France approves burqa ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

:lol: you are probably somewhere that doesn't have the spread of the fashion trends. They are still everywhere here, particularily in the ghetto areas.

...Let's say France bans those who wear hats or baseball caps for those sign. Think especially at a Dodgers gathering, many fans wearing dodgers caps.
Do you feel it is right?
Ball caps aren't a security risk the way full head coverings are.

Then France should ban this as well.

00140m.jpg

Please do!!! Please!!!!

Wirelessly posted

:lol: you are probably somewhere that doesn't have the spread of the fashion trends. They are still everywhere here, particularily in the ghetto areas.
That's what I mean. They've been worn for too many years; it's old fashion now.

Wirelessly posted

Reba said:
...Let's say France bans those who wear hats or baseball caps for those sign. Think especially at a Dodgers gathering, many fans wearing dodgers caps.
Do you feel it is right?
Ball caps aren't a security risk the way full head coverings are.

It is not the realistic differences between the the two.
Referring to the other aspect.

Wirelessly posted

Whoa. authentic's pic looks like pyramid head or something.
Alex - how about this. When I looked into the issue earlier, it mentioned the French have banned the muslim shawls too. That is worn by more women than this.

Thanks, Reba; I knew it was somewhere in the inner recesses......:lol:

Wirelessly posted

Whoa. authentic's pic looks like pyramid head or something.
Alex - how about this. When I looked into the issue earlier, it mentioned the French have banned the muslim shawls too. That is worn by more women than this.

Really? They banned the head scarf that still leaves the face uncovered? I am completely against that. Clearly it is a violation of human rights.

Makes me want to "accidentally" step on his bottom pants cuffs and see his pants drop down completely to the ground.

"Ooopsie! Sorry!"

:lol:

You don't see them around here much anymore. Most places here will not let you in if you are wearing them. This includes stores for obvious reasons.

I don't think it is insulting or demeaning to women. They are covering their own bodies because their bodies are so sacred and special that they don't want other men to see them. Other men, non-relatives, do not have the right to see what is so sacred to them.

Really? They banned the head scarf that still leaves the face uncovered? I am completely against that. Clearly it is a violation of human rights.

Meh......Same as before, If they don't like it they are free to leave.

I don't think it is insulting or demeaning to women. They are covering their own bodies because their bodies are so sacred and special that they don't want other men to see them. Other men, non-relatives, do not have the right to see what is so sacred to them.

Well, in other Islamic countries women, any women, are required/forced to cover their bodies or faces per the religious laws in those countries. I think that's insulting and demeaning.

First off, if a country has a law people don't like, then they don't need to go there. Just as there is a law for driver licenses that require the full picture of your face on it. Either you abide by it or you don't. And if you don't, well, you don't get to drive. It's a priviledge, and not a right in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back