• No, scare to trust the banks that will happen to you

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, trust the banks for some reasons

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

Throwstones

Reaction score
Do you trust your bank or any banks?

Please can you care explain us, Why you're stated "Do you trust your bank or any banks?"

So Everyone like to hear your comment.. :D

GalaxyAngel said:
Please can you care explain us, Why you're stated "Do you trust your bank or any banks?"

So Everyone like to hear your comment.. :D

I have bad situation with my bank. My bank authorized to close my account without my knowledge due to bad or fraud check that I do not know nothing about it. They told me that I will NEVER re-open my account again at that bank in the future.

Second, each time I go to my bank and cash it. The teller tends to ask me for what the check uses? I become puzzled several times and become not like it. I feel they are so nosey in my personal. It is not same before. It turns worse on every banks now.. Even SSA did show me the paper from the bank that my parents use my ssn for mutual funds or something like that as it is for trustee only. I told SSA that I do nothing to know about it and do not handle it. It is for my parents' wishing. SSA can look at my bank accounts no matter what..

Third, sometimes bank did deduct money from my account without my knowledge and without explaining etc...

Forth, I feel very strong that in the future BANK will be under one world controlling. That is why I do not trust any bank anyway.

Ahh... I get it now..

Banks should have ask you permission before tranisit the account.

My banks is great fine so far... I kept track and checking and to make sure everything okay... My funds still in it...
That is it.

Probably yours more different as reason of SSA..
Im not knowledge about SSA simalir alike SSDI ?

I have zero problem with bank for over 23 years. I also have zero problem with ATM and direct deposit for about 18 years!

In reality, banks are being watched by FDIC and if one bank illegally took even one penny from any account, they will deal with FDIC big time. So therefore banks can NOT afford mess with "Trust" otherwise they will lose their business outright. Had it happened? Yes, you can bet on it.

The problem I often see people that had trouble with banks is that they don't follow the rules strictly! Many of them don't read the agreements, for example if you had your account dropped below say 1,500 dollars there will be service charge of 8 dollars a month. But if you were smart, never go below 1,500 dollars you'd never be charged! Also, I often seen people whine about service charges on the Debit transactions at shopping, most of the time if you use "Credit" instead of "Debit" bank won't charge you. Unfortunately banks and stores are so clever trying to weed money out of you because you failed to follow the rules. Stores WANTS you to use "Debit" instead of "Credit" because stores will have to pay a merchant fee for any "Credit" Transaction while they (Stores) don't have to pay any fees for "Debit" transactions.

I never pay a dime for my checking account for years! This one is the best I have, "Totally free checking", there are hidden fees that I ALREADY aware and know and effectively avoided them. There are rules in there that I followed exactly and actually end up got 200 dollars in my pocket for FREE! I love it! Plus I get free check books for life, free online banking as long as I have direct deposit. Hey, sometimes banks charges for checking account that don't get direct deposits.

Again, if you read DAMN carefully and play by the rules you will find yourself never pay anything to the poor bank! If you don't pay attention to the rules, then don't whine and complain and blame to the banks!

I has no problem with bank as long as I follow their rules. :dunno:

Throwstones said:
I have bad situation with my bank. My bank authorized to close my account without my knowledge due to bad or fraud check that I do not know nothing about it. They told me that I will NEVER re-open my account again at that bank in the future.

Second, each time I go to my bank and cash it. The teller tends to ask me for what the check uses? I become puzzled several times and become not like it. I feel they are so nosey in my personal. It is not same before. It turns worse on every banks now.. Even SSA did show me the paper from the bank that my parents use my ssn for mutual funds or something like that as it is for trustee only. I told SSA that I do nothing to know about it and do not handle it. It is for my parents' wishing. SSA can look at my bank accounts no matter what..

Third, sometimes bank did deduct money from my account without my knowledge and without explaining etc...

Forth, I feel very strong that in the future BANK will be under one world controlling. That is why I do not trust any bank anyway.

i know you mean your parent wants your ssi money to mutual fund. that means your parent tried to put money in retirement. that something relates to investment or 401K retirement?

I don't trust Bank of America. I used to have an account with them. The type of account I had was a Versatel account. Basically, that account was for those who do all transactions through the ATM machines. I could still withdraw money, deposit money, and cash checks inside the bank anyway.

I would often write down everything I did in my balance book. Sometimes, I forget... but add it later. One day, I was going to get a haircut. I had forgotten to update my balance book a few days before, but it didn't concern me since all checks I write are deposited into the bank on the next day and with that being days ago, my update balance could easily be retrieved by phone. So, I called the bank to ask them how much I had in the bank. They told me that I had $15 in the bank. This was just right since I only needed to write a check for $11 for my haircut. I proceeded to get my hair cut and wrote a check for $11 to that place.

A month later, I received a letter in the mail. It was a warning letter informing me that two of my checks had bounced. WTF!? What the hell happened?

