Everything about iPhone

Not interesting about another iTouch with camera or dual cameras. I am happy with iTouch and it's perfect for Rev.

YouTube - Rev for iPhone

Easy find a problem thru real-time and history than crap scanner coder only.

And Tomtom GPS.

TomTom car kit for iPod touch - TomTom GPS sat nav
I plan to buy one later. So GPS and digital dashboard rock my world for car.

How the hell it reads the fuel left in the car, engine revs, etc? Is the iTouch connected to the engine computer or what?

How the hell it reads the fuel left in the car, engine revs, etc? Is the iTouch connected to the engine computer or what?

Most newer cars with OBD2 plug or higher can output real time information but you need a expensive scanner or a adapter with a laptop and expensive software to read real time information while it in motion.

The OBD2 port allows your car to report three kinds of information: Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), real-time data, and freeze frame data.

I don't know if this iTouch is connected via adapter or what but it would be cool if someone invented a WIFI or bluetooth OBD2 plug :D

I do know almost all GPS units can keep track of you fuel use fuel cost by knowing how many miles you drove and how often you stopped at stop sign or traffic light idling etc then it calcuate how much fuel is spent.

My Garmin 205W have that fuel cost feature in it so if phone have GPS then software can be written to track fuel usage for it.

Most newer cars with OBD2 plug or higher can output real time information but you need a expensive scanner or a adapter with a laptop and expensive software to read real time information while it in motion.

The OBD2 port allows your car to report three kinds of information: Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), real-time data, and freeze frame data.

I don't know if this iTouch is connected via adapter or what but it would be cool if someone invented a WIFI or bluetooth OBD2 plug :D

I do know almost all GPS units can keep track of you fuel use fuel cost by knowing how many miles you drove and how often you stopped at stop sign or traffic light idling etc then it calcuate how much fuel is spent.

My Garmin 205W have that fuel cost feature in it so if phone have GPS then software can be written to track fuel usage for it.

My last post already answer. :)

When you turned off then OBDII shut down. Nothing to worry about hacker.

Don't forget an iPod Touch is $200 brand new as well...that's $350 total plus iTouch can do lot more than just that.

I understand, I can use iTouch for game, internet, PDF, apps tools, etc.. but SCAN tool device is just scan tool only.

You have some concern about this?? -

Apple has made something like a....passion from patents. The last thing they want to do is to implement a technology which can detect if your phone has been stolen. This technology should help you in case if your device was stolen by notifying you about this situation and allowing you to remotely find it. However, the situation can stay a little bit different in practice, because Apple might be able to audiovisual spy you, by detecting if somebody with a different voice or face is using the device, and shutting down the device remotely.

But what's really worse, the technology should allow Apple to identify if the device has been jailbroken and unlocked, so they might have the possibility to kill the device remotely.

Read more: IT enthusiast

Yes I like to remind you, take a look @ Microsoft has to detected their console which used recently to play splinter Cell: Conviction, along with many other games. And MSFT have recorded their I.P. address. Once again, Microsoft has the right to detected their console if who recently play a pirate games, then MSFT kill owner's console and even shut down their account for PERMANENT LIFETIME.

Have you some concern about this?? -

Yes I like to remind you, take a look @ Microsoft has to detected their console which used recently to play splinter Cell: Conviction, along with many other games. And MSFT have recorded their I.P. address. Once again, Microsoft has the right to detected their console if who recently play a pirate games, then MSFT kill owner's console and even shut shut their account for PERMANENT LIFETIME.

Yes, I read some rumors about future iPhone. I think that Apple files for patent to disable jailbroken iPhones but but I see to happen, Apple can never stop jailbreaking, each update will just get hacked.

Yes, I read some rumors about future iPhone. I think that Apple files for patent to disable jailbroken iPhones but but I see to happen, Apple can never stop jailbreaking, each update will just get hacked.
Since I thought jailbreaking and unlocking is legal in the U.S, why Apple is still against it?

Since I thought jailbreaking and unlocking is legal in the U.S, why Apple is still against it?

Good question. I hope Apple may not do to patient kill switch for future iPhones. All they need to do is modify the jailbreaking process to disable the kill switch, it's not hard. It's already an option to remove the app kill switch.

Well, jailbroken iPhone is no longer to be penalty under DCMA so it is legal under government but illegal under Apple because they will void the warranty after find out.

Well, jailbroken iPhone is no longer to be penalty under DCMA so it is legal under government but illegal under Apple because they will void the warranty after find out.

It's not that it'll be "illegal under Apple" it'll just not be supported and you won't be able to get warranty support. So you jailbreak your phone and then have a problem, Apple can say to your face "tough, can't fix it."

Most people aren't interested in jailbreaking. It's possible to do but not worth the hassle for people who aren't all that tech savvy - which is most people.

It's not that it'll be "illegal under Apple" it'll just not be supported and you won't be able to get warranty support. So you jailbreak your phone and then have a problem, Apple can say to your face "tough, can't fix it."

Most people aren't interested in jailbreaking. It's possible to do but not worth the hassle for people who aren't all that tech savvy - which is most people.

If iPhone has a software or hardware problem, restore the phone to factory default before repairing it. And tell Apple you never jail broke it

I have few Cydia apps in my jailbroken iPhone to need tethering and facetime over 3G. I won't pay AT&T tethering fee at $20/mo.

I'm looking into getting an iTouch, mainly because of the hoh/D apps I've been reading about :D Imagine having that subtitle app at the movies!! Or even in class when my teacher has once again neglected to get the captioned video.
I'm thinking this could be a cool thing. And now that I have a job.... :D
Though there is one other thing I need to buy that's more important, lol. It'd be like 80 bucks.
I also DON'T want the iphone, because I would never pay for a plan, AND I have tracfone. Much easier to use/pay for, especially because you can get just texting plans.

The DMCA ruling does not only prevent criminal prosecution for Jailbreaking. It makes Jailbreaking legal. Apple cannot make Jailbreaking a violation of the License Agreement via a contract. Look up contract law. We can't make something legal under the DMCA, like Jailbreaking is now, illegal via a contract. Apple could certainly try to put such restrictions in their EULA/Contracts. However, they would risk the whole EULA/Contract being voided.

They certainly could not deactivate your phone for Jailbreaking it.

Clarke, I just guess that APPLE CEO is paranoid the hacker would access IP3/4 users's account as such bank, creditcard, etc... And CEO doesnt want the hackers to give Apple's bad business reputation.. :P

They certainly could not deactivate your phone for Jailbreaking it.
Chevy, You never know that they could be deactivate owners phone or Apple would be order & authority over carriers to be disable their account, whoever involve the Jailbreaking.. this could be happen in someday! you NEVER KNOW! c'mon..

Back