• No

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Only for certain reasons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • other

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if you've lost ur mother or any of ur parents to the crime of cold-blooded murder....My siblings and I grew up without a mother and our father just fell apart!

Our family life was shattered!...So, YES! I'm happy he got the death penalty! And I support it to this day!

My grandfather was brutally murdered in 1985 when I was just 15 yrs old. The killer was found guilty and is now sitting on FL's death row. It's been 24 yrs and the killer is STILL on death row awaiting execution. Unlike some of you who lost loved ones, I am uneasy about the death penalty. I would support it IF there weren't so many flaws in the system but there is. It is my opinion that our entire justice system needs an overhaul starting with the death penalty.

My grandfather was brutally murdered in 1985 when I was just 15 yrs old. The killer was found guilty and is now sitting on FL's death row. It's been 24 yrs and the killer is STILL on death row awaiting execution. Unlike some of you who lost loved ones, I am uneasy about the death penalty. I would support it IF there weren't so many flaws in the system but there is. It is my opinion that our entire justice system needs an overhaul starting with the death penalty.

I am sorry for your tragic loss, too, Oceanbreeze. I admire the courage you show in admitting that our system does have flaws that could lead to innocent people being executed.

I would rather to watch them rot in prison, than giving them a way out.

I know of a person.. That had a son that killed someone. He begged the judge to give him the death penalty, Judge gave him life in prison instead.
He killed a man in prison, so he could get the death sentence. He admitted that is why he killed another. after that. They put him on death row.

He tried to kill himself in death row. but, in prison you can not do that! You have to be legally executed. No matter, if you are on death row or not.

That is what surprises me the most.

I am sorry for your tragic loss, too, Oceanbreeze. I admire the courage you show in admitting that our system does have flaws that could lead to innocent people being executed.

It sickens me, but there have been innocent people sent to death row. You only have to look at the Innocence Project to see the stats of the thousands of people who were irrefutably exonerated of their crimes while sitting on death row. Countless more have been executed when evidence was present to suggest that they were mentally challenged. If the system were applied correctly, I could support it, but I can't and don't such as it is. Sure, we get rid of sociopaths who can't be rehabilitated, but we also have potentially killed innocent people and I CANNOT and DO NOT support that!

I would rather to watch them rot in prison, than giving them a way out.

I know of a person.. That had a son that killed someone. He begged the judge to give him the death penalty, Judge gave him life in prison instead.
He killed a man in prison, so he could get the death sentence. He admitted that is why he killed another. after that. They put him on death row.

He tried to kill himself in death row. but, in prison you can not do that! You have to be legally executed. No matter, if you are on death row or not. That is what surprises me the most.

Weird, isn't it? If you're on death row, they are bound by law to kill you, but if you were to attempt suicide while awaiting execution, they'll pull out all the stops to save your life, so they can carry out the sentence of death.

How twisted.

Weird, isn't it? If you're on death row, they are bound by law to kill you, but if you were to attempt suicide while awaiting execution, they'll pull out all the stops to save your life, so they can carry out the sentence of death.

How twisted.

It is true!

I agree there are many "flaws" in our legal system. And many innocents on death row.We all know that DNA is now used for that benefit.....For some, it's too late!

But, in my families case, it was done before our eyes, so I can justly say that he did it! Once you come "eye to eye" with a killer, you won't forget it!

I agree there are many "flaws" in our legal system. And many innocents on death row.We all know that DNA is now used for that benefit.....For some, it's too late!

But, in my families case, it was done before our eyes, so I can justly say that he did it! Once you come "eye to eye" with a killer, you won't forget it!

I am not arguing against your point, and I fully empathize with your feelings. But can I ask you something? Will execution make those horrible memories go away?

Memories of my mother will never fade away! Re-living the horrible memories of her death, I block that out! But just knowing that the man who did this is no longer breathing our air ... yes, it has made our life more bearable!

Memories of my mother will never fade away! Re-living the horrible memories of her death, I block that out! But just knowing that the man who did this is no longer breathing our air ... yes, it has made our life more bearable!

Thank you for your honesty. Again, I am sorry for the tragedy you and your loved one experienced.

I use to be against the death penity till my uncle was horribly murder Thanksgiving night in 2004.

I'm so sorry what happened to your uncle, You have my deepest sympathy. :hug:

I'm in favor of the death penalty for those who had done violent crimes and had torture their victims, mostly those who are being convicted of first degree murders. It's ridiculous to keep punishing them from crimes after crimes after getting off with good behavior, I prefer to prevent crimes that are being repeated, that is one reason why I'm in all favor of the death penalty. :)

Got to this post too late to vote....but my answer would be YES!...

My mother was murdered in 1962, left 6 children, all of us under the age of 18.
Crimes related to murder, rape, torture, crimes against children, terrorism...give 'em "ol sparky"!!!...An eye for an eye, I say!

I didn't see your post until now, I'm so sorry about your mother, You have my deepest sympathy also. :hug:

My ex boyfriend's cousin was murdered and she was only 12 years old at that time, she vanished while walking to school, they found her body, (not sure on the length of days) on a large field, she had been raped and strangled. I'm not positive sure if they found her killer or not, It has been so long ago, somewhere around twenty-five years ago or so. :dunno:

I wonder what's the difference between death penalty and the rights to die (assisted suicide).

People says assisted suicide is easier on the patient... but yet, it's a torture to prisoners???

I wonder what's the difference between death penalty and the rights to die (assisted suicide).

People says assisted suicide is easier on the patient... but yet, it's a torture to prisoners???

Death Penalty is a death by punishment issued by Judge
Assisted Suicide is a death by personal choice along with doctors' approvals

so yea a big difference between those is - in death penalty, someone chooses when you will die while in assisted suicide, you choose when you can die.

I ask because I was thinking about things that you are against till it happens to you type of stuff.
I use to be against the death penity till my uncle was horribly murder Thanksgiving night in 2004.

Feel free to list why you picked the answer you did..

let's be nice to other opinions and views.

My sister in law's nephew was murdered last week, May 5th and they caught this killer. I wanted him to fry in electric chair. I used to be against death penality but now I changed my mind. Eye for an eye is now what I am supporting.

I'm very sorry for your loss as well as that of Oceanbreeze and chris' mom. :hug:

I've dealt with plenty of death in my family. My father passed away because of heart and diabetic related complications. My mother died as a result of pancreatic cancer. One of my sisters lost her life at a young age due a heart attack. I also lost one of my best friends to a brain aneurythm and another friend to pneumonia.

If I had a friend or relative who lost their life to a murderer, I'm sure I would feel differently about the death penalty.

i am sorry about your uncle! that is horrible. *hugs*

i believe the murderer should definitely be punished but i dont believe in the death penalty or "an eye for an eye" type of thing for many reasons.

I used to strongly against death penalty until someone's story nailed my heart deeply last month, now I'm kinda of moderate on that. No, I don't lost any member of my family, and I do not want to tell why.

Secondly, I am not said I am totally favor of death penalty yet...

Back