For JW (Jehovah's Witness) supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explaining about Westcott and Hort

Westcott and Hort were Cambridge University Scholars, not Jehovah's Witnesses. They spent 28 years working on that text. It was finished in 1881. They looked at very old manuscripts. They used the Sinaitic Manuscript and the Vatican Manuscript No. 1209, both of the fourth century C.E.

The New World Translation Committee used the Westcott and Hort translation as well as Nestle's Greek text of 1948.

Not only Jehovah's Witnesses but others also use Westcott and Hort for their translations. Notice this:

E. J. Goodspeed says in his Preface in “An American Translation” (1939): “I have closely followed the Greek text of Westcott and Hort, now generally accepted. Every scholar knows its great superiority to the late and faulty Greek texts from which the early English translations from Tyndale to the Authorized Version were made.” (Authorized version is referrring to the King James Bible)

Dr.*Philip Schaff called the Westcott-Hort text “the purest Greek text” and “the last and best edition of the Greek Testament”.With regard to the King James Bible, did you know? So many changes have been made, many of them in the readings of passages, that the Committee on Versions (1851-56) of the American Bible Society found 24,000 variations in six different editions of the King James Version!

And since the King James version was written new scrolls have been found that are very very old. The King James Version used scrolls from the 12th and15th century but scrolls have been found since then that are from the 4th century. Naturally the older scrolls would be more accurate.
The significant thing is this: The translators of the King James Version, the Bible most widely used in the English-speaking world, did not have access to these ancient manuscripts. Even the Alexandrian manuscript did not get into the hands of Bible translators until 1628, after the King James Bible of 1611 had been published. So the foundation for a Bible far more accurate and understandable than the Authorized Version has been laid since 1611.

That is why Jehovah's Witnesses decided to provide an accurate reliable translation. You should take a look at it and do some study about the reason they translated the way they did. It is very interesting and could open your eyes to some things.

Well, there are many varieties of scholars. Very highly favored tynsdale. But here is a problem, many scholars discovers some errors as John 1, as accurate translating is The Word was God, while JW uses The word was "a" god, which is inaccurate. And also as John 3:16 is very sticky issue how JW uses. Faith ha a broad meaning as much as the word believes. As I like CEV make things easier to understand, but as long as KJV was carefully translating from old scroll or manuscripts very carefully. There is so much argument in the issues. As of JW is more as another gospel instead the actual gospel. This is the reason similar as mormons what had happen in very early american history decieved many where many discovered its false. I read from JW what they believe and how they use those translation, but as for me, as I see, is very appalling. But, understand, I cannot, cannot change what you learned. I learned broad and even alldeaf.com, I learned something where many have different experiences and seeing all got mixed up thinking that how christian does and etc, bec I know what they are talking about, bec I ve seen that my own eyes, and very determined out of anger, blaming and etc causing their faith shaken. What I see is, lack of serious relationship with God in solitary moments and many doesn't have patience expect God answer NOW and been waiting 5 yrs, nothing happen and etc. The weakest part is no wait in silence and pondered. There is broad in this. So as westcort as new world translation, as I read, I don't have its a person I know is JW and discovered it is inaccurate and doesn't fit in what OT foretell. That I'm saying is just letting you know how I see.

I've been watching on Discovery Times channel earlier. I was watching most of the Ancient Evidence shows. It's very interesting to watch..I love to watch Ancient History. Here's the link for the today's show. I don't know what channel and times in your area. You may have to find out in your tv guide. :)

Discovery Times :: Daily TV Schedule :: JAN 20 2007

Westcott and Hort were Cambridge University Scholars, not Jehovah's Witnesses. They spent 28 years working on that text. It was finished in 1881. They looked at very old manuscripts. They used the Sinaitic Manuscript and the Vatican Manuscript No. 1209, both of the fourth century C.E.

The New World Translation Committee used the Westcott and Hort translation as well as Nestle's Greek text of 1948.

Not only Jehovah's Witnesses but others also use Westcott and Hort for their translations. Notice this:

E. J. Goodspeed says in his Preface in “An American Translation” (1939): “I have closely followed the Greek text of Westcott and Hort, now generally accepted. Every scholar knows its great superiority to the late and faulty Greek texts from which the early English translations from Tyndale to the Authorized Version were made.” (Authorized version is referrring to the King James Bible)

Dr.*Philip Schaff called the Westcott-Hort text “the purest Greek text” and “the last and best edition of the Greek Testament”.With regard to the King James Bible, did you know? So many changes have been made, many of them in the readings of passages, that the Committee on Versions (1851-56) of the American Bible Society found 24,000 variations in six different editions of the King James Version!

