Emergency Unemployment Benefits Fillibustered Again by GOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't have problem place bet on that one too.

What I don't understand is that why demand more UI benefit which would last only 3 months or maybe 4 at most? This is not a permanent solution. Why not seek something that is longer than 4 months?

I bet that senators won't expand again in November due hot battle election and more democrats could lose the ability to break the filibuster.

I'm not alone since other members gave him an advice but he chose to ignore. If he doesn't want to follow an advice that other members given so that's fine with me but I'm just hopefully that he will find somewhere to deal with issue if he lose the unemployment pay and I wasn't try to be rude at him but just act like expect that he could do on his own, that all.

Like DHB said, I have encourage unemployed Americans to seeking for a job while live on unemployment pay and they can't wait until unemployment pay expire so it would be less headache and less crisis. There are other option about can enroll at school and find a better job after we are getting out of recession.

I bet that senators won't expand again in November due hot battle election and more democrats could lose the ability to break the filibuster.

Do you know that Unemployment offers a program that will allow someone to go to school....they will continue to recieve unemployment for the duration of the year or 2 years in school?

Without that...Most people who have been laid off and decided to go to school have to drop out of school to find a job to make ends meet. Most companies that are hiring wont hire my significant other because he is going to school.

With the issues of people not looking for work but only looking for a free ride, the government should implement something like this:

A company recieves an application from said person, that company in some way notes it with the Workforce Development under that persons record. In the persons record it will note how many jobs applied for and when. OR the person must turn in a copy of said application with the stamp or signature of HR person from that company to the workforce development center.

This way, when someone calls in and presses the button saying 'I did look for a job' the Workforce will have record of it.

If they didnt apply for any jobs and they try to call it in...then they will not get any money because they are considered 'Free Loaders'. (My soon to be EX Husband is a perfect example of this)

The free loaders will not have any choice but to get out and look.

(Its just an idea... not a great idea I am sure but its something and less money would be given to those who do nothing.)

I have resorted to cleaning houses for some money to make ends meet and my significant other has been offering to mow lawns among other things. So we are trying our hardest to find work but it is exremely hard when noone is hiring or will not hire a student.

Most companies wont hire me PART TIME because I have a work related injury that restricts me for the rest of my life. :(

I won't have problem place bet on that one too.

What I don't understand is that why demand more UI benefit which would last only 3 months or maybe 4 at most? This is not a permanent solution. Why not seek something that is longer than 4 months?

I don't demand it, it helps though.

I searching and searching.

Where will the money come from to pay for this?

Right, my point is that it is not good idea to mentally establish as UI as only a solution. UI is meant to be temporary not permanent income.

From what I learn myself and I realize that I am not alone, alot people looking at wrong place at wrong time. Yes, I have looked at wrong places and time only to find out that they are not for me. What I did was start to look at other doors, never know there would be an golden opportunity for me.

Here is perfect example, I used to be certified Electrican, I was darn stubborn and I still can't find job. So at the point it was too long without job. I decided to try something different after my wife got pregnant. I started with dishwashing, and landed job in machine shop. Totally unrelated to Electricial. I then learn and master my skills. I eventually got into Networking which landed me on the job that I never thought it will ever happen. I was glad that I give myself a try with something else different.

I don't demand it, it helps though.

I searching and searching.

Do you know that Unemployment offers a program that will allow someone to go to school....they will continue to recieve unemployment for the duration of the year or 2 years in school?

Without that...Most people who have been laid off and decided to go to school have to drop out of school to find a job to make ends meet. Most companies that are hiring wont hire my significant other because he is going to school.

With the issues of people not looking for work but only looking for a free ride, the government should implement something like this:

A company recieves an application from said person, that company in some way notes it with the Workforce Development under that persons record. In the persons record it will note how many jobs applied for and when. OR the person must turn in a copy of said application with the stamp or signature of HR person from that company to the workforce development center.

This way, when someone calls in and presses the button saying 'I did look for a job' the Workforce will have record of it.

If they didnt apply for any jobs and they try to call it in...then they will not get any money because they are considered 'Free Loaders'. (My soon to be EX Husband is a perfect example of this)

The free loaders will not have any choice but to get out and look.

(Its just an idea... not a great idea I am sure but its something and less money would be given to those who do nothing.)

I have resorted to cleaning houses for some money to make ends meet and my significant other has been offering to mow lawns among other things. So we are trying our hardest to find work but it is exremely hard when noone is hiring or will not hire a student.

Most companies wont hire me PART TIME because I have a work related injury that restricts me for the rest of my life. :(

Oh ok, I understand about how are you feeling and I'm sorry to hear about it. :(

Instead of adding more to the deficit, take the money out of the Stimulus money instead.

They've been informed. Even Senators tried to suggest that. It was flat out rejected and instead favor on adding more to the already trillion dollars deficit...money we don't have.

They've been informed. Even Senators tried to suggest that. It was flat out rejected and instead favor on adding more to the already trillion dollars deficit...money we don't have.

Again, keep TELLING to senators as you can.

LOL Six of one, half a dozen of the other, please.
Yeah. Which pocket do you want take the money from? My right pocket or my left pocket? :lol:

Yeah. Which pocket do you want take the money from? My right pocket or my left pocket? :lol:

Is that a dare, gun-toting mama? I won't be that foolish! :lol:.

I have a question about unemployment procedures.

Many moons ago when I was first discharged from the Navy, I was entitled to three months unemployment compensation. I actually only collected one month's worth because I went to college instead.

The procedure during that month was that I had to show up in person each week at the state employment office to keep my claim valid. I couldn't bring my child with me, and I had to be dressed ready to work that day in case they had a job for me. If they had a job for me I had to accept it or else be cut off from any more benefits.

Also, I had to present a list of jobs that I had either applied or interviewed that week. I think it was at least 3-5 per week (can't remember the exact number). The list had to include the signature of a representative of that company or business. If I didn't turn in a completed sheet for that week my benefits would be cut off. In other words, I had to prove that I was actively seeking a job.

Is that still the procedure today?

Obama is going to sign it (Extension) into law soon. So, treat this as last chance, keep looking for job.

Obama is going to sign it (Extension) into law soon. So, treat this as last chance, keep looking for job.

I bet that would be last chance but I was totally unsure about it right now.

I'm seriously hope that economy will recover and employment rate will going up as soon as possible

Varies from state to state, in NYS no longer go on line, but it must be done via computer (Website), and submitting list of employers is not required anymore.

I have a question about unemployment procedures.

Many moons ago when I was first discharged from the Navy, I was entitled to three months unemployment compensation. I actually only collected one month's worth because I went to college instead.

The procedure during that month was that I had to show up in person each week at the state employment office to keep my claim valid. I couldn't bring my child with me, and I had to be dressed ready to work that day in case they had a job for me. If they had a job for me I had to accept it or else be cut off from any more benefits.

Also, I had to present a list of jobs that I had either applied or interviewed that week. I think it was at least 3-5 per week (can't remember the exact number). The list had to include the signature of a representative of that company or business. If I didn't turn in a completed sheet for that week my benefits would be cut off. In other words, I had to prove that I was actively seeking a job.

Is that still the procedure today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back