Does religion really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, interpretation comes from reception of information. And, each and every time a new version of a Bible is printed, it is interpreted from the last. We do not have the original Bible to compare what was written originally to what has been interpreted by man through the ages.

I disagree.. The New American Standard was translated from original languages.

Then you are behind the times. That was the 1970's. Now the scientists say that it wasn't an asteroid, and they have new theories. :D

Princeton - Weekly Bulletin 09/22/03 - Dinosaur dust-up: Princeton paleontologist produces evidence for new theory on extinction

Scientists dispute dinosaur-asteroid theory : Science and Environment : Boulder Daily Camera

That's the problem with these "theories". Every generation or so they change. Even the scientific community can't come to a permanent consensus.

I asked my both sons how dinosaur died. They answer to support my claim that dinosaur died of asteroid. :dunno2:

:ty: for provide both links.

You know that everyone including you and me learn something new everyday, it does never stop. :)

One flaw, those are based on man's knowledge and man's knowledge is extremly limited and are always changing. If it is always changing, then that means there is mistakes and always will be mistakes. Whenever man in involved, mistakes always happen because we do not have all knowledge. God however does have all knowledge because he created things we know and whole lot more that we don't know.

Yes I has to give you right on this.

Actually, Nasa always have lot of studies with proof, So I believe dinosaurs is pretty much seprate from the bible issue. But then again, everybody have their own feeling how they feel about this is their own opinons. No one was born 65 millions years ago back then.

Yes I thought the same .

Why have I repeat my post?

I already told you many times that I consider bible as history like what I accept any famous historical figures in our countries.

I know for the sure that I did said that I beleive that scriptures is the true and doubt bible interpretation because they interpreted from scriptures differently to against each other. I am surprised to see that all bibles including JW, catholic, Luthern, etc. said the same about God who killed thousand people including children and newborns.

I only accept if ALL of different relignon bible authors wrote the same about God.

See the capitalized word in post # 74....

I disagree.. The New American Standard was translated from original languages.

It is still a translation, and any translation is dependent upon interpretation of the implict and explicit meanings.

Nobody deny those history but you? Reba did not deny that God killed people including children and newborns.

I do not deny that Nazi killed Germans, Jews, Polish, polictian, etc. etc. during Nazi time in Germany..[/FONT]

I am not deny anything, I just did not know there was more. Jumping the gun?

You comparing apples to oranges. God and Hitler does not have the same principals. Hitler was racism, and God brings justice, sin terminated by death. (According to the Old Testament) Does God continue to put people to death? No, why? because Jesus paid completely for the sins of all who believe in Him. It's time to live in the present not the past.

Nope... there's Sodom and Gomorrah. ;)

And why did God killed them?

The sin of Sodom:

"She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen." (Ezekiel 16:49-50)

I am not deny anything, I just did not know there was more. Jumping the gun?

You comparing apples to oranges. God and Hitler does not have the same principals. Hitler was racism, and God brings justice, sin terminated by death. (According to the Old Testament) Does God continue to put people to death? No, why? because Jesus paid completely for the sins of all who believe in Him. It's time to live in the present not the past.

Therefore yes, you see red when we tried to convince you that God killed the people, children and newborns in several threads what we know from different bibles. You label non-religion as liar, etc. for accuse God as a murder etc. etc. etc. It shows denial.

I do not see that I compared God with Hilter´s racism. :dunno: All what I see is I only use Hilter and British Empire, etc as an example that I do not denied that they killed the people, children and newborns.

Jesus? :confused: I do not see anything about Jesus killed the people, children and newborns but God.

And why did God killed them?

The sin of Sodom:

"She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen." (Ezekiel 16:49-50)

This is Christianity´s view.

And here is link.
Interpretations of Genesis 19:

Genesis 19 is one of the most commonly cited of the half-dozen anti-homosexual "clobber" passages in the Bible.

The term "Sodomite" was originally used to refer to an inhabitant of the city of Sodom which was located somewhere in Canaan. It later became a legal term to refer to criminal sexual acts. It is now commonly used, at least on the Internet, airwaves and other media, by religious conservatives as a derogatory synonym for a homosexual.

This section discusses the full diversity of Christian interpretations of Genesis 19

Introduction: About Sodom. Interpretations by conservative and liberal Christians.

Topics from Genesis 19.

Why did God exterminate the people and the city of Sodom?

Conclusions. Who are today's Sodomites?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibg.htm

Why have I repeat my post?

I already told you many times that I consider bible as history like what I accept any famous historical figures in our countries.

I know for the sure that I did said that I beleive that scriptures is the true and doubt bible interpretation because they interpreted from scriptures differently to against each other. I am surprised to see that all bibles including JW, catholic, Luthern, etc. said the same about God who killed thousand people including children and newborns.

I only accept if ALL of different relignon bible authors wrote the same about God.
Either you accept the entire Bible is true, or you don't accept the Bible as the Word of God. It can't be both ways.

If you accept as true the "negative" parts of the Bible, then you must also accept the "positive" parts of the Bible.

If you accept the parts as true about God's judgment, then you must accept the parts as true about God's grace.

If you accept as true the destruction by God then you must also accept the creation by God.

If you accept as true the "history" of the Bible then you must also accept as true the incarnation, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and final judgment of Jesus Christ.

It all fits together. :)

Therefore yes, you see red when we tried to convince you that God killed the people, children and newborns in several threads what we know from different bibles. You label non-religion as liar, etc. for accuse God as a murder etc. etc. etc. It shows denial.

God is not a murder not in my eyes, Let's not forget You and I are two different people.

For an instance, You have a person who committed a crime, murdering someone and our question is why did this person murdered this person who hasn't done anything wrong. What this murder did was an act of evil.

God's law at the begin was that sin equal death. Sinners has offended God, God is holy he cannot have sinners in heaven. before Jesus, there was no salvation for these people. There was no solution. God only wanted to get rid of the evil disease, stops it before it grows bigger and bigger.

Jesus? :confused: I do not see anything about Jesus killed the people, children and newborns but God.[/FONT]

I did not say that, I was talking about God: Does God still kill as today?? And the answer would be "no" because Jesus paid completely for the sins of all who believe in Him.

Either you accept the entire Bible is true, or you don't accept the Bible as the Word of God. It can't be both ways.

If you accept as true the "negative" parts of the Bible, then you must also accept the "positive" parts of the Bible.

If you accept the parts as true about God's judgment, then you must accept the parts as true about God's grace.

If you accept as true the destruction by God then you must also accept the creation by God.

If you accept as true the "history" of the Bible then you must also accept as true the incarnation, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and final judgment of Jesus Christ.

It all fits together. :)

:gpost:!!

Yes, I remember you mentioned many posts in different religion threads why you are a former Christian.

Yeah thats right I am a former christian. ;)

Exactly, its about respect each other but I see nothing wrong when we debated agree to disagree in respectfully way.

Exactly, thats very simple to have some respect others if they disagree or I disagree without flame debates.

I will check Genesis 4 chapter when I am home from work.

take your time when you feel in right time to read. scripture is your best friend! ;)

Yes, same with me as well but I can't say anything against if Christian beleive in what they think is right. We can't change them but themselves.

Yes, its true. If christians have some respect others's their beliefs for their some reasons.

Yes, same with me as well but can you care to explain me what exact bibical beleiver? which bible belongs to non-religion if you say that you don't have religion.

Yes exactly, I havent any religions at all. For me, I 100% agree with the whole scripture what every word has described itself. Like AV 1161 transcrpit is original words and non context out unlike NIV, NKJV on and on.

that why I read scripture and learn from scripture verse by verse interpretation itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back