Flood

:wave: Rubie, if you're referring to me, :ty:
we personally are done with clean-up but I still see many many piles, including at a house across the street from a parkway near where my folks live, which had several trucks from businesses related to water damage/restoration services parked outside today. This house had several piles of stuff alongside curb and several of the same kind of large industrial fans we had in our basement, in their driveway, as the workers and property-owners went back and forth with tasks. A neighbor in our cul de sac has put out several new curb-piles each day or every couple days and today some folks in a pick-up truck came by and were picking through hoping to salvage something.

:wave: Rubie, if you're referring to me, :ty:
we personally are done with clean-up but I still see many many piles, including at a house across the street from a parkway near where my folks live, which had several trucks from businesses related to water damage/restoration services parked outside today. This house had several piles of stuff alongside curb and several of the same kind of large industrial fans we had in our basement, in their driveway, as the workers and property-owners went back and forth with tasks. A neighbor in our cul de sac has put out several new curb-piles each day or every couple days and today some folks in a pick-up truck came by and were picking through hoping to salvage something.

I was and Botts too! :ty:

I would think they would know if it was salvagable you would have saved it! :hmm: Oh well.... I am glad you are doing ok. What crazy times this year has been for so many it seems....

:yup, we're ok...
agree, wild year. wild times actually
I wonder about all the farmers in Iowa with the flooding-

More rain here and the rivers starting to creep out of the banks again, but I haven't seen the news on what is predicted for more flooding.

Last night we had seven inches of rain. Many roads were flooded and blocked by police cars.

We lost power and it was not restored until 4:30 am. More rain is forecast.

Last night we had seven inches of rain. Many roads were flooded and blocked by police cars.

We lost power and it was not restored until 4:30 am. More rain is forecast.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Stay dry. :hug:

We ourselves had massive rains yesterday and more is in the forecast. A few short power outages and PBIA had to delay a few flights.

Today our yard is still sitting in water. That's totally unusual. It usually soaks right in overnight. At least the house is dry and the roads are clear today. PBIA is going strong as I see the planes coming in like clockwork.

Botti- Stay safe and be careful.

Sorry about that.

Almost two years ago, my parents house basement got flood and it was around 5ft and their sump pump was not help enough. So they had to call city's truck with big water pump . I know a lot of friends have same problem with their flood.

We ourselves had massive rains yesterday and more is in the forecast. A few short power outages and PBIA had to delay a few flights.

Today our yard is still sitting in water. That's totally unusual. It usually soaks right in overnight. At least the house is dry and the roads are clear today. PBIA is going strong as I see the planes coming in like clockwork.

Botti- Stay safe and be careful.
I hope you stay dry, too. :hug:

I hope you stay dry, too. :hug:

Thanks!! The sun is intense today and I think we won't get much more today. The forecast has rain and thunderstorms continuously until next Sunday, but then again, this being Florida, we can have rain and 5 minutes later sunshine, or rain in the front yard but not the back. :giggle:

Last night 6 more inches rain. Several people were swept away by a tributary that overflowed the banks and they are looking for bodies today.

They think there is a possibility the rivers will flood so much it will be worse than the 1993 floods here.

That was the year we moved here.

Last night 6 more inches rain. Several people were swept away by a tributary that overflowed the banks and they are looking for bodies today.

They think there is a possibility the rivers will flood so much it will be worse than the 1993 floods here.

That was the year we moved here.
That's dangerous flooding. Take care.

Just on the news, Ames Iowa 30 miles north of Des Moines, is pretty much completely flooded and you can't get into the city.

You guys need to send some of that rain southward to Arkansas. We are bone dry down here!

Back