France approves burqa ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
The middle is what drives me nuts...I feel like giving whoever does that a wedgie! :lol:

All three need a wedgie....... at least

Well, I don't know...from a security point of view, I kinda doubt I'd be allowed to wear a ski mask or a Halloween mask(in July, lol) in public. What about the requirement of having your mug on your driver's license?

I believe women are not allowed to drive. They have no rights .

doesn't bother me much. they are what they are and we are what we are. nobody is more right here.

Wearing a burqa is NOT a right. It's like arguing that people have the right to be naked in public.

Burqa is NOT prescribed in the Koran. The Koran prescribed modesty, it didn't say cover the face. Note that only women wear them, not men and that shows sexism and oppression. Amish dress modestly. Muslims dress modestly with covered head scarves.

Besides it's bad for you, it blocks your body's production of vitamin D. Muslims who wear full clothing and burqas are at risk of vitamin D deficiency.

It's an assault to the concept of human rights because it always represents oppression. When you support values that reflect represent oppression, then you don't support human rights. You cannot have both ways. Remember, they don't respect human rights at all so if you grant them the right to wear it, you're paving a path for them to take away your rights.

Wikipedia explains the purpose: "It is worn over the usual daily clothing (often a long dress or a shalwar kameez) and removed when the woman returns to the sanctuary of the household (see purdah), out of the view of men that are not their husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, sons and grandsons."

That's saying, "Treat me as a property of yours."

If we don't allow people to become slaves even if they ask to be slaves, then why should we allow women to wear burqas? Just because they insist that they have the right to wear it or be a slave does not mean that it's ok. It isn't.

Women who wear burqas are promoting the oppression of women. It's that simple.

The Taliban said the women have to wear burqas and if they do not they will be stoned to death in their country. France feel if a woman wear a burqas
she support the Talibans. This is what I heard on the news.

The middle is what drives me nuts...I feel like giving whoever does that a wedgie! :lol:

Why does anyone want to show off their underpant? I think grown men look real dumb wearing their pants on the floor and their hats backward. What kind of statement are they trying to made any way?

Why does anyone want to show off their underpant? I think grown men look real dumb wearing their pants on the floor and their hats backward. What kind of statement are they trying to made any way?

Look at us......we are to stupid to operate a belt.....lol

Makes me want to "accidentally" step on his bottom pants cuffs and see his pants drop down completely to the ground.

"Ooopsie! Sorry!"

Look at us......we are to stupid to operate a belt.....lol

You said it not me! LOL I wonder if a guy ever had his pants off all the way wearing it like that. And it look hard to walk with your pants down around your knees.

It started going mainstream around the time I was in jr/high school I believe.
The trend is that it represented some of how death row was like, from prison.

In the early days it was associated with gangs and thugs.

It started going mainstream around the time I was in jr/high school I believe.
The trend is that it represented some of how death row was like, from prison.

In the early days it was associated with gangs and thugs.

Still is...... That is the reason for the "Grandma says pull em up" ads on buses and low income areas

Eh, I'm on the fence about this. I mean, I'm all for cultural relativism and stuff, but the full face/body burga is just ridiculous. Any way you look at it, from any cultural viewpoint, the garment and the idea it represents is demeaning to the woman and relegates her to a piece of private property, owned by men and male patriarchal society. Whether she accepts that personally, or a whole culture accepts that is beside the point.

There are plenty of aspects of many cultures that are just categorically wrong (like, for example, how segregation was deeply ingrained in American Southern culture prior to the 60s and accepted not only by whites, but also by many blacks as well). I don't know if it's right to create laws that place limits on one's right to express (or not express) themselves, but from a security standpoint, I can definitely see a justification for why full body/face burgas should be banned.

I guess I'll just shrug. This really has no bearing on American rights and values. We have already evolved (at least a little bit) past treating women as pieces of property, and all I have to say to the (small) faction of Muslim culture that still accepts this is "Welcome to 21st century France, and if you don't like it, leave."

so you believe in government regulating on how we dress? hmm we ought to enact Saggy Pants Law as federal law. It's destructive to youth and society.

Kidsare being told how to dress in public schools and some public have kids wear uniforms. I think that wrong , the state , cities and government has no business telling us how to dress , what to eat or not eat . We do not live in a communist country , at least not yet .

Kidsare being told how to dress in public schools and some public have kids wear uniforms. I think that wrong , the state , cities and government has no business telling us how to dress , what to eat or not eat . We do not live in a communist country , at least not yet .

Dress codes work great at the schools here. Very popular. Really levels the playing field for all the students. It also saves everyone alot of money and avoids distraction from studies.

Then France should ban this as well.

00140m.jpg

I was speaking of those who move from their country/culture to a westernized country/culture and some of them not adapting to the "rules" of their new country, some going as far as causing problems for law enforcement and in other areas of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back