Do you Like to fly?

Do you like to fly?

• Total voters
I think I want to do something similar to the scene in the movie, "French Kiss" when that frenchman would sneak off some mini bottles of alcohol from the stewardess..... Would I ever get busted for that?

yes you can.. FAA rules say only crew (flight attendants) may serve you alcohol.. on aircraft.

I love flying, minus the turbulence. The best part of flying is when the plane approaches down to a city at night time and you're able to see the lights from all kinds of places. That part is just beautiful and it's one of my favorite part of why I like to fly. Also, When the plane takes off and lands, it's awesome to feel the rumble coming from the plane. :)

The only thing I hate about flying is, the seats are a little bit crowded because I'm a little bit tall. The back of the seat that is front of me will tend to bang up on my knee, grrr.

Night flying in VFR (Visual Flight Rules) conditions are really nice...lights are pretty at night.. and air is often smooth as silk at night.... aircraft will fly "hands off" without auto pilot...landings at night are bit more tricky.. but not hard...

yes you can.. FAA rules say only crew (flight attendants) may serve you alcohol.. on aircraft.

Whats the max # bottles they can serve you? Or is it based on how much one has a tolerance to alcohol?

I enjoying flying when it takes me to places that I want to go in less time than traveling on the roads. But I don't fancy the restrooms on the plane nor the food. Ugh

I take it you have not flown international flights in First Class or Business class... great food, service and everything...

Whats the max # bottles they can serve you? Or is it based on how much one has a tolerance to alcohol?

it a "judgement call" they can't allow you to get drunk.. but some people hold their booze better than others...

im really loves flying very much and when landing in city and cities anywhere makes me earaches!

you need to learn to "equlize" the pressure in your ears... chew gum, move jaw around side to side often in flight.. that will open tubes in your ear allowing ears to equlize... the aircraft cabin is presserized to 5000 ~6000 feet. chewing gum / moving jaws side to side should do trick...

you need to learn to "equlize" the pressure in your ears... chew gum, move jaw around side to side often in flight.. that will open tubes in your ear allowing ears to equlize... the aircraft cabin is presserized to 5000 ~6000 feet. chewing gum / moving jaws side to side should do trick...

One thing that works for me is to make myself yawn and it opens up my ears.

Tousi, you are good humor (with big smile)lolo i hate flying and jet-lag is a real that locked my body too much when i was in air but but i have to buy a flight ticket sometime from sc to washington state for seeing my son and his family . my husband and daughter love flying .OH OH boy

I love to FLY! I am not scare of it. I love to get height! It's great view of earth! :)

I fly a lot to anywhere except America before and after 9/11 until my first visit to America last year. At first I was scared to fly over America because of 9/11... I tried to ignore my phobia and continue to fly over to America... I'm really happy that I DID it especially met ADers in real life... :D

I love to FLY! I am not scare of it. I love to get height! It's great view of earth! :)

I agree! One time I was flying into Washington D.C., it was nearly 7pm and I was flying with the golden, vibrant colors of sun's ray into the sunset. I flying through the small, fluffy thick white clouds. Then it became red-purplish. It was gorgeous!

I voted all right because the airline industries are deregulated and chaos has ensued... I miss the time when they were regulated because I recall enjoying a HOT steaming meals in the 70's ! Good fares and all flights were on-time...

Effects of Airline Deregulation Act shows that "these benefits of deregulation have not been evenly distributed through the national air transportation network. Costs have fallen more dramatically on heavily trafficked, longer-distance routes than on shorter, lighter ones."

and

"Exposure to competition led to heavy losses and conflicts with labor unions at a number of carriers. Between 1978 and mid-2001 nine major carriers (including Eastern, Midway, Braniff, Pan Am, Continental, America West Airlines, and TWA) and over 100 smaller airlines had gone bankrupt or been liquidated—including most of the dozens of new airlines founded in deregulation's aftermath."

Those bolded were the great airlines I flew on but sad to see it go...

If the ADA was not established then we will be enjoying a great flight with hot steaming meals in this decade!

Here's the article you all may want to read;
The Case for Re-Regulating The Airline Industry | Autopia from Wired.com
(I don't agree with all of his proposal)

I love to fly yet I dread of it sometime.

But if travel takes more than 5-6 hours, I rather take flight instead.

I love to fly and have great view of earth but One thing I don't like is that my ears hurt badly.

Yeah! You have to chew a gum. It will help you not get hurt your ears. When I was on flight. I wore my HA with turn off and stay ear molds in. It's not hurt me. Because I chewed a gum in same time.

Back