Fast Food Resturant Drive-Thru

I'm curious when u enter the restruant.. did u see the list of disabilitys and what they provide.. like the one i went in arbys.. they say Blindness- we have brille prints and will assistance to lead u to seat and bring u food
hearing impaired (which piss me off due to the word.. i prefer DHH)- we will offer pen and paper or a picture menu.
and the few other list so on...

I don't have plm w/drive thru... when i get off work then on way to any resturant to order.. i drive thru and told this person i m deaf and this person said ok no plm and read paper what i want for order then leavin on way to home but sometime i do go enter in resturant or drive thur either

I hope someday you can order fast food by the internet. Just place your order print out your order sheet and leave your house drive up your local mc donalds or burger king drive though slide or give the person your order sheet pay it should be all ready for you less than a minute.

ravensteve1961 said:
Well every damn bathroom i walk into has the sign.
mens.gif

Wheres a deaf door sign? :dunno:

Would that be the restroom for pple to use when they have to let out a big ummm 'fart'???
Imagine the line up for that room, no worries of anyone hearing you. LOL

Do you currently use or previously used Wendy's drive thru?

I am an attorney with a firm which is representing a man in Westborough, Massachusetts who is suing Wendy's because their drive thru windwos are not accessible to the deaf/hard of hearing/speech impaired customers. We think what happened to our client may have happened to others in the deaf/harod of hearing/speech impaired comunity around the country, so we are trying to make this lawsuit into a class action. We are looking for witnesses to Wendy's service of the deaf/hard of hearing/speech impaired at their drive thru windows. If you have had difficulties obtaining service at a Wendy's drive thru window because of your hearing/speech impairment, please contact Rebecca Pontikes at Pyle, Rome, Lichten, Ehrenberg & Liss-Riordan at rpontikes@prle.com. I am also happy to take relay calls: 617-367-7200.

I have no problem using drive thru with paper and pen MANY MANY times! It was nice seeing them messing up the orders in the order it was process. They should have done better way in serving them.

But, Speaker box does discrimination our rights of using the drive thru, I would like to see the speaker box remove, and have a menu board posted up with some punching keyboard to place our own order that way it would be fair for everyone or, Remove the speaker box all together and go up the windows and place order. ;)

diehardbiker65 said:
I have no problem using drive thru with paper and pen MANY MANY times! It was nice seeing them messing up the orders in the order it was process. They should have done better way in serving them.

It's happened to me before. It was nice to get $45 bucks worth of food for only $8.

Richard

Do you use the fast food resturant drive-thru...Do You think we have the rights to use them just like everyone else?

Yes! My mom works at the drive thru tim hortens so I normally just drive up right to the window and I sign to her what I want XD I have it easy but for other drive thrus I just drive up right to the window and say what I want and tell them to write back. xD My community knows me well so they have no problem with.

Rebecca Pontike said:
I am an attorney with a firm which is representing a man in Westborough, Massachusetts who is suing Wendy's because their drive thru windwos are not accessible to the deaf/hard of hearing/speech impaired customers. We think what happened to our client may have happened to others in the deaf/harod of hearing/speech impaired comunity around the country, so we are trying to make this lawsuit into a class action. We are looking for witnesses to Wendy's service of the deaf/hard of hearing/speech impaired at their drive thru windows. If you have had difficulties obtaining service at a Wendy's drive thru window because of your hearing/speech impairment, please contact Rebecca Pontikes at Pyle, Rome, Lichten, Ehrenberg & Liss-Riordan at rpontikes@prle.com. I am also happy to take relay calls: 617-367-7200.

If you really feel you have a good case, then why not apply the class action suit to all of the fast food franchises?

Rebecca Pontike said:
Hmm... are you just looking for money? You've only made one post.

Anyway, that explanation of that lawsuit sounds very vague. You didn't specifically say what was wrong with the drive-thru. It was probably that Wendys location or something. I'm hearing-impaired and I have never had any problems with ANY of the Wendys locations. I've been to Wendys in almost every state from Texas to New York (Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Virgina, etc.). That's why I have a feeling that this is a one-location thing that happened once or the person filing the lawsuit is being too picky.

Tousi said:
If you really feel you have a good case, then why not apply the class action suit to all of the fast food franchises?
This isn't going to work. Look at McDonalds. One guy tried to sue them. He lost. A couple of kids tried to sue them. They lost. The court then said that fast food places couldn't be sued for that reason any more.

You = ignorant

PyrollisAhFiros said:
LOL some funny stories you got there people.

As for me, yeah I write everything down in advance and then pull up to the window and show them the paper, after I told them that I'm deaf. They would adjust to me being deaf by taking the order on paper and punch it in the computer. I would be told to pull into the parking lot as they will cook my food then bring it out to me when its ready. So far no problems except for one story below and the occassional order screw ups.

