Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not, illustrator. God is not punishing the parents. He isn't punishing anyone by allowing a child to be deaf.

whitedove said:
No, God does NOT have flaws. U see, it all started with Adam and Eve. Satan caused them to sin, and that is what started all the disease, all the bad things of the world. God does NOT do anything by accident. He allows things to happen, and is always there for us. Satan is also always there, trying to work on us, turn us against God. A perfect example is the story of Job, in the Bible. God is here with me, always. He answers prayers, so many times not right away, but in the long run He does. I experience the wonderful grace of God every day. It is because of Him that I am here today, and that I am able to experience all the good things in my life.

Yes, true.

Don´t blame God for give us being deaf like this. It´s Eve & Adam, not God because they disobey God for eat anything from his tree which they know they shouldn´t take someone´s thing which it doesn´t belong them.

Look the worst & crazy world. It´s Satan who rule the earth to hurt the world, not God.

Of course we have sinned through Eve & Adam. Everything would be okay if Eve obey God.

Bein' deaf is more blessin' than bein' hearin'.... IMO ! :)

ckfarbes said:
Your God and my God is a material Being-the Supreme of Beings.
In the Bible Jesus says, "God is a Spirit; and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)

DeafDot said:
Basically, when humans were primitive and needed to explain the world and experiences throughout their lives, they came up with stories, myths, magic, and miracles.
Actually, man, in Adam, started out extremely intelligent, far superior to man today. With no formal schooling or technology, Adam named all the animals and cultivated the land. He lived a very long life without Medicare or HMOs. Adam's early descendants had to invent everything from "scratch". I doubt anyone living today could do that. The only aspect of Adam's life that didn't need to be invented was his knowledge of God. God was there, speaking and fellowshipping with Adam and Eve daily. After Adam and Eve sinned, then man began to deteriate. Some groups of people who separated from God fell under the influence of Satan's myths. They no longer trusted God, so they had to make up stories to justify their world. Some people remained faithful to God, and He passed down His Word to them.

But when you pray, does God answer?
Yes.
God answers prayers one of three ways:
1. yes
2. no
3. wait
Therefore, He always answers prayers. It might not always be the answer we expect or desire but it is always what He knows is best.

It's evident that it wasn't created out of nothing, by pure coincidence...So therefore, there has to have been an intelligent being behind this whole thing.
True. The first words in the Bible are "In the beginning God created...." God already existed and created everything else in the universe.

Whatever being created all of this, definitely is NOT watching over us. It seems we're definitely on our own without true help or guidance from a higher being.
If God were not watching over us, the world would have spun out of control (literally) a long time ago. God controls the events of the world but He also allows us our free will. We are not robots so He allows us to make our own decisions, right or wrong. If we are willing to surrender our wills to Him to guide us, then we will make the right decisions. He is there to guide us but we must be willing to acceptance His guidance.

But man doesn't have the answer to WHO it is - not even through theological contexts. Only this unknown being knows, and it's not telling (yet?) Perhaps it will tell us the truth one day.... or maybe never would. Who knows?
In the Bible, Paul the apostle says to the men of Athens that they have been worshipping at an altar inscribed, "TO THE UNKNOWN GOD." Paul then tells them about God, the Creator and Savior of the Universe. Therefore, God is not "unknown" any longer (Acts 17:22-31).
Also, God has many times identified Himself in His Word. One basic example is when Moses asked God how he should respond when the people of Israel ask him "What is his name?"
"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM..." (Exodus 3:13-14).
There are many other examples I can give you, if interested.

Religion is the creation of man - written, spoken, and instituitionalized by man - not God himself...period.
Religion (and denominations) are created by man.
Personal (one-on-one) relationship with God is thru accepting His Son Jesus Christ as Savior. It does not require joining a church, baptism, special works, or particular nationality.

Liza said:
I dunno about God being an actual entity sitting on throne in heaven, throwing lightning bolts at liars and sinners...
I think that is the picture of Zeus or some other mythological god.

