Fast Food Resturant Drive-Thru

YUP i do use Drive Thru all the time. Too bad for speaker and a car behind me LOL! til i pull up the window, told i'm deaf and ask for paper/pen.. it always WORKS! Hehehe. If i'm with my boyfriend, he would speak. Hes hoh, could able hear and talk.

Wish drive-thur have buttons on the screen what we want to order it lol cause deaf ppl cant hear what the speaker said :lol:

SherryCherish said:
YUP i do use Drive Thru all the time. Too bad for speaker and a car behind me LOL! til i pull up the window, told i'm deaf and ask for paper/pen.. it always WORKS! Hehehe. If i'm with my boyfriend, he would speak. Hes hoh, could able hear and talk.

:giggle: me too, I pull up to the first window and told them I'm deaf can't hear the speaker box and I placed my order at the window, and I could see some cars behind me wasn't pleased, but it didn't stop me....

Gosh I love being deaf.... :mrgreen:

DeafMonkey said:
Wish drive-thur have buttons on the screen what we want to order it lol cause deaf ppl cant hear what the speaker said :lol:
Yea that would be cool. I hope it will not be too long before they will think of something like this for people who cannot use the speaker box to order food.

I mean just walk! , not driving... This is really stupid for somebody to use their foot to use the drive thru!

^Angel^ said:
Diehardbiker,

So you're saying for those who can not hear the speak box has to go inside and place their order?....

LOL Angel yeah i do enjoy to be deaf but some ways not.

when kids go bed, we couldn't hear if they re play or not urghh! LOL Or something happen for safety, like if kids go outside w/o us knowing. One thing hope not advantage of deafness. hehe. Sorry its off-topic

I always write down the order and give it to her/him. So I had no problem. Some do know signs so I had no plm either. :)

One time I went to McDonalds few years ago, the lady refused take my order and told me to go inside because I am 2 orders behind....I was like WTF! I sped off and called McDonald's headquarter and explained what happened.

Other than that I had no problem write it down. I always have paper and pen with me in my backpack purse. :)

Mama2AFTIV said:
I always write down the order and give it to her/him. So I had no problem. Some do know signs so I had no plm either. :)

One time I went to McDonalds few years ago, the lady refused take my order and told me to go inside because I am 2 orders behind....I was like WTF! I sped off and called McDonald's headquarter and explained what happened.

Other than that I had no problem write it down. I always have paper and pen with me in my backpack purse. :)

Yeah I always have paper and pen with me in my purse. If I don't have any paper or pen, I will just go inside and asks for paper/pen. I remember one time a lady didn't know what I want, I just showed my expression that I want a paper and pen, she asked other person what I said then the other person just grabbed paper and pen for me :dizzy:

Mama2AFTIV said:

I refused to leave the drive thru, It happened to me before, They told me to order inside, I said, What's wrong with ordering from the drive thru? The cashier goes, We are very busy, I said "so what, I'm customer just like the rest of them, I'm not leaving until you take my order." She had no choice and took my order. ;)

I hope someone copies this whole thread and sends it to McDonalds and all the other fast food places. Its one of those "duh" things - if you are hearing, you don't even think about how hard this could be for a deaf person. Like people who can walk don't even think about how a dumb little lip on a curb could keep a person in a wheelchair from crossing the whole street.

As far as I am concerned you have the right to go anywhere and do anything you want to, and if I am ever one of those jerks behind you in line at the drive through, please feel free to come over to my car and tell me to stop being such an idiot.

ravensteve1961 said:
Well every damn bathroom i walk into has the sign.
mens.gif

Wheres a deaf door sign? :dunno:
Since when do you need to be hearing to open a door? :dunno:

Seriously, though, I hate drive-throughs. It's probably my autism. The speaker-things are too loud (they're so loud I can't understand them), and besides, if I go to Taco Bell in Waukesha, my fiancee and I can order in ASL if we go inside because there is a Deaf employee. Yeah, they really have a Deaf employee, so anybody who's Deaf can order without trouble. They also have people who can take orders in English or Spanish, too, so I can order in any language I know. We never go through drive-through because she can't hear the speaker-thing at all, I can't understand them, and they usually get my order wrong if I use them.

With banks, can't you send a note saying you're deaf through the sucking-thingy? I don't need to (I'm a go-inside person everywhere unless the inside is closed--but then I have to interpret for my fiancee if I have to use a drive-through), but I know most tellers I've seen will read it and send notes back and forth if the first one says you're deaf.

