Gay Marriage Victory

Yup, it was first time for Obama to admit that he supports gay rights and he ran the risk about lose the votes, but lucky, he survived the reelection for second term. Many Americans are start become more tolerate with gay rights and they are not an huge concern for them.

I believe that IL will going to be next for gay marriage and wait for US Supreme Court to give a final ruling for California, so DOMA case too.

My prediction with IL is closer to be correct - the senate passed it so only left for the house to pass.

Minnesota will be next one.

I used to be neutral on this but I am all for it now. I hope DOMA is repealed soon.

i not gone in to detail but our prime minister all for gay marriage but unless church agree then his views no matter,cameron been pulled down in flames about it...
i have views about marriage in general dont do it...but if feel more complete with religious service then go for it...Quakers will marry gay couples and they great group of christians

We've got it right ;-).

Attachments

• 527682_122621807876582_219934674_n.jpg
    527682_122621807876582_219934674_n.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
i not gone in to detail but our prime minister all for gay marriage but unless church agree then his views no matter,cameron been pulled down in flames about it...
i have views about marriage in general dont do it...but if feel more complete with religious service then go for it...Quakers will marry gay couples and they great group of christians

Church don't need agree with government on gay marriage, but we could grant them an exemption and they don't have to serve the wedding for gay couples.

Almost all states with gay marriage have exemption for churches, that's not problem for me.

We've got it right ;-).

Yes, the gay marriage is reason that I want find a job and immigrate to Canada, also I could still vote for US politicians via absentee ballot based on state that where I previously lived in, that's cool.

I like British Columbia and Ontario, but only negative is weather during winter.

Church don't need agree with government on gay marriage, but we could grant them an exemption and they don't have to serve the wedding for gay couples.

Almost all states with gay marriage have exemption for churches, that's not problem for me.

Yeah. But, if they are in very conservative area, it may be hard for them to find a church whose accpets gay couples... =/

Yeah. But, if they are in very conservative area, it may be hard for them to find a church whose accpets gay couples... =/

Yes, that's unfortunately, I don't want church to interfere with our government so they granted the exemption for church, so keep our government separated. Gay people have many choice, including relocation to move away from conservative area.

The anti-gay activists are fading away, unlike in 1990's, that where anti-gay rights was very strong.

I'm speaking based on my experience.

I'm saying that anti-gay activists are small now.

I know what you are saying. But I don't believe it is accurate. I have met with several college groups just this year who are actually against gay marriage. That movement is actually growing. Conservative groups are doing a good job of recruiting young members now and youth is where movements like this are driven. So, while I support the repeal of DOMA, I think your statement about activists is inaccurate.

I know what you are saying. But I don't believe it is accurate. I have met with several college groups just this year who are actually against gay marriage. That movement is actually growing. Conservative groups are doing a good job of recruiting young members now and youth is where movements like this are driven. So, while I support the repeal of DOMA, I think your statement about activists is inaccurate.

in Texas? The opposition to gay rights (including marriage) is very common in the southern states, especially in my state too, but I don't think they are growing because they hold the belief for many years, usually inherited from parent or families who opposed to gay rights. I don't have problem with my university and some students know that I'm bisexual - no bullies or backfire. There is no public anti-gay movement at my university, but probably for small private group that we don't know.

My statement is opinion, reflect to my experience, despite about strong anti-gay presence in Alabama, but you have other experience. When gay marriage start rise in the state like California - the anti-gay movement will be increased for short time until gay marriage passes and the ballot on gay marriage ban fails, so they will start peak off and focus on other issues like taxes and debts. That's very normal for movement and the protest - I'm not concerned because they are free to protest as we could fight. The recruitment has become more crazy from liberal and conservative right now, also recruitment of students on anti-gay rights are usually when they don't know about gay rights, or oppose to gay rights.