Upon research, it turned out that the last check I wrote days before my haircut was never deposited until a week later. That check was for $20. Since I only had $15 in the bank, that caused my check to bounce. The bank charged me $30 for that bounced check. That brought my balance from $15 to -$15. Now, the recent check for $11 won't be covered. That check was sent to the bank a couple days later. Since $11 is obviously higher than -$15, the check bounced and the bank charged me another $30. Now, I owe the bank $45. When the first business (who deposited my check a week later) received my check, they tried again a week later. The bank charged me another $30. That makes -$75. The haircut place received my check and decided to try again. Another $30! Both places stopped sending the check to the bank after two attempts. That made the grand total... -$105!!! The whole time this was happening, the bank didn't even bother to send me an immediate warning letter nor did they bother to call me and inform me of the problem. They just waited until their "monthly" letters were sent out to inform me. Oh, I forgot to add... they added another $30 for overwithdraw fee and another fee for having a negative balance past the monthly date. I ended up having to pay the bank over $135! Luckily, a few days later... I got my paycheck from the job I was working at. Most of that paycheck went to cover that negative balance. I also closed my account at the same time and left.

Oh yeah, you're probably thinking... "If Vampy had been keeping proper track in his balance book, he would have been fine." Well, you're right. However, in this case... it wouldn't have worked anyway. A month before all of this happened, the bank changed their policy and limited Versatel account holders to using the ATM for all transactions. If they did any type of transaction at the teller instead of the ATM, they would be charged $1.50 per transaction. Of course, I never received any information or letter on this. So, for that whole month... all transactions I did cost me $1.50. When I performed my transaction, they never told me that $1.50 was being charged to my account. That is what caused the actual balance to be screwed up... not my balance book.

When I went to the bank to complain and pay for my negative balance in person, they informed me that there would be a $1.50 charge. That was when I found out and realized what had happened. I even tried to argue with them, but they simply shrugged their shoulders and said that there was nothing they could do. THAT was the final straw... screw them! I closed my account. Never went back there again.

Today, I am using Wells Fargo. So far, no problems. :) They're actually very communicative with me. :)

VamPyroX said:
I don't trust Bank of America. I used to have an account with them. The type of account I had was a Versatel account. Basically, that account was for those who do all transactions through the ATM machines. I could still withdraw money, deposit money, and cash checks inside the bank anyway.

I would often write down everything I did in my balance book. Sometimes, I forget... but add it later. One day, I was going to get a haircut. I had forgotten to update my balance book a few days before, but it didn't concern me since all checks I write are deposited into the bank on the next day and with that being days ago, my update balance could easily be retrieved by phone. So, I called the bank to ask them how much I had in the bank. They told me that I had $15 in the bank. This was just right since I only needed to write a check for $11 for my haircut. I proceeded to get my hair cut and wrote a check for $11 to that place.

A month later, I received a letter in the mail. It was a warning letter informing me that two of my checks had bounced. WTF!? What the hell happened?

Upon research, it turned out that the last check I wrote days before my haircut was never deposited until a week later. That check was for $20. Since I only had $15 in the bank, that caused my check to bounce. The bank charged me $30 for that bounced check. That brought my balance from $15 to -$15. Now, the recent check for $11 won't be covered. That check was sent to the bank a couple days later. Since $11 is obviously higher than -$15, the check bounced and the bank charged me another $30. Now, I owe the bank $45. When the first business (who deposited my check a week later) received my check, they tried again a week later. The bank charged me another $30. That makes -$75. The haircut place received my check and decided to try again. Another $30! Both places stopped sending the check to the bank after two attempts. That made the grand total... -$105!!! The whole time this was happening, the bank didn't even bother to send me an immediate warning letter nor did they bother to call me and inform me of the problem. They just waited until their "monthly" letters were sent out to inform me. Oh, I forgot to add... they added another $30 for overwithdraw fee and another fee for having a negative balance past the monthly date. I ended up having to pay the bank over $135! Luckily, a few days later... I got my paycheck from the job I was working at. Most of that paycheck went to cover that negative balance. I also closed my account at the same time and left.

Oh yeah, you're probably thinking... "If Vampy had been keeping proper track in his balance book, he would have been fine." Well, you're right. However, in this case... it wouldn't have worked anyway. A month before all of this happened, the bank changed their policy and limited Versatel account holders to using the ATM for all transactions. If they did any type of transaction at the teller instead of the ATM, they would be charged $1.50 per transaction. Of course, I never received any information or letter on this. So, for that whole month... all transactions I did cost me $1.50. When I performed my transaction, they never told me that $1.50 was being charged to my account. That is what caused the actual balance to be screwed up... not my balance book.

When I went to the bank to complain and pay for my negative balance in person, they informed me that there would be a $1.50 charge. That was when I found out and realized what had happened. I even tried to argue with them, but they simply shrugged their shoulders and said that there was nothing they could do. THAT was the final straw... screw them! I closed my account. Never went back there again.

