Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Do not know for sure

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No, scare to trust the banks that will happen to you

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, trust the banks for some reasons

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
The credit card companies see that you filed a personal bankrupt, and it freezes your card until 7 years.

The credit card companies see that you filed a personal bankrupt, and it freezes your card until 7 years.

I went though some hard time after my graduation. And I dont need those cards anymore cuz I'm planning to return to school to get my degree then I'll have a good job by then

I went though some hard time after my graduation. And I dont need those cards anymore cuz I'm planning to return to school to get my degree then I'll have a good job by then

I am sorry. I hope that you will be fine after that. Please do not use a debit card from a bank, and it is absolutely never a good idea.

Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are okay because they give you 28 grace days that give you time to write your checks or pay online.

I am sorry. I hope that you will be fine after that. Please do not use a debit card from a bank, and it is absolutely never a good idea.

Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are okay because they give you 28 grace days that give you time to write your checks or pay online.

whoo a little good debate going on here... tell me why it's not a good idea... I have a visa card but I do treat it as debit... mind telling me why? ;)

whoo a little good debate going on here... tell me why it's not a good idea... I have a visa card but I do treat it as debit... mind telling me why? ;)

Oh really? Uh. When you buy and charge it with your debit card. The store immediately takes the money out of your bank. If your bank balance is low, you have to remind yourself to put more money in the account before you use the card.

My two friends had a debit card, and they filed a personal bankrupt. One of my friends is getting a clear up a record in 7 years, and she will get a credit card from now on.

If you use a credit card, it allows you have time to pay your bill even your bank balance is low. In that way, you can put it in the bank within 28 days. That's what I do. Now, I pay online instead of driving to Post Office because it saves my gas. I don't put my bills in my mailbox because some crook kid steals some letters before the mail person pick them up. It happened to my two neighbors twice, and they did not touch mine yet.

Your company can wires your employee checks or SSI directly to your bank if you want to. I never have this problem. I just get tired waiting in a long line in the bank to deposit it in my account after work - it takes a half hour for me to deposit it. The worst part is getting into a heavy traffic after work to the bank. It is just pain the ass.

Oh really? Uh. When you buy and charge it with your debit card. The store immediately takes the money out of your bank. If your bank balance is low, you have to remind yourself to put more money in the account before you use the card.

My two friends had a debit card, and they filed a personal bankrupt. One of my friends is getting a clear up a record in 7 years, and she will get a credit card from now on.

If you use a credit card, it allows you have time to pay your bill even your bank balance is low. In that way, you can put it in the bank within 28 days. That's what I do. Now, I pay online instead of driving to Post Office because it saves my gas. I don't put my bills in my mailbox because some crook kid steals some letters before the mail person pick them up. It happened to my two neighbors twice, and they did not touch mine yet.

Your company can wires your employee checks or SSI directly to your bank if you want to. I never have this problem. I just get tired waiting in a long line in the bank to deposit it in my account after work - it takes a half hour for me to deposit it. The worst part is getting into a heavy traffic after work to the bank. It is just pain the ass.

Now I understood what you meant, I have no problem using debit. Some people prefer "buy now, pay later". I prefer "buy now, pay NOW!" But you're right if I can't pay now but pay later, I cld do that but I have no problem lately cuz I always keep track of my charges etc. I don't spend everything at once, I don't like the idea of my money like mountain. getting money then going broke... I rather like stable money... I know what to spend etc...

I prefer direct deposit from work check instead of going to bank etc will delay my time etc. Direct deposit make me easy to pay my bills online, all of them except my car payment charges online so I only use one stamp a month :lol:

My reason for filing bankruptcy is due to credit cards...

I had no problem with debit card. I rather use debit card over credit card why???save cost charge fee. Also help you pervent temption use credit card to maxed it out then fell behind owe payment the balance.

My reason for filing bankruptcy is due to credit cards...

I do not understand how you got trouble with your credit cards.

I do not even trust any debit card. I am just stunned that some people have a habit to use the card without thinking. You know some things are totally not necessary. It's okay if you NEED to buy something, but the word "have" is No No. - i.e. I have to buy this and that.

Web, I don't understand why you don't trust debit cards. They are tied to your checking account so if you always balance your checking account & know how much there is, it is the same as cash with the protection of a credit card if you buy a defective product.