My roommate and I were in Rochester, NY and it was after dark. All of the restaurants has closed their dining areas and the drive thru is the only thing that's open for another hour so we decided to go to Burger King to get some food. We don't want to mix up our money because we were tight at that time so we wanted to give the teller separate orders. It was like 15 mins till closing or so and the teller took one of our orders, punched it in and told me the amount. I handed her the money and she gave me my change back and proceeds to walk away. I honked the horn and she came back. I tried to tell her, "We are not done" and gave her my roommate's order. She got furious and wrote on paper, "The next time you come here, PLEASE give your orders all together on ONE paper!" and closed the window, punched the order, took his money and gave change back and walked away in a frustrated state. We looked at each other and laughed because that woman need to understand patience and sorry if we had to do this method, it's how we want it and the teller has to know this; the customer is always right. NEVER fight back or do things hastily, just do everything with patience.

A little off the point here, but does your order ever get screwed up? My fiancee and I would get our orders screwed up, i.e., we don't want ketchup and tomatoes on our hamburgers and when we get them, we would find either tomatoes, ketchup or both on our hamburgers and we would go back to the drive-thru or walk into the dining room and object about our food. It's so frustrating because when hired, the fast food restaurant assume you have all of the skills they want, including READING... Like reading the order on the small computer up above... If they took our order and screw it up, then why the fck are they working at McDonalds for? Go back to school and take some reading classes and when you have passed it with high marks, come back and work for McDonalds...

I have tried to develop a certain format that's easy for the cashier to understand. It would be something like this:

2 Dbl (Double) Cheeseburgers
- (minus sign) No ketchup
- No Tomatoes
+ (add sign) Add Mayo
+ Add Bacon

2 Diet Cokes
2 Lg Fries

Something like that and it would work most of the time. What fails me to understand them is how hard is it to read something like that? They've managed to screw it up somehow and it would sometimes be the cashier's fault or the line cook's, who's preparing our food, fault.

Here is something why you need to be shot.
#1 did you notice that burger king drive thru workers have to follow a time limit ? If you did not know that, then seriously get that through your head, they have to push your orders out by 2:30 or else they do not get speed of service. Secondly, when they do not get speed of service, their managers would get upset. So what if your disable because your deaf. It ain't got anything to do with pissing people off.
#2 Beeping the horn in the drive through is extremely retarded and ignorant because the speakers that are outside of the building also routes through to the kitchen which is extremely loud when you beep the horn.
#3 Fast through resturants were never ever incorporated with the system for disabled people, so why the hell are you bitching about it when they screw your orders up ? Come back here with a legit picture of a burger king resturant having signs up saying we now serve you disable citizens, other then that, don't say anything.
#4 To increase your ability to order stuff, double cheeseburgers in burger king never ever have tomatoes. Unless your at a franchised burger king then forget I even said this but if they are corporation, know what is in it.
#5 Customers are not always right, they are sometimes right. Half they time they can't even count. Half the time they are so fucking ignorant is why half the employees in my resturant all came out of work release, because some of those customers are way too fucking dumb on ordering food.
#6 Know that store managers ain't poor either, I have seen a couple drive pickup trucks. Even though I am only a regular employee at normal hours crew, I drive a 480 horse power Pick up truck, the next time you laugh at some worker in any fast food resturant because you people are so god damn ignorant, think of this, pickup trucks at 60 miles per hour head crash into your car and rides it like a ramp and still would come back down intact while you guys in side that seden would be turn into whopper meat.

Cheri said:
But, Speaker box does discrimination our rights of using the drive thru, I would like to see the speaker box remove, and have a menu board posted up with some punching keyboard to place our own order that way it would be fair for everyone or, Remove the speaker box all together and go up the windows and place order. ;)

And if they did do that, what would happen if some moron drives up and tries to rip out the keyboard? You got to think about their security too, don't you think ?

It ain't always about what people want.

vkfreelancer said:
And if they did do that, what would happen if some moron drives up and tries to rip out the keyboard? You got to think about their security too, don't you think ?

It ain't always about what people want.

I don't think you understand about rights? What about our rights to allowing to use the drive thru? If there is a speaking box for voice only, How can we hear them speaking? I guess it doesn't matter to you, But, it matters to me, It's all about equal rights for everyone not just for hearing people only. Thank-you! ;)

Honey, just leave that speaker out and add keyboard or touchpad something that it can not be easily vandalized. KFC once done that in Washington D.C. and it didn't come out successfully because too many deafies decided to walk and use it instead of going inside. So KFC gave it up because it was safety issue. Drive though isn't intended for walk though!

As for me, I used paper and pen. Works 99% of the time.

Cheri said:

diehardbiker65 said:
Honey, just leave that speaker out and add keyboard or touchpad something that it can not be easily vandalized. KFC once done that in Washington D.C. and it didn't come out successfully because too many deafies decided to walk and use it instead of going inside. So KFC gave it up because it was safety issue. Drive though isn't intended for walk though!

As for me, I used paper and pen. Works 99% of the time.

Hun, They did that with McDonald's drive thru, They remove the speaker box and took order at the second window, and first window pick up order and that successful, no mistaken on orders no screw ups. Nor they can posted sign at the drive-thru that hearing impaired can pull up to the window, So that all their employees are trained to take care of deaf customers when they see them pulling up the windows, Some places near my hometown have done it already because I fought with them. ;)

Diehardbiker,

So you're saying for those who can not hear the speak box has to go inside and place their order?....

Back