Does Society Treat the Blind any different and the Deaf?

I was there during the session, but they didn't get me an interpreter! So I slept through a while and then left... haha.

next one pm me and if i am there and you want an interpreter i will be glad to do as much as i can.

next one pm me and if i am there and you want an interpreter i will be glad to do as much as i can.

Have no fear.. I'm apparently not the only one who had this problem, and my young friend that I met there (a deafblind boy) also was unable to access most of the events, even though he could hear a good amount with a CI... so I kicked and fussed a bit, and they agreed to set up funding for terps next year. :D

I'll definitely be there, though!

Have no fear.. I'm apparently not the only one who had this problem, and my young friend that I met there (a deafblind boy) also was unable to access most of the events, even though he could hear a good amount with a CI... so I kicked and fussed a bit, and they agreed to set up funding for terps next year. :D

I'll definitely be there, though!

i will do it for free if someone pays for me to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am not certified yet, but im not a bad signer.

I just finally finished reading this thread. First of all - let me applaud you all for being forthcoming about blind & deafblind life. This was an educating experience for me and your posts have corrected my misconceptions about blind/deafblind people.

Tactile smile! Did I do it right? :P

I just finally finished reading this thread. First of all - let me applaud you all for being forthcoming about blind & deafblind life. This was an educating experience for me and your posts have corrected my misconceptions about blind/deafblind people.

Tactile smile! Did I do it right? :P

YAY *gives Jiro big hug* :) :) :)

i will do it for free if someone pays for me to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am not certified yet, but im not a bad signer.

Hah! We thought we'd spend nothing this year... the hotel might've been around 600$ (we were there a day early and left a day late), but between the seventy restaurant visits, buying myself a banquet outfit because all I'd packed was jeans (and then going on a small little shopping binge because the mall was amazing!), investing in touristy garbage and paying to go on a day trip.. whew! We really broke the bank!

Hah! We thought we'd spend nothing this year... the hotel might've been around 600$ (we were there a day early and left a day late), but between the seventy restaurant visits, buying myself a banquet outfit because all I'd packed was jeans, investing in touristy garbage and paying to go on a day trip.. whew! We really broke the bank!

thats what sucks about dallas. Lucky me i was teaching and keeping track of kids during convention so i went free except for food... whew. but shoot, if i teach again and am there look me up. pm me if you want.

Even though I know, really, what goes on? Ah, shit, the system has gone fucked.

Deaf Blind issues SAY!

Thank goodness you don't speak on behalf of those of us who are deafblind. Thank G*d for small favors.

Woka - I think you need to take a hint.

2ni6z2c.jpg

Hear Again and others - the headline of this pix says - "Four Words for You" and then there is a pix of soldier holding up 4 fingers with other finger pointing at his 4 fingers saying - "Shut The Fok Up." There's another caption at bottom - "Take the hint, punk!"

THANK YOU, Jiro. :)

If Wokamuka thinks there is something wrong with the NFB, why the h*ll did he work for them?

Back