Why is fear necessary to get worshippers?
A respectful fear of a holy and mighty God is expected. It is not a fear that causes us to hide or not want to approach God with our needs. It is to show great respect because He is so wonderful.

Why the need to be worshipped at all?
To show our love and gratitude for all that He has done for us. A grateful heart wants to worship.

So yes, I believe in God. The one that is made of compassion and love.
"For God so loved the world [all people], that he gave [sacrificed] His only begotten Son [Jesus], that whosoever [any person] believeth in [trust] Him should not perish [go to Hell], but have everlasting life [Heaven]." (John 3:16)
God shows the most compassion and love to us. He willingly sacrificed the life of His wonderful perfect Son for our filthy sin lives.

Magatsu I [B said:
refused[/B] to believe in the bible which encourages men to oppressing women, daughters, wife, etc.. I don't think "God" or rather Creator would allow that if he is "love" like you people said. Bible's statements repeatly revealed that it encourage men to oppress women like that, if you don't mind to being oppress by men then be my guest but I am NOT going to allow it happen to my future wife, my future daughters, cousins, etc.
God does not encourage men to oppress women. The Bible records the history of what happened as an example of how bad things were, not for examples to follow. If you notice, every time the Bible gives an example of horrible events and sins, it also shows that the bad people were punished for their behavior, not rewarded. For example, when David sinned with Bathsheba, God was not saying it is OK to commit adultery and murder. No! He showed that sin has consequences. David and Bathsheba's baby died. Years later, David's other children sinned because they saw the bad example in their father's life. Consequences of sin.
Lot's behavior in Sodom was wrong. He paid for that sin later when those same daughters got him drunk and committed fornication with him. Does God encourage that behavior? Of course not! He shows that sin causes terrible consequences and destroys innocent lives.
The women of the ancient Jewish culture were treated with much more respect than the other cultures of that time. In the New Testament, Christian men were told, "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave [sacrificed] himself for it...." (Ephesians 5:25);
"So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies." (Ehphesians 5:28)
"Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them." (Colossians 3:19)

I am one of people who believes in nature and nature laws.
God created nature and its laws (gravity, thermodynamics, etc.)

The first rule of universe: Knowledge is power.
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." (Proverbs 1:7)

Reba said:
God does not encourage men to oppress women. The Bible records the history of what happened as an example of how bad things were, not for examples to follow. If you notice, every time the Bible gives an example of horrible events and sins, it also shows that the bad people were punished for their behavior, not rewarded.
Er... no, there are numbers of poverbs that ENCOURAGE these behaviours, not using as example... Jewish Professor, Filner (voted for being best professor in Jewish history and culture in California) said otherwise. He showed numbers of many things that showed how awful men acted toward women in the bible and these behaviors was encouraged by Jewish cultures/bible in the past). He showed some arts by Jewish people, it was quite shocking which I regretted that I didn't take the pictures with camera. However Dr. Filner mentioned that most, not all of jewish tribes encouraged these immoral behaviours, of course some of these tribes does show highly respect for women, just like Native America tribes does to their women.

Reba said:
The women of the ancient Jewish culture were treated with much more respect than the other cultures of that time.
Again, untrue. John Gray and Filner, Jewish Professor said otherwise as I explained briefly above. According to Filner and other many more jewish professors that, in the ancient times, jewish men treat women like they are their material to own, to judge, to use.. not as "individual".

Reba said:
God created nature and its laws (gravity, thermodynamics, etc.)
So? I am still a person who believes in nature and its laws or "Creator" or "Great Spirit" as Native Americans called it, not Jew's God or bible. Yes Great Spirit created nature but which does "feed" us to be alive? Nature but I pay my respect to Great Spirit thru nature, not falsely bible or Jew's "God".

Reba said:
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." (Proverbs 1:7)
No.. that's not what I mean.. "Knowledge is power"... Knowledge is part of wisdow, intiution, understanding of true love, etc etc etc.. Tell me... which is "knowledge" that save you from drink the dangerous substance such as rat poison? By your knowledge that you obtained from your friends and such or God? I mean, how do you know that is dangerous substance in first place? By your pals, your teachers, the books, etc etc... that's the knowledge I spoke of.

