Do you Rent or Own?

Do you live in?

• Total voters
Will any of you please show me a picture of condo's and Trailer.

I don't know what is it?

To me, Trailer is at the back of the car towing with any goods to store stuffs instead of the truck/boots.

I'm buying a three bedroom house. This is going on the 2nd year that I've had it. Got a great deal on it. I think thats because it needed a little work and its haunted. :evil:

I forgot what these landlord looked like! I also forgot whats like to pay rents!
I haven't seen lease for 4 years already! I may be senile!

Nah, actually I am glad that I have mortgage and my mortgage is alot cheaper than most rental around my neighborhood!!! I am serious! I couldn't believe how cheap mortgage these days! In the last 4 years is the best time to buy house. Because interest rate is at 40 years low. Meaning those with bad credit could easily get good interest rate.

As homeowner, I found it to be alot easier to handle budget than renting!!! Water, gas, electric bills ain't that bad. Some of you say rent is included with utilities. Actually your paying them and whenever utilities goes up, the rent goes up. Same with property taxes. For renter, they pay "Commerical" property taxes, instead of "Homestead" property taxes which is cheaper.

I could remodel my house whatever I wanted!!! I am remodeling my basement into family room. Its HUGE!!! I love it, and I could throw in nice hot tub in my back yard if I wanted to.

I am not saying that homeowner is for everybody. If you plan to stay for a long time, then owning home is best, but if your planning to move around alot then renting is better.

I have three bedroom with HUGE backyard! You could play football there! Or you could go in front of my house and play baseball! There is park in plain and clear view from my house! No houses across street! These for the monthly that is less than what I had paid for rent in the past!

deaflibrarian said:
Condo = apartment that you own instead of rent
Trailer = mobile home

Ahhh!!

We call Mobile home a CARAVAN here.

Condo - we call it apartment or rent a flat.

Thank you!

Miss*Pinocchio said:
I am sorry, Cheri. that was last year? hmmm...

Ckfarbes, that is why I don't want to live in California...
the rent is too high... and have to get a roommate,
I can't afford $1,000 a month rent, ack.

In Tennessee, I can use my SSI to pay for the new apartment
they built here. $450 a month rent here ... don't need roommate.
And I can have a fireplace, stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer and other
appliances. Cool huh?

Not all of California are expensive - it just depends where in the state. I live in small town in California and it's much cheaper than Los Angeles / San Francisco / San Diego! Houses in my hometown can be bought for around 100K to 150K. Rent are cheap here too - most apt are around $350 - $450.

Tamara said:
Ahhh!!

We call Mobile home a CARAVAN here.

Condo - we call it apartment or rent a flat.

Thank you!

Sorry my mistake, it should read OWN a flat

We own a 3 bedroom, 2 full bath house out in the country and loving it!
Its so nice and peaceful out in the country and you can do what you want
to do like horse back riding, ATV riding and all..
We will be moving out of state soon but we still gonna live in the country for sure!

This is an old thread. But here it goes. I own a house. Four rooms, two baths...2700+ sq ft (with a 1600+ sq ft two car garage) on a 6.1 acre of land surrounded with pine trees (with about an acre of clearing).

Next?

I live rent free in my parents house while they live in Shanghai for 3-4 years. Boyfriend and I are currently house shopping though to own - I'm building my own photo studio on the land too! So exciting :)

Wirelessly posted

Just realized old post lol

Own my beautiful mtn/ beach house. (5miles to beach) 20 redwood trees, has a separate studio w/bathroom shower little kitchen. And the main home just me and my little snow paw cat who thinks the house belongs to him lol.

I rent, I'm okay with not owning right now. I'm not sure as I want to be stuck to this area forever... so until I decide, I'll keep renting. Though my apartment is really nice and I wish I did own it! :D Not bad on the price either. :P

My husband and I own our Cape Cod. 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom with a huge backyard. Slowing fixing up our backyard. Since buying it, we have added a deck and now my husband is in the process of building a patio and then later on we will add a hot tub.

I need to get my house washed on the outside and the front porch replaced.

We are not here to judge people that rent is a waste of money.. U do not know what Is going on with their lives do u know what their income is? do u know if they also get child support? I think that is very arrogance to Judge When u are not in their feet and have no clue what they do in their life...

My 2 cent worth.

I am happy Renting my house I do not plan to live here for the rest of my life like u some owner live in your home forever that ur choice I dont judge so dont Judge me.

People are NOT judging you for renting. People are judging the renting process itself. Don't misunderstand.

People are NOT judging you for renting. People are judging the renting process itself. Don't misunderstand.

Ya shoulda done told her that 9 years ago! :lol: She might have 21 years left on a mortgage!

What a boring and tiring and beat-the-dead-horse topic. But I'm bored so here goes... I used to live in apartments for about 3 years but have been living in my own house since sept 2004. I'm happy with my area since almost everything is within a walking distance.

One time I had to get work done on my car but lucky me the shop is right down the street so I just had to drop off the car and walk back home.

I'm a little tired of the area though and will like to sell the house maybe in 2-3 years once I get more financially stable. One thing I will tell you about the rent vs own debate that I've learned is next house I'm going to pay $100 more per month towards the principal. It's amazing how much you save in interest and time just by paying a little extra.

Check out this mortgage calculator and compare: Mortgage Calculator - Bankrate.com

Back