And since the King James version was written new scrolls have been found that are very very old. The King James Version used scrolls from the 12th and15th century but scrolls have been found since then that are from the 4th century. Naturally the older scrolls would be more accurate.
The significant thing is this: The translators of the King James Version, the Bible most widely used in the English-speaking world, did not have access to these ancient manuscripts. Even the Alexandrian manuscript did not get into the hands of Bible translators until 1628, after the King James Bible of 1611 had been published. So the foundation for a Bible far more accurate and understandable than the Authorized Version has been laid since 1611.

That is why Jehovah's Witnesses decided to provide an accurate reliable translation. You should take a look at it and do some study about the reason they translated the way they did. It is very interesting and could open your eyes to some things.

This is wrong doctrine. I not accepted them period. Yes, Truth JW's Bible is with NWT. Shame on them! because They not accepted KJV!! No difference!

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They aren't serve Jesus Christ the Saviour!

Well, there are many varieties of scholars. Very highly favored tynsdale. But here is a problem, many scholars discovers some errors as John 1, as accurate translating is The Word was God, while JW uses The word was "a" god, which is inaccurate. And also as John 3:16 is very sticky issue how JW uses. Faith ha a broad meaning as much as the word believes. As I like CEV make things easier to understand, but as long as KJV was carefully translating from old scroll or manuscripts very carefully. There is so much argument in the issues. As of JW is more as another gospel instead the actual gospel. This is the reason similar as mormons what had happen in very early american history decieved many where many discovered its false. I read from JW what they believe and how they use those translation, but as for me, as I see, is very appalling. But, understand, I cannot, cannot change what you learned. I learned broad and even alldeaf.com, I learned something where many have different experiences and seeing all got mixed up thinking that how christian does and etc, bec I know what they are talking about, bec I ve seen that my own eyes, and very determined out of anger, blaming and etc causing their faith shaken. What I see is, lack of serious relationship with God in solitary moments and many doesn't have patience expect God answer NOW and been waiting 5 yrs, nothing happen and etc. The weakest part is no wait in silence and pondered. There is broad in this. So as westcort as new world translation, as I read, I don't have its a person I know is JW and discovered it is inaccurate and doesn't fit in what OT foretell. That I'm saying is just letting you know how I see.
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :hug:

I've been watching on Discovery Times channel earlier. I was watching most of the Ancient Evidence shows. It's very interesting to watch..I love to watch Ancient History. Here's the link for the today's show. I don't know what channel and times in your area. You may have to find out in your tv guide. :)

Discovery Times :: Daily TV Schedule :: JAN 20 2007

What name of cable you have? It very interesting! I would love watch it!

Why shame on JW's Bible? What makes your Bible better than theirs? U dont have to accept them but u can respect their beliefs?

Yes, I former JW since I raised. I found out Jesus Christ the Saviour in 1990. I studies many yrs. Where I seen truth which is best Bible. If you study that for few yrs become you will understand better. Truth, I don't accepted JW because

link here

WATCH the TOWER Official Web Site of Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses push link They wanted Our baby to DIE!!!

Whoa, I crying they are grief that lost their baby! They was former JW become Jesus Christ the Saviour now. The baby is in the heaven now! They quit JW of their lost baby. JW is wrong DOCTRINE!!

Why shame on JW's Bible? What makes your Bible better than theirs? U dont have to accept them but u can respect their beliefs?

Read this link and you'll be amazed:I copied a couple of samples down below.

Jehovah's Witness Beliefs

QUOTE "Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are the only people on earth that are serving God and the only ones that will be saved. They dare not question the teachings of the Watchtower Society; one who questions the Watchtower Society is considered to be weak in faith and could be disfellowshipped."

"Members who are found to be unrepentant of violations of Watchtower rules by these elders, are disfellowshipped. Jehovah’s Witnesses can be disfellowshipped for a number of rule violations: premarital or extramarital sex, using alcohol excessively, using tobacco products, celebrating Christmas, reciting the pledge of allegiance, lying, stealing, joining the military, speaking to a disfellowshipped Witness, reading religious material not published by the governing body, or running for political office just to name a few."

