From a voice of an oral deaf child ...

Good for you! I wonder why/how it is ordinary folk had the wherewithal to give you "pats on the back" and that the manager actually knew how to turn on the CC feature. :lol:

I had to show him how! :lol:

My son doesn't live with me anymore, but I still have the captions on. After a long day of talking with people and dealing with people in crisis, I would rather read the captions than listen to someone's voice!:lol:

You know who your friends really are by peeking at their television sets when you visit! :lol:

hahaha... im still in my 20's. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

My grandparents dont sign much.. But they are only 73 and grandparents to a 9 year old, 8 year old greatgrandkids. :)

Doesn't matter that your grandparents don't sign much. All of my grandparents were from Cuba and they spoke very little English. I have wonderful memories with them, especially my maternal grandmother. She only knew how to say a handful of words like "Thank you" and "You're welcome" and yet... I loved spending time with her.

The list the OP made states my experience to the T. Thanks for posting it.

I like BecLak's signature line. :) I am designed to be deaf to achieve a specific purpose.

Thank you Deafbajagal for posting this! I may print this out and tack it to my door as a note to those who enter, or I could go one step further and frame it!

:lol:

But seriously you posted how I grew up, and I was able to relate to every single one of those in one way or another. It a state like Arkansas, deaf services are difficult to locate simply because the majority of the population has never encountered a deafie before and the fact that it is expensive and difficult to obtain when 80% of our state population lives in a rural area.

However I do see some improvement with ATU offering deaf services such as a note taker and interpreters.

Back