Does Society Treat the Blind any different and the Deaf?

:gpost: Thank you for saying what I wanted to say.

I'm sorry Wokamuka but it is your attitude and approach about the DeafBlind community truly disables us rather than enables us.

Quite surprisingly you claim to be employed before with the NFB, I would have been surprised with your approach.

You claim to be a bit further than others but I am sorry you are backwards emotionally and socially about the DeafBlind community in your posts.

I agree. I wonder. Was it really the National federation of the blind that he worked for. Maybe he's got it mudded with one of the other organisations FOR THE BLIND?

I agree. I wonder. Was it really the National federation of the blind that he worked for. Maybe he's got it mudded with one of the other organisations FOR THE BLIND?

The National Federation of the Blind is not "mudded" by that obscene organization. You can "mudded" my name, but, do not "mudded" the NFB.

The National Federation of the Blind is not "mudded" by that obscene organization. You can "mudded" my name, but, do not "mudded" the NFB.

Wokamuka, you need to learn how to read posts more carefully. I don't remember anyone "muddling" the name of the NFB.

By the way, the NFB is not "muddled" by *what* organization?

As usual, your posts confuse me.

Wokamuka, you need to learn how to read posts more carefully. I don't remember anyone "muddling" the name of the NFB.

By the way, the NFB is not "muddled" by *what* organization?

As usual, your posts confuse me.

i agree. as a member why would i talk bad about the NFB?

:gpost: Thank you for saying what I wanted to say.

I'm sorry Wokamuka but it is your attitude and approach about the DeafBlind community truly disables us rather than enables us.

Quite surprisingly you claim to be employed before with the NFB, I would have been surprised with your approach.

You claim to be a bit further than others but I am sorry you are backwards emotionally and socially about the DeafBlind community in your posts.

You're welcome, Mrs. Bucket. Tactile smile! :)

I think I may have posted this before, but I was walking across campus with one of my students who happens to be blind not long ago. He uses a service dog, and on our way to where we were going, there were several people who spoke to the dog, but didn't bother to speak to the student. They would pass and say "Hi, Freddie." to the dog, and no "Hi" for the student. I was WTF? There is a person on the other end of that leash, you morons!

w....o.......w......... I'm at a loss for words....

This kind of thing happens to me all the time.

never happened to me, but i what i hate is trying to have a conversation with someone and the other party talking to the person with you. it really ticks me off. I am not deaf. (on here because i want to interpret).

Re the NFB: I demand you all show up to the convention next year. I was the only deafblind person, with one exception, under 60!

Re the dog v cane issue.. dogs are hairy and smelly and work-requiring little beasts. I don't have to take my cane to the vet, or feed it, or any other hassles. :P

Re the NFB: I demand you all show up to the convention next year. I was the only deafblind person, with one exception, under 60!

Re the dog v cane issue.. dogs are hairy and smelly and work-requiring little beasts. I don't have to take my cane to the vet, or feed it, or any other hassles. :P

Hey, i was at convention!!!!! i just went to help some blind teenage students. i went to some of the DB stuff though. the new deaf blind communicator is cool.

Hey, i was at convention!!!!! i just went to help some blind teenage students. i went to some of the DB stuff though. the new deaf blind communicator is cool.

I was there during the session, but they didn't get me an interpreter! So I slept through a while and then left... haha. Someone's hearing grandmother offered to relay a bit to me... but I didn't really have any clue what they were talking about so I wasn't interested.

Back