Flood

Just on the news, Ames Iowa 30 miles north of Des Moines, is pretty much completely flooded and you can't get into the city.

yep, I made it to work in Ames this morning at 6 then we closed and it took me over 2 hours to get home only 13 miles away.

Here is some cool helicopter video from today around Ames

NEW VIDEO: Aerial Tour Of Ames Flooding - Video - KCCI Des Moines

We were relatively lucky where I live, about 6 inches of water in basement couldnt make it down the drain fast enough.

You guys need to send some of that rain southward to Arkansas. We are bone dry down here!
Hey! We are bone dry here too, but lately we have been getting a lot of rain this year, which is good news.

My family house has been flooded into once, 4 years ago - on NYE after a massive wild storm, the family room floor was damaged and destroyed my TV stand I built when I was in high school. (MDF wood went to rot)

yep, I made it to work in Ames this morning at 6 then we closed and it took me over 2 hours to get home only 13 miles away.

Here is some cool helicopter video from today around Ames

NEW VIDEO: Aerial Tour Of Ames Flooding - Video - KCCI Des Moines

We were relatively lucky where I live, about 6 inches of water in basement couldnt make it down the drain fast enough.

That's interesting video. Ames is really under water. I think I saw Hilton Colosseum?

I wonder if Hickory Park survived?

That's interesting video. Ames is really under water. I think I saw Hilton Colosseum?

I wonder if Hickory Park survived?

They said Hilton had 4 feet of water in it and the basketball floor was floating. Im not sure about Hickory Park but I think its okay. Target and Walmart have 3 feet of water in them, I imagine a lot of people will be out of work for a while.

:shock:wow I did go and look at the news links Bott and Elliots Dad posted - am so glad you guys ok but sad for those who were more affected.
Did you have many things or important keepsakes in the basement, ED?

I remember when I was in college in '93 seeing about those floods:(

:shock:wow I did go and look at the news links Bott and Elliots Dad posted - am so glad you guys ok but sad for those who were more affected.
Did you have many things or important keepsakes in the basement, ED?

I remember when I was in college in '93 seeing about those floods:(

Our stuff was fine because we had it off the floor already. With all the rains this year we would get seepage but it would just find the floor drain. This last one though the drain couldnt keep up.

I made a cleaned up clip of the newscast with audio here...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPMS3C17uc]YouTube - 8 at Six.avi[/ame]

Back