For JW (Jehovah's Witness) supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you see the link, mecooncat provided in her post?

I beleive you experienced God thru the bible, not yourself.

What you did is worship the bible because you want to know what the bible tell you about your life. To me, no I am willing to learn and collect experience in real life by my own instead let anyone tell me what to do.

Mecooncat, thank you for links...

That Bible APPLIES to everyone's life. It talks about YOU and everyone includin' me. God is talkin' about you, everyone includin' me. Know why ? Because, of the same problems that we had are the same since Adam and Eve. For instance : In ancient times, Jesus taught about not to steal, adultery durin' marriage, lyin', and all. It still applies to people the same as of today.
FYI, I don't worship the bible, but I do read them as listenin' to God. I worship God spiritually by followin' ( obeyin' ) Him. I know it is not easy, but it would be nice to attend church and fellowship with sisters and brothers in Christ, so they can GROW in Him spiritually.

Have you see the link, mecooncat provided in her post?

I beleive you experienced God thru the bible, not yourself.

What you did is worship the bible because you want to know what the bible tell you about your life. To me, no I am willing to learn and collect experience in real life by my own instead let anyone tell me what to do.

Mecooncat, thank you for links...

You're Welcome. Like I said, everyone is different with their own religions. :)

I find sad that some of you prove JW wrong because you think your bible is 100% correct.

How do you know that your bible is 100% correct and JW's bible is wrong?

I have many friends who have different beliefs and respect what they are.

Hi, Liebling,

I give you example here. If you study few yrs become you will better understand so much what I am through many yrs since I was younger.

Why the King James Bible is the Word of God - By Gary Miller

The Language of the King James Bible - By Gail Riplinger

# The recent discovery of the world's oldest New Testament fragment (Magdalen Papyrus A.D. 60) proves the KJV correct and the NIV, CEV, NRSV, NASB, and most new versions wrong.

How and why did you research the words for the King James Bible Companion?

Quick Comparison of Bible Versions​

It is often said that all Bible versions are basically the same, that their differences are just minor wording changes. Read the following comparison between the King James Version and the best-selling modern Bible translation, the New International Version, and then decide for yourself whether or not this is true. We have added bold text to assist the reader in recognizing changes.
KING JAMES
BIBLE

NEW INTERNATIONAL
VERSION
Why did Jesus come to earth?
Luke 9:56
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Matt. 18:11
For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Luke 9:56
and they went to another village.

Matt. 18:11
(missing)
Is repentance important?
Matt. 9:13
...I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matt. 9:13
...I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
For whom did Jesus die?
I Cor. 5:7
...Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: I Cor. 5:7
...Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
In Whom must you believe to be saved?
John 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47
I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.
Was Joseph really the father of Jesus?
Luke 2:33
And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him. Luke 2:33
The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about him.
Did Jesus give His disciples power to heal?
Mark 3:15
...power to heal sickness, and to cast out devils. Mark 3:15
...authority to drive out demons.
If it's hard to do, should we just remove it?
Mark 11:26
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses. Mark 11:26
(missing)
Who is in charge?
I Cor. 10:28
...for the earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof: I Cor. 10:28
(last part of verse missing)
How must we deal with our enemies?
Matt. 5:44
...Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. Matt. 5:44
...Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
Where did Jesus go?
John 16:16
A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father. John 16:16
In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.
Question: Aren't some of these things included in the NIV in the footnotes?
Answer: That is not the same as including them in the text. When a young Christian sees these passages have been moved to the footnotes, he or she will assume that they are probably not really part of God's Word. After all, the translators did not include them in the text, but simply implied that "some" manuscripts include them. What they are not told is that the vast majority of texts used by the early church included these words. They are God's Words!

Let's Weigh the Evidence - by Barry Burton Good one!! I have one explain you which best Bible.

example you here This is right Bible one!

King James Version (KJV) John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jehovah Witness's Bible is wrong doctrine here show you here,

New World Translation (NWT) John 3:16

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

Now, you see different Jehovah Witness (NWT) and (KJV). Watch out dangerous!

You're Welcome. Like I said, everyone is different with their own religions. :)

Jesus Christ isn't RELIGION and LEGALISM!!! Reason, that different own religion because devil dont want you see truth. devil wanted won their soul!!!!

That Bible APPLIES to everyone's life. It talks about YOU and everyone includin' me. God is talkin' about you, everyone includin' me. Know why ? Because, of the same problems that we had are the same since Adam and Eve. For instance : In ancient times, Jesus taught about not to steal, adultery durin' marriage, lyin', and all. It still applies to people the same as of today.
FYI, I don't worship the bible, but I do read them as listenin' to God. I worship God spiritually by followin' ( obeyin' ) Him. I know it is not easy, but it would be nice to attend church and fellowship with sisters and brothers in Christ, so they can GROW in Him spiritually.

