Got 'phobia

Aichmophobia-fear of needles

I hope I never become pregnant cuz there will be lots of blood tests and needle stuff.

I am pregnant, and they only needed one blood test. That's all. They told me about 2 other tests, but they were optional. I said "no thanks."

LOL- is that for real? I LOVE GARLIC! Lucky my husband does not have this phobia. LOL.

>>Alliumphobia- Fear of garlic.

I don't know why we are having the first few forums that are old until this thread number four this year. "sigh" Oh, well, as for me I am afraid of heights and have fear being involved in a accident which I am very lucky not to have one seriously. I also have fear of crawly bugs even when I am out living in the bush which I love the outdoors very much. That is the only thing I hate the crawly bugs, ugh, yew!!! :eek:

Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns

Possibly Claustophobia- Fear of samll spaces... But I dont know because I get scared looking down in the swimming pools, especially the deep end becaues that's where the creepy ventilitation system is, eeek!

Morbid fear of heights here....actually threw up during a drive on a cliff road, I was soooo terrified.

It's not even funny to me...it's really kept me from enjoying things that people sometimes take for granted. I want to see the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, California's Coastal Highway, but I know I will just die of terror. My husband has no fear of any kind, so he goes up the towers and skyscrapers, and I try, but usually end up halfway up and paralyzed and crying. It totally totally sucks.

Aichmophobia-fear of needles

I just hate needles as when i was a little girl and had to have an needle inserted so can have some blood drawn out and suddenly the needle broke inside my flesh and they had to cut my arm to get the broken part of the needle out and since then i dreaded the time when it come to having any injections or blood tests etc..

I don't think I have any phobias, nothing serious in that level.

Morbid fear of heights here....actually threw up during a drive on a cliff road, I was soooo terrified.

It's not even funny to me...it's really kept me from enjoying things that people sometimes take for granted. I want to see the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, California's Coastal Highway, but I know I will just die of terror. My husband has no fear of any kind, so he goes up the towers and skyscrapers, and I try, but usually end up halfway up and paralyzed and crying. It totally totally sucks.

If its really causing a problem for you, you might want to try some desensitation therapy. Very effective.

I have severe fear of heights when not in controlled environment. Such as if hiking I cannot go by edge, or in a car Im not driving. But, I love to ski and go down plenty of high steep slopes. I feel though that the 'all whiteness' appearence at ski resort gives deception to depth perception. I am obsessed with extreme roller coasters and any high ride because for some reason I feel secure with being secured to ride to face my fear.

I have severe fear of heights when not in controlled environment. Such as if hiking I cannot go by edge, or in a car Im not driving. But, I love to ski and go down plenty of high steep slopes. I feel though that the 'all whiteness' appearence at ski resort gives deception to depth perception. I am obsessed with extreme roller coasters and any high ride because for some reason I feel secure with being secured to ride to face my fear.

Sounds as if your fear is more related to being out of control of the situation than the height.

Sounds as if your fear is more related to being out of control of the situation than the height.

Yes, Yes, I want COMPLETE CONTROL! :laugh2:
I just get dizzy, lightheaded, nausea with cliffs, being on ladder, on house etc.

I didn't see my phobia.

I don't like to be in a closed in space that has fish aquariums on both sides.

The reason why I have this phobia is that one time I was in pet store that has a closed in space full of fish aquariums. I was walking in the middle of the aisle when a pirannah fish jumped out of the aquarium and landed in front of me.

It scared me. I ended up crying. I was 7 years old.

Of course....I probably shouldn't have seen the movie, "Pirannah". :lol:

Anyway I tense anytime I see a roomful of fish aquariums!

( I know.....it's weird.)

I knew someone who had fear of dolls, especially those that look human.

I discovered this fear when I was watching Bride of Chucky with my ex-girlfriend. Her friend (who lived on the same floor) happened to walk in the room and asked what we were watching. As soon as she looked at the television and saw Chucky, she ran out of the room screaming in terror! :Ohno:

Back