Gally dorms

-Can I install 5 door lock in my own room?
I doubt you can since the only people who have access to your dorm room would be yourself, your roommate (if you have one), your resident advisor, your RA's boss, and campus safety. The reason why the would have access to your room is in case of emergencies. If there's a fire alarm, the RAs have to ensure that all rooms are empty before evacuating the building. If you were to install your own lock, you would be putting yourself at risk by not allowing anyone (qualified individuals) else to enter your room. Besides, why would you want to install your own locks? Plus, the door is school property and you can't modify it.
-Can I paint the walls?
Since the dorm rooms are school property, I doubt you will be able to paint your own room. If it was your own house, then you can do whatever you want since it's your property as long as it meets certain criteria.
-Can I put real guns in the room ... like put on wall as it is part of ART?
Dude... remember VT? Seriously, no student should be permitted to have any weapon of any kind in their dorm room. If it is a non-working model that cannot work at all no matter what you do to it (barrel welded close, hammer removed, etc), then that's a tiny possibility that it might be permitted if checked through campus safety. But then again, why would you want to have something like that in your room? It would scare everyone else. It's a dorm room and you're not going to be there 24/7 during your entire stay at college. It would be best to keep the room simple.
-Can I bring my own microwave in the room?
That varies on the college. I know a lot of colleges don't permit it since it's an electronic cooking product and runs a risk of starting fires when not properly used. That's why a lot of campuses provide microwaves in designated areas of the dorm buildings.

Since the dorm rooms are school property, I doubt you will be able to paint your own room
Actually, my school let kids paint their dorm rooms. You just had to repaint it at the end of the school year.

I wonder - do they ever wash the walls every year? You know some dirty stuff that sit on the wall for years. Almost all janitors do not clean the doorknobs and walls. Think about it.

Do they allowed to smoke in their room if they have a roommate? I think that smoking is so disgusting.

When I am Gallaudetian;

-Can I install 5 door lock in my own room? no

-Can I paint the walls? no

-Can I put real guns in the room ... like put on wall as it is part of ART? no

-Can I bring my own microwave in the room? yea

-Can I use you as my teddy bear every nights? whats wrong with ur teddy bear doll?

:wiggle:

hah, look at my answer on bold words

I wonder - do they ever wash the walls every year? You know some dirty stuff that sit on the wall for years. Almost all janitors do not clean the doorknobs and walls. Think about it.

Do they allowed to smoke in their room if they have a roommate? I think that smoking is so disgusting.

Facilities Dept will painting on wall after school year end

no, smoking arent allowed in the building

You can bring teddy bear is ok.

If you can use air-brush paint. Yes. But I not sure if Gallaudet permission or not?

But no bring for a real gun, knives, and etc. No!

install door for lock. I not sure about that yet. We find out. We will learn about it. ;)

no, not allowed at all

This was a joke, right? Or are you really that crazy? :dunno2:
No. Let him.

It would be interesting to see another article posted here in the near future.

"Deaf Student Arrested for Possession of Firearms as 'Art' in Dorm Room"

;)

Yes, Gallaudet changed the dormitory names to Ballard North and Ballard West.

I haven't been to Gallaudet for a while. Some of my friends works at Gallaudet keeps me up to date about what goes on w/ the campus, so and on.

Like Shel said, Gallaudet changed it's name shortly after the murders. From what I know - according to my friends - they said that Gallaudet felt that it would be in the best interest of the University to change it's name and to start anew.

In my opinion, The university should not have changed it's name because it was named after 2 historical figures in the deaf community. On the other hand I do understand that Gallaudet wanted to do the best and to help the students/parents/staff/faculty and alumni to cope with the murder, rather than be reminded of what happened.

Ditto

I still think it is ridiculous to change those dorms' names but for the public relations' sakes they had to do it.

In speaking of pulled fire alarms, My freshman class was the worst one. There were 62 fire alarms in September only at Benson Hall and almost all the fire alarms were pulled by froshies. My good friend was one of them and he did not get caught at that time. A few months later, he did it again and finally got caught. He was expelled for two years and he did not bother to return there after the end of expulsion.

It would be nice if the Krug and Cogswell names could come back on campus somewhere else. EMG has two buildings named after him, maybe one could be Cogswell. And the Gate House could be Krug...especially since that gate isn't used any more anyway!

It would be nice if the Krug and Cogswell names could come back on campus somewhere else. EMG has two buildings named after him, maybe one could be Cogswell. And the Gate House could be Krug...especially since that gate isn't used any more anyway!

Yup, I can careless if Gally renamed into Krug and Cogswell Hall, it doesn't affect me or stay away from that, murder is happens in anywhere of world.

There were two murders that year. One was named Eric Plunkett and the other was Benjamin Varner. Both were by the same person, Joseph Mesa. If you google any of their names you will find out more.

Don't worry about murder that year. That a long year ago. But will not happen again. :)

Yes, this was in 2000-2001. It's a very long time ago. But you can't say it won't happen again...it happened at Virginia Tech, and at Northern Illinois University...nobody knows when somebody will go crazy and bring a gun to school.

BTW, Varner and Plunkett were killed by hand, not with a gun...but I think it is clear what I meant.

Back