food poisoning

Yup, this started with a hamburger... I went to school yesterday. *i was very happy we got out early for ice*

But you said you had it off and on for 3 weeks. Sounds more like certain foods triggering some sort of digestive problem rather than food poisoning. Food poisoning is time limited, and chances are you would not be the only one getting it. Anyone who ate the same food you ate would get it.

Oh really, I think it was from peanut butter but oh well.

My aunt made me go to school when had food poisoning from one last night and got fed up, after suspended and got all F on schoolwork.

I was told not to go to school... the only reason i went was an appointment with DSS.

But you said you had it off and on for 3 weeks. Sounds more like certain foods triggering some sort of digestive problem rather than food poisoning. Food poisoning is time limited, and chances are you would not be the only one getting it. Anyone who ate the same food you ate would get it.

It would fit... but... wrong direction... Other people did eat the same food... the other burgers were cooked better... the only reason i didnt realize was because all the food i eat where i was at that moment always tastes wierd...

It would fit... but... wrong direction... Other people did eat the same food... the other burgers were cooked better... the only reason i didnt realize was because all the food i eat where i was at that moment always tastes wierd...

But if it is food poisoning, and one burger wasn't cooked well, then chances are very great that there were others that weren't cooked to sufficient temp to destoy the bacteria. And food poisoning is more often caused by food that is stored improperly, which means it the whole batch, and not just a small portion used in one burger. And you still can't account for the time that it keeps recurring over a period of 3 weeks.

Not trying to argue with you, here. Just saying that food poisoning doesn't fit.

But if it is food poisoning, and one burger wasn't cooked well, then chances are very great that there were others that weren't cooked to sufficient temp to destoy the bacteria. And food poisoning is more often caused by food that is stored improperly, which means it the whole batch, and not just a small portion used in one burger. And you still can't account for the time that it keeps recurring over a period of 3 weeks.

Not trying to argue with you, here. Just saying that food poisoning doesn't fit.

Thanks, i know you werent arguing, I understand. thank you all.

It first started like 3 weeks ago, i have like one day of feeling fine, and then 3 or 4 where i cant even get up...
If it started weeks ago, then it probably is something else.

Food poisoning usually lasts up to a few days. It rarely lasts 2 weeks. If it does go as long as 2 weeks, it's because the body is still suffering a bit.

Perhaps, it's something you're eating more than once. What did you eat when it happened 3 weeks ago? What did you eat when it happened again? Perhaps, it's a restaurant you ate at or the food you ate from home? :dunno:

Had a really horrible food posioning on Thanksgiving Day visiting my mom's side of family... I felt okay until I got home got very sick. I felt worse and stayed in bed... tried to drink water but couldnt.because I had something stuck in my throat..then I curled up around my legs and hold myself tight for two days. My stomach, body and head were so sore... my fiance had to take care of me and put the heating pad on my back and it does helped alot... and he told me to try drink water to push in to my stomach so it flushes the virus out of my body. Thank God I felt so much better, Thanks to my fiance.

typeingtornado,

you might want to keep some protein drinks stored in your fridge at all times since they are good for keeping you hydrated and aren't considered "heavy" beverages to drink.

i'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. :( get better soon.

i had what doctors believe was a bad case of food poisoning or the flu in 1996 after being ill for 3 straight weeks with the usual symptoms of food poisoning (nausea, vomiting). i was in the hospital for 2 weeks so that i could be given fluids intraveneously. i had lost 15 pounds as a result. NOT fun. :(

i don't mean to scare you typeingtornado, but my doctor told me that if i had not seen him when i did (3 weeks after getting sick), i could have died. the next time this happens to you, see a doctor immediately.

typeingtornado,

you might want to keep some protein drinks stored in your fridge at all times since they are good for keeping you hydrated and aren't considered "heavy" beverages to drink.

i'm sorry to hear about your food poisoning. :( hope you feel better soon.

i had what doctors believe was a bad case of food poisoning or the flu in 1996 after being ill for several weeks with the usual symptoms of food poisoning. i was in the hospital for 2 weeks so that i could be given fluids intraveneously. i had lost 15 pounds as a result. NOT fun. :(

Thanks, much appreciated. i'm sorry that happened. that sucks, i would not mind loosing 15 lbs... but not this way...

yep. shit it out and stay hydrated. that's all you can do. my worst one lasted 3 days but jillio's had it worse. Food poisoning = :mad2:

mine lasted 5 weeks (3 weeks out of hospital; 2 weeks in hospital while receiving IV fluids), but my doctor didn't know for sure if it was an actual case of food poisoning or the flu.

can. fluids and most food, unless it is really acidic right now, but i am still oober nauseated.

stay away from acidic drinks because that will only exacerbate your symptoms. stick to drinking light fluids like gatorade or protein drinks. try to take some pepto bismol for your nausea. above all, go to bed and get some rest!

Thanks, i have been, pepto has been my "best friend" Ice cream is also amazing, it helps my nausea and pain, no idea why. But the more i move the more nauseated i get.

Back