• Do not know for sure

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No, scare to trust the banks that will happen to you

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes, trust the banks for some reasons

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
My two banks with great experiences:

1) Checking / savings account with Washington Mutual in CA. Zero problems. Was able to get married and convert account into a joint account. Wife started having problems, I didn't.

2) Moved to Missouri, switched over to U.S. Bank from WaMu because WaMu didn't exist in the MidWest. No problems there again for me, but my wife had difficulties (mostly ATM card problems and various address changes).

I'll stick with those two, until I somehow move out to the east coast. I absolutely abhor BOA (Bank of America) and will refuse to use them, no matter the alternative.

I had a problem with some tellers. They counted the money too fast like flash in one second. I told them to do it again and slow down so that I watch them to count the money. Last week, I was tired of asking her again, and took the money home. I discovered that the teller missed a 20 dollars bill. I went back to tell her, and she looked disappointment so she talked her manager about it. I went home. I got a letter from her manager that she deposited it in my account. The teller was not too pleasant. It was not my fault. A third time, they missed from a few coins to one dollar which is not big deal to me. I am going to close my account. I cannot deal with them for their mistake.

A few years ago, I know a few tellers, and they don't count them too fast. Now, everything is changed which is not something not right about it.

I am happy with my bank, doing business with BOA for 23 years and no problems. Interest what others say about it but it goes same with other banks. all banks are same with pentaly on bounce checks.

I advise you to use "pre paid" credit card that way you put cash in your account at any loan stores before you use it. It is so helpful better than having a bank with problem! I have 3 "pre paid" credit cards and really love them.

This is true story. My deaf old classmate from my school arrested by police at the bank. The deafies instantly gossiped to me at the bowling few months ago. So I decided to see her at the library. She told me everything I shocked!!!!!!!

She said that she just received the check from someone else. She took it to the bank. The teller was acting so slowly while she counted money and pushed button to police. The Police come in and arrested my friend. They said, "You remain to silence in arrest .." like that. but no interpreter for her??? It violates her rights! So.. she asked for lawyer when detective keep asking her. She refused to answer and asked for lawyer. Till she got a lawyer. She found out that the check was very serious forged that means someone erased off the inks from the check and re-do to write it. It is against the law. So my friend is so innocent and nothing to know about it. So she stayed in jail for 2 weeks and went to the court. Her probation was supposed to be 5 years but reduced to 2 years. The lawyer knew that she is innocent but had to be guilt plea no matter if she is innocent or not due to probation reduces. So she warned me to watch out on anyone's IM to us or any of you because she found out that someone pretends to be deaf but someone is truly hearing person. therefore someone used deaf people to look bad instead of hearing people. Be careful with anyone who fools u on AIM or Yahoo. That is very risk for that causing! I shocked to hear this.

I'm surprised to read such negative posts on BoA here because I have been using that bank for 4 years yet NO problem at all so far. One of the best banks I ever experienced with.

Guess that it sometime can happen to somebody but rather more than often it's customer's fault in the first place (I'm not pointing them at you, really, but of generally speaking.) After all they are run by humans who bounce to be at fault at least seldomly. Deal with it lol.

I had some bad experience with BankOne at least several times in the past .. it's one of the worst banks out there .. don't do business with them! In fact, I wasn't alone .. there were numbered stories between the deaf community in the Indy area that had the vary kind of problems with BankOne.

Throwstones said:
This is true story. My deaf old classmate from my school arrested by police at the bank. The deafies instantly gossiped to me at the bowling few months ago. So I decided to see her at the library. She told me everything I shocked!!!!!!!

She said that she just received the check from someone else. She took it to the bank. The teller was acting so slowly while she counted money and pushed button to police. The Police come in and arrested my friend. They said, "You remain to silence in arrest .." like that. but no interpreter for her??? It violates her rights! So.. she asked for lawyer when detective keep asking her. She refused to answer and asked for lawyer. Till she got a lawyer. She found out that the check was very serious forged that means someone erased off the inks from the check and re-do to write it. It is against the law. So my friend is so innocent and nothing to know about it. So she stayed in jail for 2 weeks and went to the court. Her probation was supposed to be 5 years but reduced to 2 years. The lawyer knew that she is innocent but had to be guilt plea no matter if she is innocent or not due to probation reduces. So she warned me to watch out on anyone's IM to us or any of you because she found out that someone pretends to be deaf but someone is truly hearing person. therefore someone used deaf people to look bad instead of hearing people. Be careful with anyone who fools u on AIM or Yahoo. That is very risk for that causing! I shocked to hear this.

Oh my dear! I feel bad for your friend. I can't believe after read your post... *speechless*

The banker must have READ the cheque that someone wrote to name your friend, not your friend. The banker supposed to inform your friend that the she is being cheat by someone with cheque and then report the name of cheque who wrote for your friend to police, not your friend. It's police's job to look for someone who cheat your friend with cheque.

Liebling:-))) said:
Oh my dear! I feel bad for your friend. I can't believe after read your post... *speechless*

The banker must have READ the cheque that someone wrote to name your friend, not your friend. The banker supposed to inform your friend that the she is being cheat by someone with cheque and then report the name of cheque who wrote for your friend to police, not your friend. It's police's job to look for someone who cheat your friend with cheque.

That's right. It makes a sense. ?? --> "your friend, not your friend."

I have zero problem with bank for over 23 years. I also have zero problem with ATM and direct deposit for about 18 years!

In reality, banks are being watched by FDIC and if one bank illegally took even one penny from any account, they will deal with FDIC big time. So therefore banks can NOT afford mess with "Trust" otherwise they will lose their business outright. Had it happened? Yes, you can bet on it.