True! It very important seek God's Word and Truth. God show you right and wrong His guide. Don't need worship the bible because it is idolatry!!!

Liebling:))),

Which you feeling comfortable read one? Which you think wrong or right this both Bible? see different KJV and NWT.

New World Translation (NWT) Jehovah's Witness's Bible

Genesis 1:1-3
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters. And God proceeded to say: "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.

KJV Bible

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Liebling:))),

Which you feeling comfortable read one? Which you think wrong or right this both Bible? see different KJV and NWT.

New World Translation (NWT) Jehovah's Witness's Bible

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters. And God proceeded to say: "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.

KJV Bible

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Well, I see nothing wrong or right but feel comfortable to read the bible story as history than study the scripture/verus.

It's a good thing that I quit JW years ago. Because one their bible is different than KJV and two, they don't celebrate any holiday that means including birthdays.

Jesus Christ isn't RELIGION and LEGALISM!!! Reason, that different own religion because devil dont want you see truth. devil wanted won their soul!!!!

I know what you mean, I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about other people's religion.

In answer to who was Westcott and Hort? They were two British Bible scholars, B. F. Westcott and F. J. A. Hort. Like Tischendorf and Tregelles, these men were firm believers in the divine inspiration of the Scriptures. This fact no doubt helped to account for both their zeal as well as their sound judgment.

Westcott and Hort worked on their Greek text for twenty-eight years, from 1853 to 1881. While working independently of each other, they continually compared notes. “They gathered up in themselves,” as A.*Souter puts it, “all that was most valuable in the work of their predecessors.” They took every conceivable factor and every pertinent probability into consideration.

Not only JW but other Bible translaters use their text. Goodspeed states in the preface of An American Translation (1923): “I have closely followed the Greek Text of Westcott and Hort, now generally accepted. Every scholar knows its superiority to the late and faulty texts from which the early English translations from Tyndale to the Authorized Version were made.” The text of Westcott and Hort also served as the foundation of the Greek Scripture portion of the American Standard Version (1901) and the Revised Standard Version (1946).
Are you saying that Westcott and Hort were Christians?

I find sad that some of you prove JW wrong because you think your bible is 100% correct.

How do you know that your bible is 100% correct and JW's bible is wrong?

I have many friends who have different beliefs and respect what they are.
Respect???? Well, Jesus or ANOTHER Jesus? Which will you follow? The Bible warned if anyone believe in ANOTHER Jesus then let him accursed. That is very simple.

Respect???? Well, Jesus or ANOTHER Jesus? Which will you follow? The Bible warned if anyone believe in ANOTHER Jesus then let him accursed. That is very simple.

I follow none of religions but respect their beliefs without tell them that they are wrong.

How do you know that your bible is right and other bibles are wrong?

Who is author of the BibleS?

Did you know how many religions in the world who have their own bibles?

There´re many author of different religions who wrote different bibles...

Christians
JW
Roman Catholic
Prostant
Baptist
Mormon
and go on....

They have their own bibles... that´s why I said bibles

It's a good thing that I quit JW years ago. Because one their bible is different than KJV and two, they don't celebrate any holiday that means including birthdays.

I didn't know that you quit JW! Praise Lord!! I quit JW too! I am very happy following with Jesus Christ only.

In answer to who was Westcott and Hort? They were two British Bible scholars, B. F. Westcott and F. J. A. Hort. Like Tischendorf and Tregelles, these men were firm believers in the divine inspiration of the Scriptures. This fact no doubt helped to account for both their zeal as well as their sound judgment.

Westcott and Hort worked on their Greek text for twenty-eight years, from 1853 to 1881. While working independently of each other, they continually compared notes. “They gathered up in themselves,” as A.*Souter puts it, “all that was most valuable in the work of their predecessors.” They took every conceivable factor and every pertinent probability into consideration.

Not only JW but other Bible translaters use their text. Goodspeed states in the preface of An American Translation (1923): “I have closely followed the Greek Text of Westcott and Hort, now generally accepted. Every scholar knows its superiority to the late and faulty texts from which the early English translations from Tyndale to the Authorized Version were made.” The text of Westcott and Hort also served as the foundation of the Greek Scripture portion of the American Standard Version (1901) and the Revised Standard Version (1946).

This is related JW!!! You not research enough since I studies last few yrs.. However, I quit JW! Westcott and Hort were destroyed KJV Bible!!! They was very EGOISM!! They not served Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back