Every Tuesday weigh-in support

It's ok to have some salt, but not a lot. Try eating less processed food, more fresh veggies, fruit and meat from market. I LOVE salt, and can't imagine living without salt. My favorite is salt with sweet...like salted peanuts mixed with M&M's, but I don't have it very often. Everybody needs to have little salt to help body function better. Very little salt. 2 pounds loss in a week is very good...1 to 2 or 3 pounds a week is good...more than that shouldn't happen very often. More people who lost under 3 lbs a week and stay with their food plan, keep active is more likely to keep the weight off, as well as drinking plenty of water.

Peachy Lady said:
It's ok to have some salt, but not a lot. Try eating less processed food, more fresh veggies, fruit and meat from market. I LOVE salt, and can't imagine living without salt. My favorite is salt with sweet...like salted peanuts mixed with M&M's, but I don't have it very often. Everybody needs to have little salt to help body function better. Very little salt. 2 pounds loss in a week is very good...1 to 2 or 3 pounds a week is good...more than that shouldn't happen very often. More people who lost under 3 lbs a week and stay with their food plan, keep active is more likely to keep the weight off, as well as drinking plenty of water.

Yeah, I'm trying my best even the SouthBeach Ranch dressing has more salt than regular dressing, just three percent more. I wondered why LOL! So I switch to regular Ranch. Yep still drinking water. Sometimes I want diet pepsi, It's been a struggle. :P

:hug: You and me are struggling together. I can undy how u feel. We all are in this together.

BabyAngel said:
I gained 2 pounds due to PMS, *ugh* I hate it when PMS came in and I knew I would gain something haha but I know I will lose ALOT next week so we have to wait until next Tuesday :)

did you know that you gain up to 5lbs when you get your period? it is normal.. so don't fret :)- i get frustrated too! :squint: it is all water.. i know it sucks :( but don't despair... because you know it is only water and it only lasts a few days :) so hang in there when it happens once a month... :hug:

a note... be grateful, because i have a friend who gains up to 10lbs a month due to her health condition... i feel for her :( it is really difficult on her and she is really frustrated... (sigh)

I like SBD, too. You can get support in their wbsite thru their message board, get recipes, ask for advice from nutritionists, but you need to pay for membership. I lost about 25 lbs with it, but life happened and I gained most of it back.. ahhhh! It's so hard for me to just start... I dont have support resources around here like Curves or SBD labelled food (I don't like to cook that much), and it's just too damned expensive to have a normal gym membership. So, I ordered a treadmill.. and am building a gym room myself. Congrats on losing the weight and on the decision to start a change in eating and fitness. :)

Liebling:-))) said:

:ty: to Liebling..
*snooping this url* ((reading))

I don't want sign up.. I like to curiouis how's caluate my weight
present to lose weight how much the accurate.. I'd like to know .. whoever involved member ship of Southbeach diet ? Can you tell me how much requires? Let me know..
I'll condiser have this one but doesn't carry credit card... I prefer free.. and learning about this stuff... Oh well.. That's okay..
Doesn't want partpicle for loss weight therphy.. $$$ which I've lose money from Loss Weight company isn't helpful for me.. My weight kept still same for a year.. B.S. rip off my expense for nothing that why I'm afraid of...
So I'd rather my own way and follow somehow the focus weight better figures.
Issues my thyroid.. oh well.. Hopefully for my dreams come true..

Honestly w/you.. I cannot live without RUFFLE or LAYS crinkles chips.. My hubby kept eye on me... I'm not allowed to eat chips... truly I do miss taste.. ever since. :eek3:

GalaxyAngel said:

present to lose weight how much the accurate.. I'd like to know .. whoever involved member ship of Southbeach diet ? Can you tell me how much requires? Let me know..
I'll condiser have this one but doesn't carry credit card... I prefer free.. and learning about this stuff... Oh well.. That's okay..
Doesn't want partpicle for loss weight therphy.. $$$ which I've lose money from Loss Weight company isn't helpful for me.. My weight kept still same for a year.. B.S. rip off my expense for nothing that why I'm afraid of...

Honestly w/you.. I cannot live without RUFFLE or LAYS crinkles chips.. My hubby kept eye on me... I'm not allowed to eat chips... truly I do miss taste.. ever since. :eek3:

The South Beach Diet book can be purchased at WalMart or at big book store such as Nobles and Barnes, etc. The cost of membership for SBD online is $5 a week and they would charge your credit card $65 for every 13 weeks. I haven't started membership to SBD online, only read the book...but am thinking maybe I will join. Not sure yet when. I love potato chips too! But I am not supposed to eat them. Potatoes turn into sugar in body, therefore gain weight, also too much salt on chips.

