Gally dorms

Does students at Gally are allow to subscribe for digital cable, such as HD channels with HD receiver and responsible to pay bills on their own?

Digital cable is means as require receiver to offers more channels than traditional cable tv.

How many cable (RF) socket in room? I means for roommate to share the one room.

My old friend rented a TV cable at NTID dormitory. Some deaf/hearing people also rent the cable in their room. I didn't want one because when they finished their school, they are required to pay the fee for returning their cable box to the company. I believe it was 40 dollars fee. What a dope. I would never to pay the fee. F... off the company.

NTID dormitory provides a free basic cable for each room. I was happy about that. It was a big deal to me.

Watch out the contract paper for the rent cable. It's your problem if you want to rent it. If your dormitory has a free basic cable, then use it. Save your money and be wise. You will need the money after you finished your college and start renting a place to live. Things are very expensive nowadays.

Does students at Gally are allow to subscribe for digital cable, such as HD channels with HD receiver and responsible to pay bills on their own?

Digital cable is means as require receiver to offers more channels than traditional cable tv.

How many cable (RF) socket in room? I means for roommate to share the one room.

Sorry, its not allowed... Just use regular cable... The RF is one, u can buy 2 in one RF to share with ur roommate for other TV

Sorry, its not allowed... Just use regular cable... The RF is one, u can buy 2 in one RF to share with ur roommate for other TV

You means like that?
7129412_sc.jpg

Yea, thats one cuz I am not sure what is it call

It called video splitters, it's better than argue with roommate over tv shows.

or students can have option to use download section like iTune to watch tv shows on laptop or computer, also at least if they are accept with no CC support but in near future, they will add SDH or subtitles to support this video.

Now, how about can allow to use router to sharing on media and support multi-task, or ethernet switch (or Hub)?

Other question, how dorm looks like based on genders, is that where men and women are mixed at dorm?

It called video splitters, it's better than argue with roommate over tv shows.

or students can have option to use download section like iTune to watch tv shows on laptop or computer, also at least if they are accept with no CC support but in near future, they will add SDH or subtitles to support this video.

1. Now, how about can allow to use router to sharing on media and support multi-task, or ethernet switch (or Hub)?

2. Other question, how dorm looks like based on genders, is that where men and women are mixed at dorm?

1. U mean internet? If so, all dorms got 2 plug internet wall, if u need more than 2 internet like ur cpu/laptop and VP then u have to get router on ur own...

2. All dorms are co-ed dorms, each floors are take turn like men on first floor then women on second floor, men on third floor, women on fourth floor, etc... For Clerc Halll and Carlin Hall, women and men are mixed on any floors cuz they got private bathroom in their suites rooms...

1. U mean internet? If so, all dorms got 2 plug internet wall, if u need more than 2 internet like ur cpu/laptop and VP then u have to get router on ur own...

2. All dorms are co-ed dorms, each floors are take turn like men on first floor then women on second floor, men on third floor, women on fourth floor, etc... For Clerc Halll and Carlin Hall, women and men are mixed on any floors cuz they got private bathroom in their suites rooms...

Yup, it's internet, for using multi-task like VP, PC, PS3, Xbox Live, Wii online and Apple TV at same time, that's good move.

That's interesting about co-ed, I found that Ballard West (Krug) is used to be men dorm and Ballard North (Cogswell) is used to be women dorm in long time ago, now, it's changing alot...

Thanks for answer my question.

Clerc Hall are for Junior/Senior students or higher credit, while Carlin Hall are for Graduate students, special needs, wheelchair accessible, and many more... Any freshmen students automatically go to Ballard North/West for one year, after that, students can make choice which dorms they wanna...

oh really? do you know how big the accessible rooms are especially in bathroom?

I hope they're still not doing the fire alarms now.. b/c I'm thinking of attending Gallaudet soon so I hope it's stopped mostly. has it?

oh really? do you know how big the accessible rooms are especially in bathroom?

Carlin Hall got all great accessible for handicapped people, their bathroom pretty big than Clerc Hall's bathroom... For any handicapped people attending Gallaudet are automatically live in Carlin Hall unless they request to live other dorms (make sure that dorms have accessible like elevator, open doors itself, etc)

I hope they're still not doing the fire alarms now.. b/c I'm thinking of attending Gallaudet soon so I hope it's stopped mostly. has it?

Fire alarm seems less problem than before, but sometime will pull alarm for some stupid reasons or malfunction (its normal) or overcook like popcorn "bomb" and cause alot smoke... I was working at Benson Hall for a year, I would maybe said 20 or less fire alarms, but spring semester (jan to May 2007) is more less than fall semester cuz of pull alarm then encourage all students to join protest, I think its really stupid to doing this...

Farewall, does students are allow to bring desktop to dorm?

Desktop means non-laptop, regular computer.

Farewall, does students are allow to bring desktop to dorm?

Desktop means non-laptop, regular computer.

Yea, u are allowed to bring any computer kind u wanna like desktop or laptop or else...

Oh that's good...

Don't you think that it is a good idea to get a computer chain wire to lock your computer at the dorm? It will prevent anyone steal your computer. I just thought of it.

Oh that's good...

Don't you think that it is a good idea to get a computer chain wire to lock your computer at the dorm? It will prevent anyone steal your computer. I just thought of it.

Gally dorm does have lock on door, you need lock the door to prevent the high risk for theft but some roommates can be issue, hard to trust.

Oh that's good...

Forgot to mention, You need have insurance to cover the damage and theft for expensive stuff.

Back