Duggars Family... When Will It End?

Yeah, poor dog never knew what he was getting yelled at for.:giggle:

We are starting that with our dog...LOL!

I couldnt keep track of who is who in that family.

Shoot...my mom couldn't keep track of our family's names, and they all started with a different letter. More than once, one of us kids would get called by the dog's name! Especially if we were in trouble and she was pissed! It would go something like this...."Mick Jill Bob Simon (the dog): damn it, you know who I mean!":lol:

But seriously, as long as these children are not being neglected or abused, are living in a safe and loving environment, and the family is self sustaining, I really don't see how their choices are any one else's concern. I'm sure the doctors have explained the cummulative health risks to this mother, and if she understands and is willing to accept that, then that is her decision to live with.

I see dysfunctional families on a daily basis where abuse is the norm. I have mothers with 1 or 2 children living in a safe house unable to maintain themselves or their small family because they have been caught up in a cycle of abuse from the time most of them were children. When I see a loving family that has managed to survive and thrive and have the coping skills to become healthy, happy adults, I praise them. It isn't an easy task. I wish half of the children and mothers I deal with had the coping skills that this family has. They wouldn't be on my caseload. They would be able to care for themselves and their children.

You know what I think? If the Duggars wanted so many children, why didn't they adopt? There are SO many children in foster care that need loving homes and caring parents, and there aren't enough adoptive families to go around. I don't think it's fair that they get to give birth to so many children and not adopt any children while many gays and lesbians want and are willing to adopt children but aren't allowed to due to their sexuality. So many children could have gone to those gay/lesbian loving parents if it were permitted. Those children in foster care need a home and loving permanent parents more than the Duggars needing to give birth to so many kids. They didn't adopt ANY kid, and it makes me feel like they don't want the "damaged" kids. They want their own perfect kids. When I was in foster care, I wanted so badly to be adopted and not have to live in hellholes that some of my foster homes were. Only two were good foster homes. I wanted to be loved, be taken care of, and not be abused and neglected (I was abused and neglected by my dad and his wife), and not to bounce around many strange foster homes and a horrible children's home. It's not fair. What about us?

I guess the Duggars are Catholics? Not sure, but the Catholic Church is not too big on birth control?

Never mind me.....I'm tired and just messing around on AD after a very long day at a medieval faire.

You know what I think? If the Duggars wanted so many children, why didn't they adopt? There are SO many children in foster care that need loving homes and caring parents, and there aren't enough adoptive families to go around. I don't think it's fair that they get to give birth to so many children and not adopt any children while many gays and lesbians want and are willing to adopt children but aren't allowed to due to their sexuality. So many children could have gone to those gay/lesbian loving parents if it were permitted. Those children in foster care need a home and loving permanent parents more than the Duggars needing to give birth to so many kids. They didn't adopt ANY kid, and it makes me feel like they don't want the "damaged" kids. They want their own perfect kids. When I was in foster care, I wanted so badly to be adopted and not have to live in hellholes that some of my foster homes were. Only two were good foster homes. I wanted to be loved, be taken care of, and not be abused and neglected (I was abused and neglected by my dad and his wife), and not to bounce around many strange foster homes and a horrible children's home. It's not fair. What about us?

You raise an excellent point here, Lucia. If people want lots of kids, it's not a bad idea to adopt. And I think both parents and kids will benefit greatly.

However, I'm also in favor of screening potenial parents as not all adoptive parents will be good at raising kids and a few are abusive.

I have two such cases in mind: The case of the Diels who were fundmentalists (Dhiels, Diehls whatever...) who came into Virginia Beach with 13 natural and adopted kids and lived in the school bus that they drove into Va Beach. I remember thinking that they sounded too good to be true. Then one day I noticed a paragraph about their 13th kid being taken to the hospital and that child abuse was suspected. The child died and the case got a lot of press and the diels were convicted of murder.

The second case is about a baby boy named Denny who was adopted by a foster mother who struck the social worker as being excessively rigid but she ingored her gut feelings much to her later regret; the boy was beaten to death by his adoptive mother a year later.

You are right she is 42.I was lookinmg at an old site,sorry about that Hear Again.

That's okay, Pepsi. :)

Wow...42. If Michelle Duggar decides to give birth to another child when she's in her upper 40s, I think that's selfish -- and unfair to the child who may be born prematurely due to complications of advanced age childbirth (for lack of a better term). After all, there have been studies that prove woman who bear children in their late 40s are likely to suffer more complications than those who bear children in their 20s or 30s.

That's okay, Pepsi. :)

Wow...42. If Michelle Duggar decides to give birth to another child when she's in her upper 40s, I think that's selfish -- and unfair to the child who may be born prematurely due to complications of advanced age childbirth (for lack of a better term). After all, there have been studies that prove woman who bear children in their late 40s are likely to suffer more complications than those who bear children in their 20s or 30s.

I agree!

If Michelle continues to have more kids into her 40s or even 50s, then it probably shows delusion on her part. I dont know if her husband is forcing her to have all these children cuz he seems to be the king of his castle. :roll:

If Michelle continues to have more kids into her 40s or even 50s, then it probably shows delusion on her part. I dont know if her husband is forcing her to have all these children cuz he seems to be the king of his castle. :roll:

She's only just doing it to please the "God", and for NO other reason. That's part of the Quiverfull's religious beliefs. Honestly, I do not see how having so many children and contributing to the overpopulation of this planet would please "God". :roll: I guess to the Quiverfulls, women are only good for popping out 238642836482648236482764286428364823 children til their uterus and reproductive system gives up on them. That is sad. :shock:

I agree about the inequities in adoption. And I also see it as a great solution for someone who wants a large family. However, the way to achieve equity is by giving rights to those that are being denied the right to adopt, not by taking away the rights of another group. We will never achieve progress if we take away reproductive rights. We will only make the palying field less level.

And, you are right...it is not fair that there are couples that are willing and able to provide a secure and loving home for a child that are being denied the right to do so based on the fact that they are a same sex couple. But denying heterosexuals the right to have a large family if they so choose won't do anything to fix that.

I don't think there is any force, per se, at work. Religious brainwashing, perhaps.

I was thinking the same thing. There are a lot of foster kids that need help and attention.

I would think that the older you are when you get pregnant, the more risks there are during pregnancies (such as Down's Syndrome, etc).
Yep, that's true. The risk increases as you get older... especially over the age of 40. It's usually a "miracle" when someone over 40 gives birth to a perfectly healthy baby. The risk also increases when BOTH the mother and father are over 40.

Check this link...

Down Syndrome: Prenatal Risk Assessment and Diagnosis - August 15, 2000 - American Family Physician

Scroll down to the table that shows the ages. You'll notice that when it hits 40, it increases almost exponentially!

I guess the Duggars are Catholics? Not sure, but the Catholic Church is not too big on birth control?

Never mind me.....I'm tired and just messing around on AD after a very long day at a medieval faire.
They're actually conservative Baptists.

Duggar family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They were convinced by their "Christian doctor" that birth control was like abortion and they were against abortion.

Back