GalaxyAngel said:

This is better information then you can read what kind of foods you eat during 3 phases... on South Beach Diet...

http://weightloss.about.com/cs/diets/a/aa060403a.htm

As far as I know here in Germany, alot of Doctors are not support South Beach Diet... I don't know why... I will search to find out why the doctors are not support South Beach Diet... I will add the link here when I find...

To me, I would not follow South Beach Diet because they are "too cruel"... I'm bread lover, that's why I decide South Beach Diet is not for me... :giggle:

Here is what South Beach had to say ....

HEATH AUSTIN
Male
Your Weight-Loss Goal Your Current Weight: 280 lbs
Your Target Weight: 140 lbs
Your Healthy Range: 122 - 164 lbs

Your Body Mass Index (BMI)
Your Current BMI: 42.6
Healthy BMI: 18.5 - 25

About your BMI:
Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is above the normal range of weight for your height. The South Beach Diet™ can help by teaching you about the right carbs and the right fats. By modifying your diet, you'll correct the way your body reacts to the very foods that made you overweight. You won't lose weight because you'll be eating less; you'll lose weight because you'll be eating fewer of the foods that create unhealthy cravings—fewer of the foods that cause your body to store excessive fat.

Losing Weight
Shedding pounds should indeed be a priority. In addition to feeling and looking better, you can decrease your chance of developing heart disease or having a stroke by reducing your weight. Plus, you can improve your blood pressure and cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. By modifying your diet, you'll correct the way your body reacts to the very foods that made you overweight. And you'll realize that you don't need to cut out all your favorite foods or go hungry to lose weight. Following a balanced and healthy diet can be easier and more enjoyable than you might imagine. Programs like The South Beach Diet™ Online encourage fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats and cheeses, and satisfying whole grains. Finding a diet that works with your lifestyle is key.

About Your Eating Habits
The analysis below will provide some insight into the impact of what you're eating now, and some simple ways you can improve your eating habits. In general:
Don't skip meals
Do skip the sugar
Think whole grain
Avoid fast food
Enjoy eggs
When eating greens, the darker the better
Choose lean cuts of meat
Drink more water
Opt for oil and vinegar rather than prepared salad dressing
Don't overcook — you'll lose nutrients and flavor

Your Breakfast
You answered: fast food
Chances are your breakfast is high in calories, fat, sodium, and hydrogenated oils — and low in nutrients and dietary fiber. If you simply can't give up your fast food fix, at least make it a rare treat and chose carefully when you do go. Steer clear of white bread, sweet items (like pastries and doughnuts), high-fat items (like sausages), and dishes cooked in bad fats (like home fries). By joining a program like The South Beach Diet™ Online, you'll have access to dining-out guides to help you make the best decisions. You'll also find suggestions for quick and easy meals that you can make on your own.

Your Lunch
You answered: pizza
Pizza isn't devoid of benefits, especially if it's made with good olive oil and part-skim mozzarella — and you don't eat the whole pie. Cooked tomatoes (in the sauce) are a great source of lycopene, a cancer fighter. The main problem is the crust, which is usually made of white flour. Try to switch from a deep-dish style to thin crust, and add some nutritious carbs like green peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

Your Dinner
You answered: eat out
Making smart choices is the key here. Watch portion size and avoid anything fried or buttery. Fish is often the healthiest option, and poultry's fine if you opt for breast meat and remove the skin. Replace potatoes, white rice, or white pasta with vegetables — and make sure they're steamed or lightly sauteed in olive oil. If possible, request that your food be cooked with the "right" fats — olive oil or canola oil. When in doubt, choose salad.

Snacking
You answered: sweets, like cookies, candy, or pie
Besides adding calories, eating sugar sparks cravings that can sabotage your eating plan. Alternatives include fresh fruit, which is rich in fiber and nutrients. Or try a variety of sugar-free or no-sugar-added treats, including gelatin, Fudgsicles, Popsicles, candies, and chewing gum. But note that many sugar-free products contain sugar alcohols, which may cause intestinal distress.