BCCDeafInfo said:
I hope someone copies this whole thread and sends it to McDonalds and all the other fast food places. Its one of those "duh" things - if you are hearing, you don't even think about how hard this could be for a deaf person. Like people who can walk don't even think about how a dumb little lip on a curb could keep a person in a wheelchair from crossing the whole street.
Not always true about the hearing people part. But then again, I have been raised in an unusually considerate family. I know most of us (hearies) don't understand the difficulties of this. However, I've always thought of things like this. I liked thinking about life as a deaf person, blind person, deaf-blind, with mobility problems, etc. It could be my analytical mind, too.... you never know. I think about a lot of things most people don't even think about.

BCCDeafInfo said:
As far as I am concerned you have the right to go anywhere and do anything you want to,
Totally agreed. Restaurants and other things accessible to hearing people should also be accessible to deaf people.

BCCDeafInfo said:
and if I am ever one of those jerks behind you in line at the drive through, please feel free to come over to my car and tell me to stop being such an idiot.
I would never do that!

Taco Bell goofed up big time last night! And It smells good as a bag of 4,000 bucks!

Richard

Know what my son was working at McDonald. He was laughed off his ass on the floor.

Deaf Man said on the speaker

large fuck = large FF

Medium cum = med coke

two cheese bogger = two cheesburgers

one small hairy pussy put alot of period = one small burgers with Kateup

My son stared at Deaf man. He wrote a note, "I want to verify with your order". The man stunned because my son can sign language. You said, those orders. He got all embarrass. Other hearing people laughed so hard when they heard the speakers. :-o

Kalista said:
Know what my son was working at McDonald. He was laughed off his ass on the floor.

Deaf Man said on the speaker

large fuck = large FF

Medium cum = med coke

two cheese bogger = two cheesburgers

one small hairy pussy put alot of period = one small burgers with Kateup

My son stared at Deaf man. He wrote a note, "I want to verify with your order". The man stunned because my son can sign language. You said, those orders. He got all embarrass. Other hearing people laughed so hard when they heard the speakers. :-o

:rofl: that funny!!! lol :lol:

Once, I went in Drive-Thru at Burger King, it got long line, I dont care because I have a right same like another people do stop by Drive-Thru. I finally stopped by the window and showed my paper to that man and he said NO, wont take my order because too long line and I was like, Im deaf! And he said no no no, wont take my order then I decided to stay, wont MOVE at all. That man is manager of that Burger King. I dont care until his boss finally show up and I said Im deaf to that man then he yelled at that man horrible until said YOU ARE FIRED! and that manger gulped and that boss man gave me FREE food, everything... I was like whoa, thanks then leaving...

I got the guts to being that way to any resturant if they dont respect me for being deaf ;)

The drive thru and home issue

Seriously, this guy is right :fly2: I am his (gnulinuxman's fiance) :kiss: People are totally nasty about the fact that I am deaf. but anyhow drive thrus are hell to deal with especially if you forget pen and paper and they dont have pen or paper either.

Great post my gnulinuxman(fiance) :giggle: :hug: :angel:

gnulinuxman said:
Since when do you need to be hearing to open a door? :dunno:

Seriously, though, I hate drive-throughs. It's probably my autism. The speaker-things are too loud (they're so loud I can't understand them), and besides, if I go to Taco Bell in Waukesha, my fiancee and I can order in ASL if we go inside because there is a Deaf employee. Yeah, they really have a Deaf employee, so anybody who's Deaf can order without trouble. They also have people who can take orders in English or Spanish, too, so I can order in any language I know. We never go through drive-through because she can't hear the speaker-thing at all, I can't understand them, and they usually get my order wrong if I use them.

With banks, can't you send a note saying you're deaf through the sucking-thingy? I don't need to (I'm a go-inside person everywhere unless the inside is closed--but then I have to interpret for my fiancee if I have to use a drive-through), but I know most tellers I've seen will read it and send notes back and forth if the first one says you're deaf.

Last edited:
Sweetheart said:
Once, I went in Drive-Thru at Burger King, it got long line, I dont care because I have a right same like another people do stop by Drive-Thru. I finally stopped by the window and showed my paper to that man and he said NO, wont take my order because too long line and I was like, Im deaf! And he said no no no, wont take my order then I decided to stay, wont MOVE at all. That man is manager of that Burger King. I dont care until his boss finally show up and I said Im deaf to that man then he yelled at that man horrible until said YOU ARE FIRED! and that manger gulped and that boss man gave me FREE food, everything... I was like whoa, thanks then leaving...

I got the guts to being that way to any resturant if they dont respect me for being deaf ;)

LOL You go girl!! :naughty:

Back