Today, I am using Wells Fargo. So far, no problems. :) They're actually very communicative with me. :)

You are not only person to have problem with Bank of America. I had problem with Bank of America too.. THey authorized to close my checking account in 1999 or 2000 without my knowledge.

Somebody told me about Wells Fargo that is good bank and trustworthy. I will try to apply there. But I have concerned that all of banks requires chexsystems that means they can check your credit check/background before you can open your new accounts. I did apply several banks but they turned me down because of my bad credit which I still owe to Bank of Oklahoma (it was not my fault it was fraud check from someone else). I did report to police for fraudelet check that someone use false name and bank name etc... through internet and make a check to me past year. The bank told me to pay this obligation first then let them check chexsystem again then will decide to let me having new account or not. THat is making worse for anyone who can't have to open new account at any banks. It is more likelly strict than before.

starrygaze said:
i know you mean your parent wants your ssi money to mutual fund. that means your parent tried to put money in retirement. that something relates to investment or 401K retirement?

It is not relating to retirement. it is just an investment only when my parents die then i will get it from them.

Oh? You don't trust your banks because you couldn't balance your finances and your checks got bounced - well, it's all YOUR FAULT! It doesn't matter when they cashed your checks, you HAVE to maintain your balance at ALL TIMES, not rely on statements from ATM or internet.

Banks have the RIGHT to close your account if you fail to take responsiblity of your own money. It's that simple!

Good grief, get serious and take responsiblity for your failures!

Like what I say in my previous post that you check their rules first before you open your new account there. You can look other bank if you disagree with bank´s rules.

Same here, I HATE HATE BOA. its piece of shyt. all they do is rip us off

VamPyroX said:

Same here Im using Wells Fargo, AWSOME BANK!!!

Wow! I plan to open my account at that bank next week. That's terrible! I decided to use a different bank. Sorry that you had to deal with the problem.

I have my checking and savings accounts, and my car loan, at the Federal Credit Union. I only had one problem, one time, with one teller. It was fixed immediately. I always keep my eye on my accounts.

VamPyroX said:

I almost was going to account with bank of america few years back...my instinct was telling me not to do it...I had funny feelings so I asked bunch of questions and knew immeadiately the bank of america couldnt be trusted! I left and account into different bank...

I have zero problem with bank for over 23 years. I also have zero problem with ATM and direct deposit for about 18 years!

I dont have problem with debit card and direct deposit at my bank for two years I believe...there were other bank that I didnt have problem either..I admit I had problems not keeping up with my check book that caused alot of bounced which it was my fault...I have to pay the conquences for paying monthly to the D.A. for checks bounced! I have one year left to pay!

In reality, banks are being watched by FDIC and if one bank illegally took even one penny from any account, they will deal with FDIC big time. So therefore banks can NOT afford mess with "Trust" otherwise they will lose their business outright. Had it happened? Yes, you can bet on it.

I agree with you!

The problem I often see people that had trouble with banks is that they don't follow the rules strictly! Many of them don't read the agreements, for example if you had your account dropped below say 1,500 dollars there will be service charge of 8 dollars a month. But if you were smart, never go below 1,500 dollars you'd never be charged! Also, I often seen people whine about service charges on the Debit transactions at shopping, most of the time if you use "Credit" instead of "Debit" bank won't charge you. Unfortunately banks and stores are so clever trying to weed money out of you because you failed to follow the rules. Stores WANTS you to use "Debit" instead of "Credit" because stores will have to pay a merchant fee for any "Credit" Transaction while they (Stores) don't have to pay any fees for "Debit" transactions.

Good thing my bank doesnt required below or above...only requires to have 0.01 cent...:lol: I love my bank and very happy with it...these people are very friendly! I never seen any stores asking me for debit card...they just ask which credit card or cash or checking...they dont ask for directly debit card here...

I never pay a dime for my checking account for years! This one is the best I have, "Totally free checking", there are hidden fees that I ALREADY aware and know and effectively avoided them. There are rules in there that I followed exactly and actually end up got 200 dollars in my pocket for FREE! I love it! Plus I get free check books for life, free online banking as long as I have direct deposit. Hey, sometimes banks charges for checking account that don't get direct deposits.

I dont have to pay a dime for my checking account either...but I made the choice for not to have check book...it is my weakness so I avoid it...I use money order or cash for the bills...WOW, you got 200 dollars in your pocket...what bank do you use? My bank doesnt charges for checking acct with direct deposits...its free..:D

Again, if you read DAMN carefully and play by the rules you will find yourself never pay anything to the poor bank! If you don't pay attention to the rules, then don't whine and complain and blame to the banks!

Coorect! I agree with ya...I learned my huge lesson not to write so many checks...thats why I dont use it anymore to avoid my weakness...it works smoothly for me!

There is no minimum balance required for free checking at my bank. Also, no fees for debit card use. In fact, the bank pays me interest (called dividends) on my savings and checking accounts. The only thing I pay for is my safety deposit box.

Back