Fruits and Vegetables
You answered: most days, none
It's time to start. Vegetables and fruit are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber; they're low in fat and cholesterol; and they add flavor and variety to your diet. They help satisfy your appetite without adding the pounds. If you haven't touched a vegetable since childhood, start slowly by incorporating them into soups and stews. Once you've gotten used to the idea of veggies, work your way up to salads and side dishes.

Your Short term goals
1. Lose weight
Commit to losing weight. Even a modest weight loss of 5 to 10 percent can lead to significant health benefits. Start today.

2. Eat a better breakfast
Try quick and healthy alternatives to fast food: a bowl of whole grain cereal, a slice of multigrain bread, or a container of low-fat or nonfat, unsweetened yogurt.

3. Eat your veggies
They add important nutrients and fiber to your diet, and they fill you up without weighing you down. Add fruits once you're free of sugar cravings.

Your Long term Goals
1. Maintain weight loss
Losing weight can make you feel and look better, lower your risk of illness, and help you live a longer, healthier life. But if you've lost and gained pounds in the past, you know it's not easy to keep the weight off. The key: making permanent changes that fit your lifestyle. Incorporate better eating and physical activity habits in your life — like those recommended by The South Beach Diet™.

2. Exercise more
There's no doubt about it: Dieting without exercise makes weight loss much tougher and makes keeping weight off nearly impossible. Regular physical activity can enhance mental ability, improve self-esteem, reduce anxiety, and improve your sex life. Need more motivation? By reducing your risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and other conditions through regular workouts, you can potentially add years to your life. As always, consult your doctor before starting a new exercise regime or weight loss plan.

3. Build a support network
A helping hand is a definite benefit when it comes to weight loss: A recent study showed that dieters with supportive partners lost 30 percent more weight than those who attempted to lose weight on their own. So look to your friends and family, or take advantage of an online community of dieters who are struggling and succeeding along with you. The South Beach Diet™ offers message boards, nutritionists, and online buddies.

Dear HEATH,
I designed The South Beach Diet™ to fit your lifestyle, work with your needs, and help you meet your goals. By joining the online program, you’ll not only start gaining control of your weight, you’ll be gaining control of your life.
Now that we know your goals, challenges, and strengths — it’s time to discuss your solution. By joining the South Beach Diet™ Online, you'll get all the information and recipes from my best-selling book — plus so much more.

Sincerely,
Arthur Agatston, M.D.

Thank you Liebling and God Bless for posting this website..... :gpost:
http://www.startsouthbeach.com/index_sbd2.asp
Here is South Beach Diet

Liebling:-))) said:
This is better information then you can read what kind of foods you eat during 3 phases... on South Beach Diet...

http://weightloss.about.com/cs/diets/a/aa060403a.htm

As far as I know here in Germany, alot of Doctors are not support South Beach Diet... I don't know why... I will search to find out why the doctors are not support South Beach Diet... I will add the link here when I find...

To me, I would not follow South Beach Diet because they are "too cruel"... I'm bread lover, that's why I decide South Beach Diet is not for me... :giggle:

I found out why German doctors do not support South Beach Diet...

Here:
Twelve Reasons to Avoid the South Beach Diet

http://www.mercola.com/2004/jun/9/south_beach.htm

I understand now... I would not try kind of diets but pick right and health foods, that's all.

Welcome Heath but I decide South Beach Diet is not for me because I don't want to give up my favorite foods... :lol: All what I want is limit what I am eating... which right foods...

Hi Liebling , I subscribe to the Mercola newsletter. I saw the website and will have to make some modifications then go from there. Thank you for the warning Twelve Reasons to Avoid the South Beach Diet

I am curious, what food program does Germany follow alots?

Heath and Liebling,

You both are going off-topic, this thread is about weight in supports. Just remember that One or two people on the same diet, a certain diet doesn't mean that the same thing is going to happen to you. For everyone is knowing what and how to eat is a good start to lose weight. Nobody has to be in a specific program to order to lose weight, the food they eat is what is a must to look at balancing a meal with protein, carbs and fat is specific to each person. Please don't confused people with your links just because it doesn't work on some people like yourself, while it might work on some people. Each person is different . ;)

Heath said:
Hi Liebling , I subscribe to the Mercola newsletter. I saw the website and will have to make some modifications then go from there. Thank you for the warning Twelve Reasons to Avoid the South Beach Diet

I am curious, what food program does Germany follow alots?

