Gay Marriage Victory

I forgot to add to my statement - see gay marriage case in Canada, it was hot issue until gay marriage legalized in all provinces and territories, in several years, it isn't hot issue anymore, but gay marriage opposition still exist in small group now.

Beyond to those, like you said - wait and see.

Thankfully, our country has very little in common with Canada. You can't really compare the 2 countries.

Thankfully, our country has very little in common with Canada. You can't really compare the 2 countries.

I disagree - many of cultures in US and Canada are similar, even they use ASL and I guess you told me to not compare because you don't like about how I was discussed.

As my thread - there is no place to debate about existence of movement and I don't want debate with you.

I disagree - many of cultures in US and Canada are similar, even they use ASL and I guess you told me to not compare because you don't like about how I was discussed.

As my thread - there is no place to debate about existence of movement and I don't want debate with you.

This isn't a debate. I merely pointed out some things I believe to be incorrect. Perhaps you missed the fact that I twice said I support the repeal of DOMA.

This isn't a debate. I merely pointed out some things I believe to be incorrect. Perhaps you missed the fact that I twice said I support the repeal of DOMA.

I have no problem about your support on repeal of DOMA and I appreciate that you share your view with us.

The debate between you and me is not about DOMA or gay marriage, but it is about existence of movement, similarities/difference between Canada and US and how long does gay marriage will be hot issue.

I found my thinking - when legislators push the pro-gay or anti-gay legislation so gay rights will be still hot issue. I found out that issue about abortion is quite in Canada but hot issue in the US because of legislator's action. After all, you made sense about reason why gay marriage will be hot issue for long time.

That's a tough question to answer in a simple way. What I can tell you is that gay marriage is legal and there is an annual gay pride day which goes on with little opposition or backlash. Of course we have our share of people who oppose and/or speak out publicly against gay rights or gays in general but the feeling is they are in the minority. 'Live and let live' is the attitude heard most often.

Also, as a side note, Canada has a 'hate speech' law which can limit freedom of speech if that speech incites hatred towards a certain group/culture. Here is a link to a recent ruling that utilized the hate speech law in regards to some anti-gay propoganda.
Hate speech ruling marks Canada as a different place - The Globe and Mail

That's a tough question to answer in a simple way. What I can tell you is that gay marriage is legal and there is an annual gay pride day which goes on with little opposition or backlash. Of course we have our share of people who oppose and/or speak out publicly against gay rights or gays in general but the feeling is they are in the minority. 'Live and let live' is the attitude heard most often.

Also, as a side note, Canada has a 'hate speech' law which can limit freedom of speech if that speech incites hatred towards a certain group/culture. Here is a link to a recent ruling that utilized the hate speech law in regards to some anti-gay propoganda.
Hate speech ruling marks Canada as a different place - The Globe and Mail

Wow, that's very interesting to know about Canada.

In US, anti-gay propaganda is protected under First Amendment in the US Constitution, but some area could restrict, such as school.

I will not debate your opinion, it is yours and you are entitled to it. However, out of curiousity, have you done much travelling or spent any length of time different areas in Canada?

Oh, no need to debate. You are there and happy. I am here and happy. Everybody wins!

I heard that WBC lost four relative members. Nate said it may blow its "church's" longevity.

VIDEO: CPAC Attendees Blast GOP Senator Who Announced Support For Marriage Equality | ThinkProgress

I feel bad for this senator got backfired and there are people have a poor understanding about gay people. *SMH*

The homosexuality isn't choice, even bisexuality too.

1) Politics is banned on AD.

2) Many people disagree with you and believe it is a choice. There is no concrete proof either way so this is really a matter of opinion. Of course this section isn't the place for debate so we should just agree to disagree. I only mention this because you are stating opinion as fact.

1) Politics is banned on AD.

2) Many people disagree with you and believe it is a choice. There is no concrete proof either way so this is really a matter of opinion. Of course this section isn't the place for debate so we should just agree to disagree. I only mention this because you are stating opinion as fact.

First, sorry, you are incorrect - there is no strong political discussion in my thread and the gay marriage can be political issue by nature, but the moderator allowed us to discuss in limited matter - not cover the large area. Please refrain from any complaint about whatever is political or not - if you have problem - go talk to moderator instead of trash my thread that you will have little or zero cooperation with me.

Well, that's fine with me about people disagree about sexual orientation isn't choice. There are many scientific studies found that sexual orientation isn't choice, especially medical professionals. It is best for you to stop label my post as opinion and I don't take my statement as opinion, period.
US researchers find evidence that homosexuality linked to genetics | World news | guardian.co.uk

As LGBT section, the sexual orientation isn't choice, is common sense to LGBT communities and it shouldn't debated, so this section cover many of pro-gay stances. If you have doubt or disagree about stances - go to on-topic debate section. My posts are intended to share about pro-gay stances.

First, sorry, you are incorrect - there is no strong political discussion in my thread and the gay marriage can be political issue by nature, but the moderator allowed us to discuss in limited matter - not cover the large area. Please refrain from any complaint about whatever is political or not - if you have problem - go talk to moderator instead of trash my thread that you will have little or zero cooperation with me.

Well, that's fine with me about people disagree about sexual orientation isn't choice. There are many scientific studies found that sexual orientation isn't choice, especially medical professionals. It is best for you to stop label my post as opinion and I don't take my statement as opinion, period.
US researchers find evidence that homosexuality linked to genetics | World news | guardian.co.uk

As LGBT section, the sexual orientation isn't choice, is common sense to LGBT communities and it shouldn't debated, so this section cover many of pro-gay stances. If you have doubt or disagree about stances - go to on-topic debate section. My posts are intended to share about pro-gay stances.

1) You brought up CPAC which is "Conservative Political Action Conference." That is very political.

2) You criticized a Senator's understanding of the issue. Also very political. The Mods have made it quite clear that political discussions are banned.

3) My previous post acknowledged that this is not a debate section. I even stated that I am not debating the merits....only clarifying that it is opinion and not fact and asking that you not express opinion as fact. :ty:

1) You brought up CPAC which is "Conservative Political Action Conference." That is very political.

2) You criticized a Senator's understanding of the issue. Also very political. The Mods have made it quite clear that political discussions are banned.

3) My previous post acknowledged that this is not a debate section. I even stated that I am not debating the merits....only clarifying that it is opinion and not fact and asking that you not express opinion as fact. :ty:

Again, that's not political and you misunderstood my post about criticizing of senator. I don't carry "CPAC" as text in my post, except for link - I'm saying that people at this conference have a poor understanding about gay people, that's simple and very limited.

Time for me to clarify - I'm not criticized the senator. Fact - I praised the senator for support gay marriage because of his son is gay and very happy that he support his son. I'm criticized the people from conference who backfired at senator for support gay marriage and feel very sad about senator got backfired. I'm SAYING that people in the conference have a poor understanding, not the senator who supported gay marriage. That's not more political than other and I have met under limited circumstance that allowed by moderators.

I don't see my claim as opinion, that's enough and no more argument in my thread.

Like I said above, if you have any problem or complaint - go talk to moderators instead of complain at my face because not all of your claim about political are accurate, that why moderators have a final answer to address the issue. You should know that gay marriage is political by nature and the moderators allowed under limited circumstance - I understand very clearly and please kindly to move on.

Back