Edit: I do believe in miracles, love, good deeds, etc etc but I only don't believe in TWO things: Jew's "God" (I do believe in other culture such as Native Americans' "God" or rather, Creator or Great Spirit as they called but not specifically Jew's "God") and bible.

Native Americans lived in very, very rich life (in old times, before christians & pilgrims invaded their life and destroyed their life utterly..) they have MUCH higher family value than any cultures ever in the history. Of course, depends on which tribes.

Second Edit: My apoloize if I sound like harsh in my post.. that isn't my intention, just want to speak up about these points. Sorry. Again, we have different experience, different knowledge, different beliefs, list goin' on.. therefore we cannot agree on this religious issue (which that is why I tend to avoid discussing about religion/religious issues with anyone). Wow ok, I believe it is my first time to act like "asshole" in that post.. I feel bad about that though :/

Last edited:
Magatsu said:
Er... no, there are numbers of poverbs that ENCOURAGE these behaviours, not using as example... Jewish Professor, Filner (voted for being best professor in Jewish history and culture in California) said otherwise.
I don't know who voted for Professor Filner but there have been just as many scholars over the centuries who would have an opposing view.

He showed numbers of many things that showed how awful men acted toward women in the bible and these behaviors was encouraged by Jewish cultures/bible in the past.
Some men acted badly toward women, yes, but that was not enouraged by God or the Bible. If cultural subgroups behaved badly that is their fault, not God's. God commands all people to live right but that doesn't mean they always obey.

So? I am still a person who believes in nature and its laws or "Creator" or "Great Spirit" as Native Americans called it, not Jew's God or bible.
What makes the "Great Spirit" more believable to you than God? Why are you willing to accept the oral traditions of the Native Americans but not the written Word of God that was passed down to us by the Jews and Christians?

Tell me... which is "knowledge" that save you from drink the dangerous substance such as rat poison?
God gave the ability to medical and scientific people to learn which substances are dangerous. God gave me the reading ability to read warning labels.

Native Americans lived in very, very rich life (in old times, before christians & pilgrims invaded their life and destroyed their life utterly..) they have MUCH higher family value than any cultures ever in the history. Of course, depends on which tribes.
I think you better do a little more serious research on that one. Of course, it depends on what you consider "higher family value", and even you said "depends on which tribes."

My apoloize if I sound like harsh in my post...
No problem.

whitedove said:
No, God does NOT have flaws. U see, it all started with Adam and Eve. Satan caused them to sin, and that is what started all the disease, all the bad things of the world. God does NOT do anything by accident. He allows things to happen, and is always there for us. Satan is also always there, trying to work on us, turn us against God. A perfect example is the story of Job, in the Bible. God is here with me, always. He answers prayers, so many times not right away, but in the long run He does. I experience the wonderful grace of God every day. It is because of Him that I am here today, and that I am able to experience all the good things in my life.

Amen! Whitedove, you have said it just right.

I think about Fannie Crosby. She was a blind Christian who lived many years ago. She was never bitter about her blindness. Instead, she wrote many beautiful hymns that are still sung by Christians today.

I also think about the blind man in the Bible (John 9:1-7). He was born blind and Jesus healed him. Jesus' disciples asked, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?"
Jesus answered, "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents, but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

pimpdaddyposse said:
Adam & Eve

Maybe I am dont believe. Why some say that Adam & Eve is first human HUH... Cant been. I learn Cave men/women is first our human. Cuz most people believe at bible. I told them. They must have learn both bible and Past of years like egypt, dinosaurs, ect... My mother-in-law do not believe that cave men/women become humans today. She is very dumb.
Why Eve eat the apple make our sin? No way. Start dinosaurs ours are sin. I cant believe at bible book. I must wait until old and dead will be knew about it. I just believe God, spirit, angels, ghosts, more...

Know what? It will lead to nothing but more debate.. possibly offend someone else somehow... (which that is last thing I want to do to any people, I hate to hurt anyone or their beliefs).