Doctor support right and health foods.

Alot of Germans use "Food Combining" - of course I'm one of them... I use food combining sometimes..., not all the time...

Food Combining
http://www.kaikracht.de/foodcomb/english/index.htm

Food Combining mean is: you can eat anything whatever you want but you should not mix carbohydrate with Protein but Neutral. Example: If I want Protein for my dinner then I have to pick ANY meats to serve with SALAD (neutral)... If I want Carbohydrate for my dinner then I have to pick potatoes to serve with vegetable and gravy (neutral), not add meat because meat is protein...

For South Beach Diet:
It mean is:
You has to cut the bad carbohydrate, fats, sugar etc (potatoes, pasta, rice, grains, some dairy products, fruits, alcohol, eg).
You has to take more protein like that eggs, cheese, red meat, steak, eg.
You has to take more good carbohydrate like that most vegetables, chicken breasts, extra-virgin olive oil, dark chocolate etc.

It´s first for the 2 weeks....

You has to check the list of banned food items in South Beach Diet.

Then further 4 weeks, all of those banned items are move to the restricted list.... You have to take care of how much and how often you eat those foods from the restricted list...

It would make me unhappy because of banned items on South Beach Diet that's why I decide it's not for me.

I rather to eat anything what I wants, that´s why I´m for combining diet because it make me happy... :D

http://www.kaikracht.de/foodcomb/english/index.htm
http://www.kaikracht.de/foodcomb/english/index3.htm

You can compare between South Beach diet and combinet diet and then will understand why I prefer combining diet.

I ate fillet turkey with salad last Sunday but my hubby and children ate fillet turkey, Bavarian potatoes salad and salad... like what I say that I use combining diet SOMETIMES.

Cheri said:
Heath and Liebling,

You both are going off-topic, this thread is about weight in supports. Just remember that One or two people on the same diet, a certain diet doesn't mean that the same thing is going to happen to you. For everyone is knowing what and how to eat is a good start to lose weight. Nobody has to be in a specific program to order to lose weight, the food they eat is what is a must to look at balancing a meal with protein, carbs and fat is specific to each person. Please don't confused people with your links just because it doesn't work on some people like yourself, while it might work on some people. Each person is different . ;)

For your information... I didn't make topic off post but responsed GalaxyAngel's question over South Beach Diet. Some of your posts got GalaxyAngel wondering so I added link for GalaxyAngel but GalaxyAngel want information... PeachLady explained her... I found other link for GalaxyAngel... and explained what I know about South Beach Diet... because some of posts brought South Beach Diet issues up...
I answered Health's question... Why can't I?

Next time, please don't point your finger on me and Heath because we are not only one who made our posts over South Beach Diet. ;)

However nobody push you what kind of diet you want to eat... It's your decision... I see nothing wrong that everyone are interesting to have feedback, tips, etc from others...

While I agree that South Beach Diet is not for everyone, there are different kind of diets that will work for each person because everyone is different healthwise. I feel that SBD works well for me.

Peachy Lady said:
While I agree that South Beach Diet is not for everyone, there are different kind of diets that will work for each person because everyone is different healthwise. I feel that SBD works well for me.

:werd: That's what I've been saying. :hug:

Peachy Lady said:

:confused: I saw your good post an around half hour ago... I want to take your post as quote later but you edited and change your post... Your last post is good one... *sigh*

Anyway, I'm not saying that South Beach Diet is not for everyone and different healthwise ... all what I only said in my previous post that German doctors are not support South Beach Diet and any diets issue but right and health foods. I didn't know why until I found out from the link today and know why..... I asked my co-worker what she think of South Beach Diet and why... She said that she heard negative about South Beach Diet like what I said in my previous post...

That's simple questions: How long will you stick kind of diets? Forever? or What?

If you take kind of diets (including South Beach Diet, Atkin Diet and any diets) and stick it until you are tiring and fed up...after stick kind of diets for long and then give up and go back to eat normal... it could gain weight more because it confuse your body...

That's why I beleive to stick health and right foods... I do eat wrong foods sometimes, not all the time... It's bad if you eat wrong foods all the time...

Remember that I did not recommend you to give South Beach Diet or other diets up but your own decision... ;)

What I said in my previous posts is my decision what kind of diet I want to pick is right and health foods but use combining diet sometimes because it make me happy. :)

If any kind of diets make you happy then stick with it... If not, bad...

Back