Does religion really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( I can understand that sin equal death, but does that gives God a right to kill people while on earth? why not just send them to hell after they die?
Sometimes God has to kill them before they have an opportunity to do more damage.

As NASA charts a bold new course into the future, the space agency is briefly taking a step back in time to examine a dinosaur skull. NASA scientists are using equipment at the Marshall Space Flight Center to scan the skull of a Tyrannosaurus rex. The state-of-the-art equipment was originally designed to examine rocket motor assemblies and turbine blades.

Studying dinosaurs can tell us a great deal about a period in the history of life on Earth 65 million years ago known as the K-T extinctions. Many scientists believe that during this time, the extinction of the dinosaurs was brought about by a large asteroid impact.

You can check it out. NASA - NASA Uses High-Tech X-Ray Equipment to Examine Dinosaur Skull (Nasa have the proof)

As NASA charts a bold new course into the future, the space agency is briefly taking a step back in time to examine a dinosaur skull. NASA scientists are using equipment at the Marshall Space Flight Center to scan the skull of a Tyrannosaurus rex. The state-of-the-art equipment was originally designed to examine rocket motor assemblies and turbine blades.

Studying dinosaurs can tell us a great deal about a period in the history of life on Earth 65 million years ago known as the K-T extinctions. Many scientists believe that during this time, the extinction of the dinosaurs was brought about by a large asteroid impact.

You can check it out. NASA - NASA Uses High-Tech X-Ray Equipment to Examine Dinosaur Skull (Nasa have the proof)
They have data. Data is not the same as proof. Data has to be compared with other data, analyzed and tested.

One flaw, those are based on man's knowledge and man's knowledge is extremly limited and are always changing. If it is always changing, then that means there is mistakes and always will be mistakes. Whenever man in involved, mistakes always happen because we do not have all knowledge. God however does have all knowledge because he created things we know and whole lot more that we don't know.

Agreed. And without man's involvement, there is no religion. Therefore, under your logic, all religions are dependent upon man, and therefore, subject to errors.

They have data. Data is not the same as proof. Data has to be compared with other data, analyzed and tested.

Actually, Nasa always have lot of studies with proof, So I believe dinosaurs is pretty much seprate from the bible issue. But then again, everybody have their own feeling how they feel about this is their own opinons. No one was born 65 millions years ago back then.

Agreed. And without man's involvement, there is no religion. Therefore, under your logic, all religions are dependent upon man, and therefore, subject to errors.
"Religions", yes.

Relationships with God, no.

The only thing that involved man that has no mistakes is the Bible. God directed different men over time to write the Bible.

The only thing that involved man that has no mistakes is the Bible. God directed different men over time to write the Bible.

And, thus, it was subject to man's interpretation. Especially with the number of interpretations available today.

And, thus, it was subject to man's interpretation. Especially with the number of interpretations available today.

No, it was not cause God told them excatly what word to write. Interperetation comes from READING.

If you "accept" that list as true, then you must accept the entire Bible as true, correct?

Like I said in my previous post, sin is the cause of death for all living things.

Why have I repeat my post?

I already told you many times that I consider bible as history like what I accept any famous historical figures in our countries.

I know for the sure that I did said that I beleive that scriptures is the true and doubt bible interpretation because they interpreted from scriptures differently to against each other. I am surprised to see that all bibles including JW, catholic, Luthern, etc. said the same about God who killed thousand people including children and newborns.

I only accept if ALL of different relignon bible authors wrote the same about God.

No, it was not cause God told them excatly what word to write. Interperetation comes from READING.

No, interpretation comes from reception of information. And, each and every time a new version of a Bible is printed, it is interpreted from the last. We do not have the original Bible to compare what was written originally to what has been interpreted by man through the ages.

Originally Posted by Liebling:)))
I already stated in my previous post toward Reba that all of bibles, I compared with my bibles stated the same thing about God.

And Mormon has it's own Religious. And you agree to this list, so therefore that makes you what? a Mormon? :dunno:

*sigh* Why have I repeat you? Please re-read my post.

ALL which I mean is JW, Catholic, Luthern, Prostiant, Mormon, christianity etc. etc. etc. etc. said the same about God who killed people including children and newborns. I would suggest you to read your bible or visit google to find out.

Nobody deny those history but you? Reba did not deny that God killed people including children and newborns.

I do not deny that British killed people including children and newborns in India and other countries.

I do not deny that Nazi killed Germans, Jews, Polish, polictian, etc. etc. during Nazi time in Germany.

It won´t hurt to accept the fact that history what kind of histories, they wrote about where we weren´t born at that time.

No, interpretation comes from reception of information. And, each and every time a new version of a Bible is printed, it is interpreted from the last. We do not have the original Bible to compare what was written originally to what has been interpreted by man through the ages.

*nodding agreement*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back