Do you Like to fly?

Do you like to fly?

• Total voters
I used to have to take medication to knock me out before a flight--that's how freaked out I was about it. Then after 9/11, I flew twice within 6 months. Now, within the past couple of years, I haven't needed the meds. I'm only a little tense during takeoff. I'm more nervous about the car trip to the airport. I keep wondering if I'll remain this calm about flight forever, so I just take it one trip at a time.

i wish my friend has your courage. ever since 9/11, he never flew again. he only takes transportation (bus, train, etc).

I voted all right because the airline industries are deregulated and chaos has ensued... I miss the time when they were regulated because I recall enjoying a HOT steaming meals in the 70's ! Good fares and all flights were on-time...

Effects of Airline Deregulation Act shows that "these benefits of deregulation have not been evenly distributed through the national air transportation network. Costs have fallen more dramatically on heavily trafficked, longer-distance routes than on shorter, lighter ones."

and

"Exposure to competition led to heavy losses and conflicts with labor unions at a number of carriers. Between 1978 and mid-2001 nine major carriers (including Eastern, Midway, Braniff, Pan Am, Continental, America West Airlines, and TWA) and over 100 smaller airlines had gone bankrupt or been liquidated—including most of the dozens of new airlines founded in deregulation's aftermath."

Those bolded were the great airlines I flew on but sad to see it go...

If the ADA was not established then we will be enjoying a great flight with hot steaming meals in this decade!

Here's the article you all may want to read;
The Case for Re-Regulating The Airline Industry | Autopia from Wired.com
(I don't agree with all of his proposal)
well see what I read in the news today..

American moving to a la carte pricing model - Flights: Airfare, flight tracker, delays, miles tracker & airport news - Today in the Sky - USATODAY.com

I absolutely love flying!

Flying has to be my favourite mode of long-distance transport :D

I'm flying with Qantas this Friday night to Sydney :D :D Can't WAIT!

The next flight for me will be in two months time :Ohno:

I personally dont like to fly because I dont like to not be in control. If something happen to airplane while you re riding in it, you can't do anything but pray that you wold get out alive. I rather to drive car bc I can drive out of danger or airbag would save my life more than plane crash.

But sad, sometime I have no choice to fly :(

Before I received my CIs, I hated to fly. Since I couldn't see or hear to communicate (except by print on palm), airport staff would physically move me through the metal detector and I wouldn't understand what was happening.

Now that I have CIs, fying is a more pleasurable experience. I feel more in control and don't have to worry about communication being an issue (unless I'm traveling to St. Paul, Minnesota -- their airport has all kinds of PA announcements which make it difficult to hear.)

I hate flying, espiscally the turblance.. going up and down, left, right from few years ago, after i've landed i cried cuz i was soo terrifing of that horrbile trip i had and muscle was soo stiff sore from holding the chair arm for my dear life. espically i HATE flying into and fly out of Midway(chicago) and Washington National Airport (DCA)....short runway..

I've done the online check-in.

All is left for me to do is... finish packing my bag, go to work, go to a friend's place, get dropped off at the airport, drop my luggage off, go to the gate, wait for the boarding call, board the plane, find my seat, wait until the plane takes off and I'll be the air ^_^

Woot woot!

I've done the online check-in.

All is left for me to do is... finish packing my bag, go to work, go to a friend's place, get dropped off at the airport, drop my luggage off, go to the gate, wait for the boarding call, board the plane, find my seat, wait until the plane takes off and I'll be the air ^_^

Woot woot!

wait where are you going?

jiro, I am sure your jaw will drop this image ;)

australia-sydney.jpg

That is, surely is Sydney ;) _ Been there millions of time, and even it is only 3 hours drive.

I love to fly. I almost flied to west coast and florida in many times. but I may be boring to fly to Sydney about 20 to 24 hours long.

Nope, from LAX Airport to Sydney Kingsford International Airport - 14 hours

I voted it is alright. I would rather prefer to ride in the greyhound bus or drive a car to visit my family in United States (New Mexico) or visit any cities (love to sightseeing all the landmarks and cultures). I used to fly in the commercial airplanes years ago when I was young woman. It is an okay. I get nervous about flying in a plane. Go figure. :ugh:

have been flying since 1995 it is alright i am not big fan of flying but i enjoy fly
last time i flew was last year

yeah i like fly this have a lot plane i can going travel for worlds lol always. i was 6 half years old with his step dad, and family from move to Australia. i didn't scared what it doing as a look on windows on airplane.

Back