So I offically back off from this topic and will sit on the side area to absorb any of your perspectives. Good luck to everyone in here, religion debate has never been easy one for ANY people.

Have fun,
Magatsu :P

Last edited:
Zericsrats said:
Why some say that Adam & Eve is first human HUH...
The first chapters of Genesis in the Bible describe God creating Adam and Eve as the first humans.

I learn Cave men/women is first our human.
Some schools do not teach the truth. It is more poltically correct to teach that man used to be very primitive and has been improving and advancing. The truth is the opposite. Man (Adam) began very intelligent and healthy but because of sin entering the world and people, people have been becoming less intelligent and less healthy.

Why Eve eat the apple make our sin?
God warned Adam and Eve to not eat the fruit (not apple) of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Satan lied and tempted Eve to eat the fruit. Eve "saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise" (Genesis 3:1-6). Eve wanted to satisfy her desire of pride to become wise like God. She believed Satan, not God. That was her sin. Adam also ate the fruit because he believed Eve, not God, and that was his sin.

I cant believe at bible book.
Yes, you can. Just ask God to give you faith to believe, and He will.

I must wait until old and dead will be knew about it.
You CAN know now.

Reba said:
The first chapters of Genesis in the Bible describe God creating Adam and Eve as the first humans.
Well, this one will be my last post in this topic...

Anyway, believe or not, Sumerian Tablets (the most ancient relic on the earth) said otherwise. In that old of the oldest relic stated that humans aren't created by God.

Reba, I strongly recommend you to "google" Sumerian Tablet and read the information about Sumerian Tablet but as long as you keep your mind open to other truth that created on the earth way before humans has ever created.

Your lovely wanderer,
Magatsu ;)

Magatsu said:
Anyway, believe or not, Sumerian Tablets (the most ancient relic on the earth) said otherwise.
There are thousands of Sumerian tablets. Are you referring to the Gilgamesh Epic or something else?

Magatsu said:
So you were saying that God himself/herself/itself will stop you from drinking the rat poision? or are you using the knowledge that you obtained from your friends, books, your mother, etc? That's different matter in this issue. You HAVE to remember that Jew's "God" DIDN'T create the rat poison which scientists did THEREFORE you obtained directly from scientists or your parents to NOT drink it. So... where is the knowledge you obtained from that saved your life countless times? Think about it :)
I never said that God would stop me from drinking rat poison. God gave man (and woman) free will. We use our wills to decide what to do, right or wrong. God does give us the intellect to apply to our decision-making process. God gives me the ability to read warning labels about rat poison but He also gives me free will to decide whether or not to drink the poison. Some people have the knowledge to not drink poison but their free will decision is to drink it anyway because they want to kill themselves.

Magatsu said:
Why did you try to define my beliefs in Nature or Great Spirit when I didn't try to define your beliefs in Jew's so-called "God"?
I am not trying to define your beliefs, only to have them clarified. I only asked why you are able to believe in the Native Americans' Great Spirit but you can't believe in Jews' and Christians' God. That means, what is it about the Great Spirit that is easy to believe but is hard to believe God? What is the difference?
... why did jews or any religious people destroy the lands to get in order to build a church to pray when there is ALREADY holy place a.k.a. "wilderness" to pray toward Creator?
I'm sorry but I really don't understand your question. When the Jews were a nomadic people they would set up a tabernacle, a temporary tent-like structure, for worship in the wilderness. When they settled in cities, they built and worshipped in temples. When they were taken into captivity they prayed and worshipped wherever they could (for example, Daniel praying in his house). What do you mean "destroy the lands"?
Jesus proved that people are stupid enough to destory the land to get in order to build the church.
Again, I am sorry but I don't know what you mean about destroying the land to build a church. The early churches of the New Testament started out in Christians' homes. Sometimes they met in existing synagogue buildings. Much later they built actual "church" structures. During Roman persecution they met and worshipped in the catacombs.
...by he went to the wilderness to purify himself from evils (that WHICH is Native Americans did on BASIS, UNLIKELY white people or common religious people.
Many Christian people "purify" themselves thru fasting and prayer, or attend retreats for a time of spiritual focus. However, the emphasis is on cleansing the spirit not the body. The spirit is cleansed by confessing sin to God (thru prayer, not a priest) and repenting of that sin.
Wilderness is right there for us to pray or pay our respect for Nature that Great Spirit created for us.
Not everyone can live in a "wilderness" area; it wouldn't be a wilderness then. The physical place of worship is not as important as the heart that is doing the worship. God is not limited by geography. He is in the wilderness, in the city, on the ship at sea, in the prison cell, in the hospital.
I was a Christian and found more and more about what did religious people do to other people, I was very disappoint and stopped believing in their beliefs.
That is why it is important for Christians to believe in Jesus Christ, not other people, not religions, not denominations. People will always fail and disappoint us. We can't believe in "their beliefs" but we believe in Jesus.

