Does religion really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are u kidding me? How MANY huge creatures could die in one swoon fall? It take reallly mass destruction to wipe out nearly all HUGE creatures and it has been proved that dinosaurs were wiped by asteroid among scientists community. I think i ll take their words over your word.

By the way, if you believe that fossils are real then you should know that the age of dinosaurs' fossils are in same period or years.
Many creatures dying all at the same time? Yes. It's called the Great Flood. It not only killed the creatures, it buried them and preserved their fossils.

If you accept that list, then it means you accept all the facts of the Bible. Is that correct?

Bottom line, sin has been the cause of death for every living thing on earth.

I am glad that you did not deny that God killed the people including children and newborns.

Yes, I compared different bibles over my bibles that they write the same that God killed people including children and newborns. I only accept the fact what the ALL the bibles says.

WTF? No they die out due to asteriod impact. If Dinosaurs are still roaming on the earth, I dont think human would surivive unless God send fireball to earth to wipe out dinosaurs to allow human civilization to grow.

Yes, that's correct.

Yes, Dinosaurs died due to asteroid.

Funny to mention the dinosaurs, And yeah that true the were here first on earth but they sure were not listed in the bible. But the a giant asteroid crashed into the coast of Mexico nearly 65 million years ago. That what really killed the dinosaurs. :)

Exactly what I was taught at school.

That's in the book of Mormon.

I already stated in my previous post toward Reba that all of bibles, I compared with my bibles stated the same thing about God.

Like I said few days ago...

God gave us life, He has right to take it!

Religion is simply a form of worship or belief that people have in a god or gods.

There's "God", "Buddha", "Allah", etc... but who is the real god?

What if there's actually more than one god? What if there is no god?

If we look at history... there are Roman gods, Greek gods, Indian gods, Mayan gods, etc.

What if they are simply forms of advanced beings from other planets, the future, or people who simply had advanced knowledge of technology.

Magic is misunderstood or unknown technology.

Suppose I go back and meet a caveman. I simply pull out a lighter and light it up. *gasps* I'm now labeled as a Fire God! A religion has been born! ;)

Exactly. Religion historically evolves in all cultures, and is a group's way of explaining things that they don't have the knowledge or the expertise to explain. As the culture evolves, the religioun evolves. That for which we have no answer or explanation simply becomes "God's will". It is the result of man's innate desire to explain and understand his universe.

Exactly. Religion historically evolves in all cultures, and is a group's way of explaining things that they don't have the knowledge or the expertise to explain. As the culture evolves, the religioun evolves. That for which we have no answer or explanation simply becomes "God's will". It is the result of man's innate desire to explain and understand his universe.

I believe it to be other way around. Cultures evolves around religions.

I am glad that you did not deny that God killed the people including children and newborns.

Yes, I compared different bibles over my bibles that they write the same that God killed people including children and newborns. I only accept the fact what the ALL the bibles says.
If you "accept" that list as true, then you must accept the entire Bible as true, correct?

Like I said in my previous post, sin is the cause of death for all living things.

I already stated in my previous post toward Reba that all of bibles, I compared with my bibles stated the same thing about God.

And Mormon has it's own Religious. And you agree to this list, so therefore that makes you what? a Mormon? :dunno:

Exactly what I was taught at school.
Then you are behind the times. That was the 1970's. Now the scientists say that it wasn't an asteroid, and they have new theories. :D

Princeton - Weekly Bulletin 09/22/03 - Dinosaur dust-up: Princeton paleontologist produces evidence for new theory on extinction

Scientists dispute dinosaur-asteroid theory : Science and Environment : Boulder Daily Camera

That's the problem with these "theories". Every generation or so they change. Even the scientific community can't come to a permanent consensus.

Then you are behind the times. That was the 1970's. Now the scientists say that it wasn't an asteroid, and they have new theories. :D

Princeton - Weekly Bulletin 09/22/03 - Dinosaur dust-up: Princeton paleontologist produces evidence for new theory on extinction

Scientists dispute dinosaur-asteroid theory : Science and Environment : Boulder Daily Camera

That's the problem with these "theories". Every generation or so they change. Even the scientific community can't come to a permanent consensus.

That's right, that's why I don't take Scientists word on all accounts. :)

You are entitled to your belief, but anthropology, sociology, theology, and psychology disagrees with you.

One flaw, those are based on man's knowledge and man's knowledge is extremly limited and are always changing. If it is always changing, then that means there is mistakes and always will be mistakes. Whenever man in involved, mistakes always happen because we do not have all knowledge. God however does have all knowledge because he created things we know and whole lot more that we don't know.

Like I said few days ago...

God gave us life, He has right to take it!

:( I can understand that sin equal death, but does that gives God a right to kill people while on earth? why not just send them to hell after they die?

:( I can understand that sin equal death, but does that gives God a right to kill people while on earth? why not just send them to hell after they die?

Whatever action God takes, it is result of something that has happened. We do not always know why but there is a reason behind everything God decides to do.

Whatever action God takes, it is result of something that has happened. We do not always know why but there is a reason behind everything God decides to do.

Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back