First appointment

I went to see my audiologist today, this is the last appointment before my surgery. I got to pick out my colors. Base color is black with clip-ons in 4 different colors (hot pink, purple, green, and blue). I chose the Freedom, standard BTE...I did not want the mini's because if I ever get a iPod or a CD player or something like that I would like to be able to plug it in and practice listening and hopefully learn to enjoy music. (no, I know that enjoying music is not guaranteed, but I would like to try!) I have had to postpone my surgery because my boyfriend is having issues with kidney stones right now and so he is on medication for it...I do not want him driving at all if he is on that medication. Safety first! So, surgery pending Oct 11th...am waiting for the clinic to call me back to confirm it for sure. They have to make sure there is a opening for Oct 11th at the hospital. :)

Ohhh cool about Clip-ons in 4 different colors..awesome..I probably go for it too! :) I prefer teh standard too since I love to listen to some music. It relax me. So no gauarantee if it will work too.

I am sorry about your bf's kindey stone. Ick! That's no fun. At least his health come first.

I went to see my audiologist today, this is the last appointment before my surgery. I got to pick out my colors. Base color is black with clip-ons in 4 different colors (hot pink, purple, green, and blue). I chose the Freedom, standard BTE...I did not want the mini's because if I ever get a iPod or a CD player or something like that I would like to be able to plug it in and practice listening and hopefully learn to enjoy music. (no, I know that enjoying music is not guaranteed, but I would like to try!) I have had to postpone my surgery because my boyfriend is having issues with kidney stones right now and so he is on medication for it...I do not want him driving at all if he is on that medication. Safety first! So, surgery pending Oct 11th...am waiting for the clinic to call me back to confirm it for sure. They have to make sure there is a opening for Oct 11th at the hospital. :)

Ohhh cool about Clip-ons in 4 different colors..awesome..I probably go for it too! :) I prefer teh standard too since I love to listen to some music. It relax me. So no gauarantee if it will work too.

I am sorry about your bf's kindey stone. Ick! That's no fun. At least his health come first.

Actually they come in 8 different colors, 4 of them are the non-glossy kind and 4 are the glossy kind...I got the glossy kind, and my audiologist said that I end up with 4 colors either way...I chose glossy and it comes with 4 colors automatically. I was like, "sweet!"

Yep, I'm a kid at heart sometimes! I just do not care for beige...BORING for me. Some people like beige, and that's fine, but I like to be colorful. :cool:

Yeah, it's his first kidney stone! :(

Yeah I love to have colorful too! It is more fun and cheerful!!!
:giggle: :giggle:

I didn't know there's 8 different colors. How awesome...I'll find myself out when I find grant first...Ugh!

Poor your bf! I hope he feel better soon!!

Actually they come in 8 different colors, 4 of them are the non-glossy kind and 4 are the glossy kind...I got the glossy kind, and my audiologist said that I end up with 4 colors either way...I chose glossy and it comes with 4 colors automatically. I was like, "sweet!"

Yep, I'm a kid at heart sometimes! I just do not care for beige...BORING for me. Some people like beige, and that's fine, but I like to be colorful. :cool:

Yeah, it's his first kidney stone!

Yeah I love to have colorful too! It is more fun and cheerful!!!
:giggle: :giggle:

I didn't know there's 8 different colors. How awesome...I'll find myself out when I find grant first...Ugh!

Poor your bf! I hope he feel better soon!!

Good luck on getting a grant!!! I really hope you do get it!

And thanks! Hopefully he will pass it very soon. *sighs*

Cool, Lucia, despite the little bump in the road. I guess it's called LIFE. So, first things first....best wishes for your BF's recovery so he can be there for your own exciting journey.

Sweet about the colors!

Aw, you gotta postpone the surgery -- of course your bf's health comes first (I've heard passing a kidney stone is worse than giving birth) -- hope he passes the stones quick and get better soon!

Sweet about the colors!

Aw, you gotta postpone the surgery -- of course your bf's health comes first (I've heard passing a kidney stone is worse than giving birth) -- hope he passes the stones quick and get better soon!

Yeah, he ended up in the ER the other night, it was that bad. I guess they had to give him morphine and all that. But he has yet to pass the stone, though. He's on Vicodin and some other medicine to help him pass the stones. He's doing ok at the moment.

Ahh too late for me to convince you to get AB :P just kidding nevertheless, I am sure you made a good decision. :)

...I got to pick out my colors. Base color is black with clip-ons in 4 different colors (hot pink, purple, green, and blue)....

Since when did they offer clip-ons? I sure don't recall that option back in '05.

Safety first! So, surgery pending Oct 11th...am waiting for the clinic to call me back to confirm it for sure. They have to make sure there is a opening for Oct 11th at the hospital. :)

Sorry to hear about your delay and you are right. Your BF needs to be taken care of first. I knew of several who had that problem...no fun whatsoever. No matter what, before you know it you will be one of us. As I said before "Come to the dark side..." :laugh2:

Since when did they offer clip-ons? I sure don't recall that option back in '05.

Sorry to hear about your delay and you are right. Your BF needs to be taken care of first. I knew of several who had that problem...no fun whatsoever. No matter what, before you know it you will be one of us. As I said before "Come to the dark side..." :laugh2:
Probably when the updated Freedom and Mini Freedom came out, they offered that now check Cochlear's website hmm maybe you might want to replace your current Freedom with newer one to reap those benefits of having clip on *whistle* just kidding.. Next Generation of Nucleus Freedom

I stopped using clip on colors for my Auria BTE but still use the headpiece cap because without it, it is just plain gray.

Heehee!

Probably when the updated Freedom and Mini Freedom came out, they offered that now check Cochlear's website hmm maybe you might want to replace your current Freedom with newer one to reap those benefits of having clip on *whistle* just kidding.. Next Generation of Nucleus Freedom

I stopped using clip on colors for my Auria BTE but still use the headpiece cap because without it, it is just plain gray.

Thanks. I'm not complaining. I have a blue one and a silver one. That is much better than plain ole beige anytime!!! When I upgrade in the future, they will have even better color choices then (I can't wait...let me see glow-in-the-dark orange).

Thanks. I'm not complaining. I have a blue one and a silver one. That is much better than plain ole beige anytime!!! When I upgrade in the future, they will have even better color choices then (I can't wait...let me see glow-in-the-dark orange).

I'd love glow-in-the-dark hot pink! That would be SO awesome....

*imagines what it'd be like at a raver party...*

I'd love glow-in-the-dark hot pink! That would be SO awesome....

*imagines what it'd be like at a raver party...*
You could if you use one of those less often used color scheme and spray paint them with flourscent color :D as well as glow in dark scheme.

Back