Ever since I abandoned my religious belief and my christianity, I can notice how awful these people treat non-christian people. Please don't tell me that they didn't.
Maybe those other people aren't truly born-again in their hearts either, and that is why they treat other people in an awful way. The "so-called Christian" people are being hateful, not God.

Like what I said above, I don't want to participate in this debate any longer therefore I am going to delete my post above anyway to respond one of your confusion about my statement. I was saying that religious people cutted the woods down which killed hundreds or thousands.. or even million of wild lifes then use these woods to build the temple, churches and such to pray to their "God".. it is like mocking "God" and his/her/its creation a.k.a. nature when they destroyed (by that I mean, cutting hundreds, thousands and millions of woods and killed thousands or even million of wildlifes who were THERE first before us) then build the temples, churches, etc etc then finally "pray" to God which these people mocked "God" and his/her/its creation constantly with that.

Ironic, no? To pray to God in temple or church by cutting his creation (woods) that causes millions of dead wildlifes to build a church upon these graveyard. That's why one of Native Americans chuckled at one of "white people" christians who told Native Americans how glory God's Words are right after cutted hundreds of acres in the wilderness years ago to build a church.. As in Tom Brown Jr's book, Native American said "That does sound like a holiness crusade but their crueliness toward the wilderness and animals astounded me."

I can understand if it was politicans or whoever cutted the woods for profits, for places to build, etc etc because they don't give any fuck about "God" and his/her/its creation in first place but I cannot understand about religious people like christians or catholic people who did.

And I disagree with your statement, "He is in the wilderness, in the city, on the ship at sea, in the prison cell, in the hospital." That is like.. wrong but whatever since it is based on your belief so I respect your belief. As I said, I don't want to participate any longer. I know that I am happy with my decision about my faith and such, my life have been treat me wonderful ever since I made that decision so why question that? One of Native Americans' well-known quote, "To be with God, go to the wilderness".

I will PM you about Sumerian Tablet, I don't want to post any more.

Last edited:
I hope that you will respond but if not, I understand.

Magatsu said:
I was saying that religious people cutted the woods down which killed hundreds or thousands.. or even million of wild lifes then use these woods to build the temple, churches and such to pray to their "God".
I think a lot less land world-wide is "destroyed" in building churches than building shopping centers, amusement parks, college campuses, subdivisions, multi-plex movie theaters, schools, gambling casinos, factories, etc.
. it is like mocking "God" and his/her/its creation a.k.a. nature
I don't understand how using the resources that God provides us is "mocking" God. Yes, we should be responsible stewards of our resources and not carelessly waste them but that doesn't mean don't use them. God put the land and natural resources (water, oil, minerals), animals, birds, and ocean life on earth for man's use.

And I disagree with your statement, "He is in the wilderness, in the city, on the ship at sea, in the prison cell, in the hospital."
God is omnipresent (every where at the same time). He would not be a wonderful mighty God if He was limited to only certain places. Each saved Christian carries His Holy Spirit in the heart, so wherever that believer is, so is God. God created the Universe so He can be any place He wants. I don't understand how you can say God is not everywhere. If He was limited to only some places, He would not be God, right? God has no limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back