France approves burqa ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
Good! France has the guts to stand up. USA should do the same!

France BURQA BAN: French Parliament Approves Ban On Face Veils

I want it banned. It's extremely insulting to deaf people who rely on facial expressions and they hide their identities.

I don't care about the religious freedom protection - the Koran never said anything about it therefore their argument is pointless - it merely said that BOTH men and women dress in modesty, never said in specific details about burqas. It's a security threat.

There are some women here in Austin wearing it and I find them extremely insulting.

You should NEVER tolerate that kind of practice.

It's clearly an infringement of human rights. People should not be making laws on how people should dress.

It is entirely up to the person on whether to wear it or not. If a spouse is forcing one to wear that and this, that's abuse. However, to dictate how one should dress is an abuse of human rights too.

It's not exactly a black and white topic to debate on.

I want it banned. It's extremely insulting to deaf people who rely on facial expressions and they hide their identities.

I don't care about the religious freedom protection - the Koran never said anything about it therefore their argument is pointless - it merely said that BOTH men and women dress in modesty, never said in specific details about burqas. It's a security threat.

There are some women here in Austin wearing it and I find them extremely insulting.

In bold, Good luck with federal court.

Well, I don't know...from a security point of view, I kinda doubt I'd be allowed to wear a ski mask or a Halloween mask(in July, lol) in public. What about the requirement of having your mug on your driver's license?

Well, I don't know...from a security point of view, I kinda doubt I'd be allowed to wear a ski mask or a Halloween mask(in July, lol) in public. What about the requirement of having your mug on your driver's license?

I think when it comes to pictures for IDs, nobody should cover their faces and I dont think in the other countries, it is allowed. As far as going out in public, I feel it is their right to wear the burga if it is acceptable in their culture or a cultural value. However, like someone said, if someone is being forced to wear it against their wishes, then it is abuse and it is wrong.

It's true and also>> difficulty for deaf people need read lip!! :shock:

I think when it comes to pictures for IDs, nobody should cover their faces and I dont think in the other countries, it is allowed. As far as going out in public, I feel it is their right to wear the burga if it is acceptable in their culture or a cultural value. However, like someone said, if someone is being forced to wear it against their wishes, then it is abuse and it is wrong.

Exactly my sentiments.

It's true and also>> difficulty for deaf people need read lip!! :shock:

Then those deaf people who are being forced to wear it should speak up but then again, maybe they believe in those cultural values.

I vaquely recall an incident here in the US or some other Western country where a woman, who had moved there, refused to remove her face covering for a required photo....never heard the end/result of that one.....

Ah.....so innocent cultural values that might lead a fire station to put up a Christmas tree = Bad

But..... Cultural values that could be a threat to National security by allowing one to fake the cultural value in order to hide their identity while committing nefarious acts= OK

Perhaps we could allow LEO's to verify the cultural authenticity of persons wearing the Burqa..........No wait......that would be racial profiling. :)

What seems to be the problem with burgas?

Wearing a burqa is NOT a right. It's like arguing that people have the right to be naked in public.

Burqa is NOT prescribed in the Koran. The Koran prescribed modesty, it didn't say cover the face. Note that only women wear them, not men and that shows sexism and oppression. Amish dress modestly. Muslims dress modestly with covered head scarves.

Besides it's bad for you, it blocks your body's production of vitamin D. Muslims who wear full clothing and burqas are at risk of vitamin D deficiency.

It's an assault to the concept of human rights because it always represents oppression. When you support values that reflect represent oppression, then you don't support human rights. You cannot have both ways. Remember, they don't respect human rights at all so if you grant them the right to wear it, you're paving a path for them to take away your rights.

Wikipedia explains the purpose: "It is worn over the usual daily clothing (often a long dress or a shalwar kameez) and removed when the woman returns to the sanctuary of the household (see purdah), out of the view of men that are not their husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, sons and grandsons."

That's saying, "Treat me as a property of yours."

If we don't allow people to become slaves even if they ask to be slaves, then why should we allow women to wear burqas? Just because they insist that they have the right to wear it or be a slave does not mean that it's ok. It isn't.

Women who wear burqas are promoting the oppression of women. It's that simple.

And you think that's ok? No. It's very demeaning to women.

_1859310_burqas.jpg

muslim_women_burqa_20061113.jpg

Burka.jpg

Iam using my pager so I can't access to some of the pics and links. I thought a burga was a culturan value accepted both by men and women but if I was wrong then I will accept my misconceptions.

Iam using my pager so I can't access to some of the pics and links. I thought a burga was a culturan value accepted both by men and women but if I was wrong then I will accept my misconceptions.

What's you're not seeing on your pager is women covered from head to toe with the exception of their hands being exposed. Even the eyes are covered with with tiny holes just big enough to see through to be able to watch where they are going.

Yiz

Perhaps we could allow LEO's to verify the cultural authenticity of persons wearing the Burqa..........No wait......that would be racial profiling. :)

no. not really.

And you think that's ok? No. It's very demeaning to women.

so you believe in government regulating on how we dress? hmm we ought to enact Saggy Pants Law as federal law. It's destructive to youth and society.

so you believe in government regulating on how we dress? hmm we ought to enact Saggy Pants Law as federal law. It's destructive to youth and society.

I'd vote for that. Who wants to see underwear sticking out? Especially a chance of seeing fart stains on it. :barf:

Yiz

I WISH!!!! I hate them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back