Emergency Unemployment Benefits Fillibustered Again by GOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessary. The November election will do the job for us.

November election = NOTHING.

Keep TELLING to senators and quit being lazy and whine at our face.

Er, apparently you don't seem to understand what the November election is about. If you don't like what your Representatives or Senators are doing in Congress you can vote them out by voting for somebody else who can do the job that you want them to do. If they are not going to listen, then they face the consequence of losing their seats. We've been telling them that for four years. They haven't listened nor learned anything. Time to change seats.

Er, apparently you don't seem to understand what the November election is about. If you don't like what your Representatives or Senators are doing in Congress you can vote them out by voting for somebody else who can do the job that you want them to do. If they are not going to listen, then they face the consequence of losing their seats. We've been telling them that for four years. They haven't listened nor learned anything. Time to change seats.

Hint: I'm not dumb, okay.

I'm positively that democrats will remain majority in senate, it is just my own prediction and tell you that November midterm election is nothing, IMO.

Hint: I'm not dumb, okay.

I'm positively that democrats will remain majority in senate, it is just my own prediction and tell you that November midterm election is nothing, IMO.

Like you were positive that Scott Brown of Mass. couldn't win?

Yeah, and before it was over you were pretty sure that Scott Brown wouldn't win.

I have a question about unemployment procedures.

Many moons ago when I was first discharged from the Navy, I was entitled to three months unemployment compensation. I actually only collected one month's worth because I went to college instead.

The procedure during that month was that I had to show up in person each week at the state employment office to keep my claim valid. I couldn't bring my child with me, and I had to be dressed ready to work that day in case they had a job for me. If they had a job for me I had to accept it or else be cut off from any more benefits.

Also, I had to present a list of jobs that I had either applied or interviewed that week. I think it was at least 3-5 per week (can't remember the exact number). The list had to include the signature of a representative of that company or business. If I didn't turn in a completed sheet for that week my benefits would be cut off. In other words, I had to prove that I was actively seeking a job.

Is that still the procedure today?

That is the way it is supposed to work here. No idea if they enforce it or not.......

@Dgirl

My suggestion.....if at all possible....take this next payment (Should be a lum sum) and move. There are a few areas where jobs are worse than others. If after 99 weeks jobs are still so scarce that one can't find entry level work it is time to move.

Ruidoso has been hit hard being a resort town..... Most people have survived by taking 10-15 hrs a week at 2 or 3 different places. One girl I know out there has four jobs.

Texas is a cheap state to live in and Sundays paper had 6 pages of job openings.

That is the way it is supposed to work here. No idea if they enforce it or not.......

@Dgirl

My suggestion.....if at all possible....take this next payment (Should be a lum sum) and move. There are a few areas where jobs are worse than others. If after 99 weeks jobs are still so scarce that one can't find entry level work it is time to move.

Ruidoso has been hit hard being a resort town..... Most people have survived by taking 10-15 hrs a week at 2 or 3 different places. One girl I know out there has four jobs.

Texas is a cheap state to live in and Sundays paper had 6 pages of job openings.

Yep, that is the way it is supposed to work, agreed. So many agencies have gone to on line contact instead of face to face that it becomes almost impossible to enforce.

@Dgirl

Four jobs? I am assuming it's four part-time jobs? Or one ful time and 3 part time jobs??

That is good suggestion. However it would be best to send out applications and resume anywhere and try to find out which would response the most, then move there.

@Dgirl

Four jobs? I am assuming it's four part-time jobs? Or one ful time and 3 part time jobs??

:lol: yeah 4 part time jobs......you know most (if not all) the places

Met her at Rainmakers Golf Club....she was my beverage cart girl....... That night I went to Farley's and she was my waitress. She also bartends at The Quarters and helps with Catering for the Village Buttery. :)

Busy girl

BTW if you ever take up golf seriously you have to play Rainmakers once.......Incredible views. Hardest course I have ever pllayed though

@Dgirl

It would not be possible at the moment. One reason, my children. I am trying to fight for custody of my children. Right now they are stressed as it is and adding to their stress by moving is going to make it difficult on them. Their father is not a nice man, and my boys are not doing well at his house.

So all I can do is keep putting in applications in everywhere. No matter what the job is whether I like it or not. Even if it means working in a hog confinement.

It would not be possible at the moment. One reason, my children. I am trying to fight for custody of my children. Right now they are stressed as it is and adding to their stress by moving is going to make it difficult on them. Their father is not a nice man, and my boys are not doing well at his house.

So all I can do is keep putting in applications in everywhere. No matter what the job is whether I like it or not. Even if it means working in a hog confinement.

Oh yup, Shel has same problem about can't move to other states due child custody. I do understand that moving aren't for everyone while they are job seeking. There are people cannot move out to other states for some reasons, such as want stay in hometown state, closer to their relative/families, moving cost more and stress, homeowner - hard to sell the house and cannot be abandon until you sold or foreclosure it, some people want stay in region like they stay in northeast state because they are belong to northeast state and other reasons, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back