Flood

dogmom

Reaction score
FLOODING....again...water in basement, this time hubby says 4 inches. Happily dogs and everybody here ok. Luckily it's not a finished basement! Just had flood damage company come by and give estimate and another one coming probably tomorrow, at this point. Weather report says 7 inches in 2 hours
there is a sinkhole in the area now
:(

FLOODING....again...water in basement, this time hubby says 4 inches. Happily dogs and everybody here ok. Luckily it's not a finished basement! Just had flood damage company come by and give estimate and another one coming probably tomorrow, at this point. Weather report says 7 inches in 2 hours
there is a sinkhole in the area now
:(

Damn that sucks. What state are you in now? I've not been keeping up with the news like I should be so I don't know what's been going on for the last couple of days. But hey you are more than welcome to send that rain this way, we are bone dry here.:cool2:

:ty: Dixie
WI
Dixie please come here with some boats and get some of our water....:giggle:

Sorry about your basement. We are having flooding and severe storms here also. A house down the street from us had a giant tree in their front yard snap in half in one of the last storms. It ended up on top of the house and caved in quite a bit of the front of their roof.

Seems this summer has about as much to complain about as last winter. :(

Oh, I have to go fetch the water? That wasn't a part of my offer! :lol:

:wave: Botti, glad you're ok! have you had any trees come down?
one good way to describe the summer is: DELUGE :lol:
my folks have some water leaking in too and their basement is finished; my mom jut got a new washer.

Dixie:lol:

:wave: Botti, glad you're ok! have you had any trees come down?
one good way to describe the summer is: DELUGE :lol:
my folks have some water leaking in too and their basement is finished; my mom jut got a new washer.

Dixie:lol:

Just limbs of trees and nothing damaged yet. We do have a sump pump going for our basement garage.

We are having lots of rain, but so far no flooding. I think the day is brightening up a little, but it's been messy, Hubby just called and the weather really messed up the machines and one broke down. He went to work at 5:30 this morning and will not be off until around 7pm. We are under flash flood watches until 5pm and "tropical storm wind watches" until 2am Saturday morning.

:ty:misterchristopher

ohh, Kristina, I'll be thinking of you guys with the flash flood watches! I think we're still under a warning but haven't seen news recently. Just spoke to my mom though and in addition to the one sinkhole I knew of from last night, there is now another one closer to where my folks live. The bigger sinkhole from last night has a running SUV still in it and some telephone poles. I don't know if the airport is open or not.

:ty:misterchristopher

ohh, Kristina, I'll be thinking of you guys with the flash flood watches! I think we're still under a warning but haven't seen news recently. Just spoke to my mom though and in addition to the one sinkhole I knew of from last night, there is now another one closer to where my folks live. The bigger sinkhole from last night has a running SUV still in it and some telephone poles. I don't know if the airport is open or not.

I think I saw that on the news tonight, but I didn't actually realize where it was or what was happening.

I'm sorry to hear about your basement flooding. I hope the damages don't cost too much to repair.

Wow, I hope they get it covered and there isn't to much damage.... water is the worst!

We have had some storms, but not flooded yet! I guess a couple (tiny) tornados touched down this week.... not that we are in a normal area for them. Nothing like a couple years ago though. My friend watched lightning hit his neighbor, trees go down and then the cops let all their (5) cats out to check the house and chase them around the neighborhood to get them back in... wish I could have watched..... would have been fun!

I *think* I saw some rain clouds while I was out this afternoon. I hope we get some rain, we need it badly here, we are bone dry!

Sorry to hear this, dogmom; here's hoping for clearer skies soon.

Botti---basement garage? I guess I'm not recalling something like this....

Sorry to hear this, dogmom; here's hoping for clearer skies soon.

Botti---basement garage? I guess I'm not recalling something like this....

Tousi: I know you can look this up, but here are some images. In the MidWest, they are quite popular.

basement garage - Google Search
Tousi, the pictures in Kristina's link are very representative.

I think the theory behind it is saving space on narrow city lots.

well, am glad you have a sump pump, Botti -hope still no damages-

hubby got a utility pump yesterday, was last one. He actually went back for the bigger one but they were all out. He set it up and checked on it at 1am and 3am as it had started to rain again. The water heater people came by twice and have finished installing a new heater and the Floorbusters people have been here several times with fans and they started washing stuff down. They still have to come back. Hubby and I have spent all day dragging debris out to the curb, we have the hugest mound in the circle. We even found the previous owner's remains of canning<food>
Beowulf, I think hubby got this pump at Ace too.
They finally got the SUV out of the sinkhole:shock:

Back