The philosophies can change over time - back in late 1970's, my mother was conservative and opposed to gay rights. She didn't loosen it up until 1988 and became mild liberal with support for gay rights, but she's middle on fiscal issues. Today, majority of young adults (18-30) support gay marriage (over 60%) but less for older groups.

in Texas? The opposition to gay rights (including marriage) is very common in the southern states, especially in my state too, but I don't think they are growing because they hold the belief for many years, usually inherited from parent or families who opposed to gay rights. I don't have problem with my university and some students know that I'm bisexual - no bullies or backfire. There is no public anti-gay movement at my university, but probably for small private group that we don't know.

My statement is opinion, reflect to my experience, despite about strong anti-gay presence in Alabama, but you have other experience. When gay marriage start rise in the state like California - the anti-gay movement will be increased for short time until gay marriage passes and the ballot on gay marriage ban fails, so they will start peak off and focus on other issues like taxes and debts. That's very normal for movement and the protest - I'm not concerned because they are free to protest as we could fight. The recruitment has become more crazy from liberal and conservative right now, also recruitment of students on anti-gay rights are usually when they don't know about gay rights, or oppose to gay rights.

The philosophies can change over time - back in late 1970's, my mother was conservative and opposed to gay rights. She didn't loosen it up until 1988 and became mild liberal with support for gay rights, but she's middle on fiscal issues. Today, majority of young adults (18-30) support gay marriage (over 60%) but less for older groups.

No. The groups I have met with are National. Meetings have occurred in Palo Alto (Stanford), Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas and twice in D.C.

No. The groups I have met with are National. Meetings have occurred in Palo Alto (Stanford), Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas and twice in D.C.

Oh I see, that's make sense because gay marriage is one of most important issue in those states - it means we see more anti-gay movement to voice their opinion - I'm sure it is same in Maryland and Washington.

It did happened in Vermont about 13 years ago when they adopted the civil union, after many years, they wear off.

Oh I see, that's make sense because gay marriage is one of most important issue in those states - it means we see more anti-gay movement to voice their opinion - I'm sure it is same in Maryland and Washington.

It did happened in Vermont about 13 years ago when they adopted the civil union, after many years, they wear off.

Again, the groups were National. There were people from all over. These were not rallies, they were meetings.

Again, the groups were National. There were people from all over. These were not rallies, they were meetings.

I don't follow and your post confused me. :confused:

I have clarify - I don't want argument about movement, rallies or meeting. I'm saying about based on my experience, but of course, the anti-gay movement will growing because gay marriage is hot issue for now, after years, they will wear off, even same for pro-gay movement as well, especially when gay marriage is no longer hot issue anymore in near future.

I don't follow and your post confused me. :confused:

I have clarify - I don't want argument about movement, rallies or meeting. I'm saying about based on my experience, but of course, the anti-gay movement will growing because gay marriage is hot issue for now, after years, they will wear off, even same for pro-gay movement as well, especially when gay marriage is no longer hot issue anymore in near future.

No. It is more of a pendulum type of thing. Gay marriage will always be a "hot issue".....the momentum just shifts.

No. It is more of a pendulum type of thing. Gay marriage will always be a "hot issue".....the momentum just shifts.

What is your own definition about pendulum? I don't understand about what dictionary says.

I disagree with statement about gay marriage will be hot issue for very long time, that's not same as abortion and taxes that has been hot issue since 1970's. The gay marriage is similar to civil rights and interracial marriage, that once to be hot issue in past but not much anymore, but there are small groups that oppose the civil rights and interracial marriage today.

What is your own definition about pendulum? I don't understand about what dictionary says.

I disagree with statement about gay marriage will be hot issue for very long time, that's not same as abortion and taxes that has been hot issue since 1970's. The gay marriage is similar to civil rights and interracial marriage, that once to be hot issue in past but not much anymore, but there are small groups that oppose the civil rights and interracial marriage today.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I don't believe sentiment will mirror that of the Civil Rights movement.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I don't believe sentiment will mirror that of the Civil Rights movement.

I forgot to add to my statement - see gay marriage case in Canada, it was hot issue until gay marriage legalized in all provinces and territories, in several years, it isn't hot issue anymore, but gay marriage opposition still exist in small group now.

Beyond to those, like you said - wait and see.

Back