I have no problem with my bank either for over 20 years. *knock the wood* I have FDIC protection my account and debit card too.

You feel not trust your own bank..

Why don't you use...
piggybank.jpg

Help your piggy gainned the weight... Piggy will happy serve for you... :D

webexplorer said:
That's right. It makes a sense. ?? --> "your friend, not your friend."

Excuse me for my grammar... I typed too fast without think twice.

I should say:

The banker must have READ the cheque that it´s someone who name your friend and should call police on someone instead of arrest your friend for fraud.

I should say:

The banker must have READ the cheque that it´s someone who name your friend and should call police on someone instead of arrest your friend for fraud.

I agree with you 100% It is not my friend's fault. The bank's fault put wrong processing against my friend for no reason. Look for someone who write check, it is someone's fault!

My bank did report to canadian police about fraud check which someone write a check to me. it is not me. So they already took care of it.

I should say:

Oh, That's all right!! :)

Throwstones said:

if your friend is innocent, there must have evidence that the check has written something. She has right to sue against the bank since there is no proof expect this incident. Are there another evidences against her? If not, she can win on her case. Maybe her lawyer does not good job.

Mookie said:
if your friend is innocent, there must have evidence that the check has written something. She has right to sue against the bank since there is no proof expect this incident. Are there another evidences against her? If not, she can win on her case. Maybe her lawyer does not good job.

YOu are right! My deaf friend is poor and on SSI... I will talk her again when I have time. I will encourage her to get attorney but she can't afford to get a lawyer but can get legal aids in some way.

In the future, the bank will be under 666 as one world control according the Bible says. No one can cash it at any store unless use mark of 666 on the hands or forehead.

"And he(beast) causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six (666)."

Revelation 13:16-18 (KJV)

"The second beast also forced all people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to have a mark on their right hand or on their forehead. No one could buy or sell without this mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This takes wisdom. Let the one who has understanding find the meaning of the number, which is the number of a person. Its number is six hundred sixty-six (666)."[/I] Revelation 13:16-18 (NCV)

The (Anti-Christ) beast of 666 know where you are etc even know your bank account and identication etc... etc.... A to Z... you can't escape from the breast of 666 when once you are sealed by 666. Or you do not want 666 on your hand or forehead then you will die. You make choice to follow Jesus or Beast of 666 (Anti-Christ).

To me, it is for me not to buy 666 from Anti-Christ. Because I already accepted Jesus as My personal Savior and belong to God the Father in heaven through Jesus the Messiah who died for my sins. My name is in book of Life when I will be either rapture to meet Jesus into cloud or die and go to heaven to meet Jesus. 666 is too dangerous for you if you believe in False Anti Christ. Please check your heart what you do with your life when you will die and where you will go after you die??? Do not wait till last minutes and you will be very sorry. Plus, do not be too late!

"For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."

II Corithians 6:2 (KJV)

"God says, 'At the right time I heard your prayers. On the day of salvation I help you.' (Isaiah 49:8) I tell you that the "right time is now, and the "day of salvation" is now." II Corinthians 6:2 (NCV)

Do you know what it means to you? Time of Salvation is NOW which is not saying to wait or postpone till last minutes. What if you die tomorrow? Are you ready? You would say to wait or postpone till get saved and die but tomorrow you die without excepting? What make different to you? It is better for you to take the word from GOD and it is time to accept Jesus as your Personal Savior. Because salvation is your safe than be sorry. Please take your thinking about it and get ready to accept Jesus as your Personal Savior"

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Romans 10:9, 10

That means you agree to confess with your ASL to Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God the Father raised him from the dead, you will be saved. That is important message for you to know.

If you want to consider how to pray and receive Jesus as Your Personal Savior, Then I will help you how to pray . Any questions, do not hesiste to contact me at anytime on IM or email either.

God bless you!

Throwstones for Jesus :angel:

Last edited:
In the future, the bank will be under 666 as one world control according the Bible says. No one can cash it at any store unless use mark of 666 on the hands or forehead.

You're a looney.

netrox said:
You're a looney.

Lol! It is not me.. It is from GOD's speaking the word in the bible. YOu do not directly tell me about looney, you have to tell God about looney issues. Because he is the author of the Bible.

*laughs* I love this topic. I assume you mean "trust them as a customer" of the bank. This is as opposed to trusting them as an investor, or an external stakeholder.

My answer is yes. Yes, I trust them to enforce their policies well. If, for example, Bob goes one cent over his credit card limit, I trust them to bill Bob a twenty-dollar fine almost immediately. They are very reliable in this regard. When they accidentially double-bill Bob for a total of $40, I trust them not to catch their mistake and make Bob pay $40 when he should pay only $20. Again, they are very reliable.

Generally, however, I do not deal with banks. Banks offer a very low interest on a savings account; Washington Mutual may give you 0.85%. Inflation is 3%, which, loosely means you lose about 2.15% of your money every year in a Washington Mutual savings account. (You lose 3% of your money every year just leaving it under your mattress, by the way)

The reason why people go to banks is because banks have the perk of being liquid. You can put your money in the bank and take it out anytime. With more traditional investment vehicles (stocks, bonds, real estate), it's harder to take out your money (less liquid).

Generally, putting my money in T-bills and the like actually keeps my savings comfortably liquid while returning much more on the investment than a bank ever will and thus I usually avoid banks. I do use them for some things, but saving my money isn't one of them.

It is updating on the bank issue! I took my friend to the bank for opening new account. She found out that her credit declined by bank then can't have new accounting at the bank. They told her to check with credit report company about her credit rankings and others.. I realize every banks will NOT let anyone who have bad credits to open new accountings at this time.

Back