
(there is other one for height lol it also called Hypsiphobia- Fear of height.)

couldnt find word.. I have fears when i see blood, i get faint or sick.... also..when someone is angry and... relationship ends by betrayed... I keep it positive so it wont let it play my mind :)

Back