Read this link and you'll be amazed:I copied a couple of samples down below.

Jehovah's Witness Beliefs

QUOTE "Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are the only people on earth that are serving God and the only ones that will be saved. They dare not question the teachings of the Watchtower Society; one who questions the Watchtower Society is considered to be weak in faith and could be disfellowshipped."

"Members who are found to be unrepentant of violations of Watchtower rules by these elders, are disfellowshipped. Jehovah’s Witnesses can be disfellowshipped for a number of rule violations: premarital or extramarital sex, using alcohol excessively, using tobacco products, celebrating Christmas, reciting the pledge of allegiance, lying, stealing, joining the military, speaking to a disfellowshipped Witness, reading religious material not published by the governing body, or running for political office just to name a few."

I am very proud of you! You seek truth. JW is false doctrine! I dance like your avartar cat dance! DANCE!

Since other thread is locked, so I post it here instead. I like this good joke :giggle:

One morning the doorbell rang. The weather was very bad. It was raining cats and dogs.

I opened the door and there stood a young girl - a Jehovah's Witness, soaking wet.

I felt sorry for her and asked her to come inside for a cup of coffee and to dry off a little.

As we sat and drank our coffee, I asked her what her 'happy message' was. I thought perhaps we might discuss some difference of belief, but she stuttered and said. . .

"Gee, I'm not sure, I never got this far."

lol, I have to admit that was a pretty funny joke! haha.

It's a good thing that I quit JW years ago. Because one their bible is different than KJV and two, they don't celebrate any holiday that means including birthdays.
Please explain why JW bible and the KJV are different.

Did you know how many religions in the world who have their own bibles?

There´re many author of different religions who wrote different bibles...

Christians
JW
Roman Catholic
Prostant
Baptist
Mormon
and go on....

They have their own bibles... that´s why I said bibles
Well, we have 2 kinds of Bible: The true Bible and the false Bibles.

Westcott and Hort were Cambridge University Scholars, not Jehovah's Witnesses.
That is correct. You did not answer my question: Were Westcott and Hort Christians?
They spent 28 years working on that text. It was finished in 1881. They looked at very old manuscripts. They used the Sinaitic Manuscript and the Vatican Manuscript No. 1209, both of the fourth century C.E.
That is correct. But why they struggled with 8 verses for 28 years. No solution!
That is correct! True!
E. J. Goodspeed says in his Preface in “An American Translation” (1939): “I have closely followed the Greek text of Westcott and Hort, now generally accepted. Every scholar knows its great superiority to the late and faulty Greek texts from which the early English translations from Tyndale to the Authorized Version were made.” (Authorized version is referrring to the King James Bible) Dr.*Philip Schaff called the Westcott-Hort text “the purest Greek text” and “the last and best edition of the Greek Testament”.
Interesting! Why are they interested in the Westcott and Hort text more than the Traditional text? This means that they are interested in 1% instead of 99%. The Bible teaches us that God’s Word must be certain – how much? 1% or 99%
With regard to the King James Bible, did you know? So many changes have been made, many of them in the readings of passages, that the Committee on Versions (1851-56) of the American Bible Society found 24,000 variations in six different editions of the King James Version!
24,000 variations? That is their guess. I read many sources saying 30,000 variations, 50,000 variations, 75,000 variations. Which one is right? I found the information saying just 136 variations from Genesis to Revelation in these editions of the KJV. 136 variations out of nearly 800,000 words in the KJV!!! Smallest!!!!
Most scholars said that the KJV was derived from manuscripts in between 12th and 15th century, but who are these scholars? Naturalistic scholars? In order to understand what naturalistic scholars mean, they opposed to Consistently Christian scholars. Consistently Christian scholars said that the KJV went back to 2nd Century.
The KJV was derived from the Traditional family of manuscripts gone back to 2nd century. These modern versions and JW NWT were derived from the Alexandrian family of manuscripts gone back to 4th Century. The KJV was derived from 5210 of 5255 manuscripts – 99%. Modern versions and JW NWT were derived from 45 of 5255 manuscripts – 1%.
No, JW NWT is not accurate translation as likewise as modern versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back