I do not understand how you got trouble with your credit cards.

I do not even trust any debit card. I am just stunned that some people have a habit to use the card without thinking. You know some things are totally not necessary. It's okay if you NEED to buy something, but the word "have" is No No. - i.e. I have to buy this and that.

Some were from hardship, car accident. I'm not gonna get into details. I have my good reason. I've tried my best to reason with my credit card companies and they refuse to give me a chance so I decide to speak with a bankruptcy lawyer, they suggested me to stop pay them since they CC company didn't want to reason with me so their loss... I'm not gonna worry or explain more in details..

Cheers

I trust the bank I'm currently with, yes. Have disliked banks in the past.

I don't trust Bank of America. I used to have an account with them. The type of account I had was a Versatel account. Basically, that account was for those who do all transactions through the ATM machines. I could still withdraw money, deposit money, and cash checks inside the bank anyway.

I would often write down everything I did in my balance book. Sometimes, I forget... but add it later. One day, I was going to get a haircut. I had forgotten to update my balance book a few days before, but it didn't concern me since all checks I write are deposited into the bank on the next day and with that being days ago, my update balance could easily be retrieved by phone. So, I called the bank to ask them how much I had in the bank. They told me that I had $15 in the bank. This was just right since I only needed to write a check for $11 for my haircut. I proceeded to get my hair cut and wrote a check for $11 to that place.

A month later, I received a letter in the mail. It was a warning letter informing me that two of my checks had bounced. WTF!? What the hell happened?

Upon research, it turned out that the last check I wrote days before my haircut was never deposited until a week later. That check was for $20. Since I only had $15 in the bank, that caused my check to bounce. The bank charged me $30 for that bounced check. That brought my balance from $15 to -$15. Now, the recent check for $11 won't be covered. That check was sent to the bank a couple days later. Since $11 is obviously higher than -$15, the check bounced and the bank charged me another $30. Now, I owe the bank $45. When the first business (who deposited my check a week later) received my check, they tried again a week later. The bank charged me another $30. That makes -$75. The haircut place received my check and decided to try again. Another $30! Both places stopped sending the check to the bank after two attempts. That made the grand total... -$105!!! The whole time this was happening, the bank didn't even bother to send me an immediate warning letter nor did they bother to call me and inform me of the problem. They just waited until their "monthly" letters were sent out to inform me. Oh, I forgot to add... they added another $30 for overwithdraw fee and another fee for having a negative balance past the monthly date. I ended up having to pay the bank over $135! Luckily, a few days later... I got my paycheck from the job I was working at. Most of that paycheck went to cover that negative balance. I also closed my account at the same time and left.

Oh yeah, you're probably thinking... "If Vampy had been keeping proper track in his balance book, he would have been fine." Well, you're right. However, in this case... it wouldn't have worked anyway. A month before all of this happened, the bank changed their policy and limited Versatel account holders to using the ATM for all transactions. If they did any type of transaction at the teller instead of the ATM, they would be charged $1.50 per transaction. Of course, I never received any information or letter on this. So, for that whole month... all transactions I did cost me $1.50. When I performed my transaction, they never told me that $1.50 was being charged to my account. That is what caused the actual balance to be screwed up... not my balance book.

When I went to the bank to complain and pay for my negative balance in person, they informed me that there would be a $1.50 charge. That was when I found out and realized what had happened. I even tried to argue with them, but they simply shrugged their shoulders and said that there was nothing they could do. THAT was the final straw... screw them! I closed my account. Never went back there again.

Today, I am using Wells Fargo. So far, no problems. :) They're actually very communicative with me. :)
The same as you, Why not you apply protection overdraft? I suggest that you go to your local bank about protection overdraft and they are more happy to help you.. I was happy that they were a big help. No problem at all.. By the way i been using Well Fargo Bank..

VamPyroX

Well, you shouldn't use the ATM card anyway. All banks do not need to remind us. Of course, they want our money in a tiny way for them to make profit without a notice - like the fine prints.

I received a Visa bill that has an advertisement on the paper. It stated that your gifts will be wrapped beautifully if you order some items that will be added bonuses on your bill. What a rotten statement! Of course, the fine prints.

Why we need to pay more money for protection overdraft?

Back