Fast Food Resturant Drive-Thru

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you use the fast food resturant drive-thru...Do You think we have the rights to use them just like everyone else?

lol yeah it was not hard... i did twice... but each time, I did have a friend who was able to speak clearly... somehow. It was hilarious because my deaf friend and I were HUNGRY at like 11pm and the fast food joint wasn't open for walk-in but their drive-thru was open so we were like, "foo it, do it. if they couldn't understand us, THEIR PROBLEM" so we drove thru and my friend was yelling, "WE JUST WANT FRIES, AND TWO DR PEPPER DRINKS!" and then drove up to the window and they just handed us the drinks and fries and we paid and we signed "thank yoU!" and sped off. lol

the second time was at Wendys and I had my friend who was in process of getting CI so she has a better ability to speak but she cannot understand the uhh speaker thingy, you know so she kept repeating herself like five times, "We want two cheesburgers, three drinks, and a vanilla frostie" until she tried to figure out if they do understand her so then we drove up to the window and they asked us to repeat our orders again lol.

But i have heard a story from my hearing friend who was working at Carl Jrs and she asked me if I know any deaf brunette girl (this hearing girl doesn't know any ASL but she enjoys talking to me via the interperater- she was comfortable with the interp) because one time at her work, a deaf girl did use the drive-thru and that girl tried to speak but nobody at the work couldn't understand her so they tried to gesture her to drive up to the window so my hearing girl can try to understand the deaf girl's "accent" but the deaf girl got upset at her for trying to help her and sped off. my hearing friend was like, "WTF? I was just trying to understand what you just said!" she also said that the deaf girl did gesture something to her but she wasn't sure if it was cussing or whatnot. :-X

so deafies- if the hearing workers were trying to understand you, HAVE PATIENCE!!!! They are trying to do their work and get your money so they won't screw you~

I would like to use drive-thru sometimes but... if you think about it, it is MUCH easy to walk-in because... or maybe it is only my city but the point is- the drive-thru is not FAST because there are always LONG lines in the drive-thru lane!! foo it, just park it and walk in and order it then speed away.

Last edited:
:lol: Funny.. I did the same thing.. I yelled out my order wasnt sure if they heard me or not I like it better when u placed ur order and they have a screen that shows that the order is correct.. I like that better so I know they heard me.. loud and clear...I think its easlier too.. expectly when u in a hurry or the inside the resturant is closed....:smile:

I use them a lot in Rochester. Almost all the drive-thrus have a screen that displays your orders. With that, I can tell what they understood. Helps me a lot too.

Hmmm...drivethru's...such a lesiurely convience for most ppls...for myself, as I wear a bte...I do recall feeling a bit embarrassed when I started bleeping out the order after I had assumed that they were listening to the order...when IT was only an advertisement being relayed...like opps!! and who's watching me?

As for those screens...it sure does help...how about a screen or gadget where it takes a paper of your order for those who can't hear or speak...as technology is today, am sure something could be benefical for those who could use some sort of device or improvement in order to use a drive-thru.

I use drive thru all the time, but I never yell orders. I just write it on a piece of paper and give it to the first window. I have never had any problems wiht that, except for one time, when an ignorant 16 year old girl was manning the first window.

Ahh hell....well, I have been at drive-thus..but only my brother would place the orders (he hearing as well)....and I doubt my squeaky high voice would do teh job of barking out some orders..blah..lol :roll: :rofl:

Ahhhh...speaking of Drive Thru.....

Sometimes I Would have a problem using the drive-thru because I am unable to hear the speaker box but I do talk like a hearing person....A Few times, I would wait a few moments at the speaker box and then I would place my order ..Sometimes , They will get it ...Sometimes , They weren't even ready or didn't hear me loud enough.....

Sometimes, I would have problems at the window if they didn't get my order at the speaker box.....

So I would say its depending on the person who is taking your order Some would be very helpful ....Some would be like......they're having a real bad day! :dunno:

We could use hoh RoadRunner to run back and forth to drive thru cars and take orders from :deaf: ! As RoadRunners are quick...smile!!

I can't hear at all, but do use drive thru. What I do is when I get to the menu sign, I write down what I want to order, then drive up to the window. Then I tell the cashier that I am deaf and give the paper to him/her. If there were others behind me that already ordered before me, sometimes the cashier would ask me to wait in parking lot so that they can start cooking my order while giving other people's orders that were already waiting. That is fine with me. I think it would be great if there are buttons to push at the menu sign, or something like that to order food. It would have saved the fast food restaurant time, as well as the deaf customers too.

I've made a few mistakes in my times. Once, the speaker said, "Please hold for one moment." I didn't understand what he said so I started giving out my order. At the end after I said, "And... that's it." The speaker said, "Thanks for holding, may I take your order?" Boy, was I embarassed. Luckily, there was no one ahead of me or behind me! Hehehe!

:lol:...VamPyroX!... That was so funni!! hehehe....

VamPyroX said:
I've made a few mistakes in my times. Once, the speaker said, "Please hold for one moment." I didn't understand what he said so I started giving out my order. At the end after I said, "And... that's it." The speaker said, "Thanks for holding, may I take your order?" Boy, was I embarassed. Luckily, there was no one ahead of me or behind me! Hehehe!

:laugh2: :rofl: Hahaha....That was Funni VamPyrox....

Yup, Drive-thru are no problem for me *so far* I just drive thru and stop at the window and speak thru the fast food window and my order is done. Simple just like that:)

i saw some guy drove his early '90's Ford Ranger backwards thru the drive thru at McDonald's :lol:

i did drive thru, write down what i wanna order then show them, they tried speak, i told them i cant hear!!! they gulped then ordered for me.. it no plms! :)

Only time I go drive thur is if I ride with someone who can talk, like my mom. Most of time I dine in or take out because it is easier for me.

I use drive-thru most of the time and I write down on paper what I want to order then give it to someone to the first window...I always let them know that Im deaf first then show them paper what I want to order....most of the time they have no problem with that. Sometimes they'd tell me to park over there and they'll bring me food which its no problem with me at all but most of the time I usually stay by the 2nd window if theres not lot of cars behind me. :)

Really, I don't give a flying fuck if there's several cars behind me and if I want to use drive-thru then I will use it. I ain't walking in if I don't feel like it. So I can use drive-thru as I like whether I'm deaf or not. :fu:

Last edited:
Whoa, Heather Go Girl!! *Thinking of taking Heather with me thur the drive thru* heh!!

Back