did you see deaf Inventor on TV?

if chris invent the voice recogination device.. it didn't worked out as it was planned.. but why can't hearing people take asl classes instead..?

besides it shouldn't been that hard if they gotta to get used with reading sign language FIRST then communicate afterwards... :dunno: I always thought that asl are the easiest course that kids or adult in college cld past it with A++.. :ugh:

I would rather get "deaf glove" than pager though. I know there was someone working on it but it will take long time before glove becomes useful. Pager sound too much like pen and paper to me.

That kind of technology is still in the works.

Voice recognition technology still isn't perfected.

I saw him on TV last week and he made it to final so we should see him more on TV.

if chris invent the voice recogination device.. it didn't worked out as it was planned.. but why can't hearing people take asl classes instead..?

besides it shouldn't been that hard if they gotta to get used with reading sign language FIRST then communicate afterwards... :dunno: I always thought that asl are the easiest course that kids or adult in college cld past it with A++.. :ugh:

We cannot force hearing people take asl classes. They don't force us to learn how read lips. I have many hearing friends that they don't learn sign language. we deal with pen and paper because we respect each other. We are human being. okay?

I watched the show and I sooooo hope it is true he gets the $50,000 even though he didn't make the finals. Only good can come of his invention. Kudo's to him for trying to make a difference. :bowdown:

i saw a bit about it, but I didn't know what was happening, I came home and my aunt said look at deaf guy. i'm like oh?? but I didn't know what he invented til my aunt told me.. interesting. :)

That kind of technology is still in the works.

Voice recognition technology still isn't perfected.

Yes, that's double true. I know, of course, it won't make a perfect grammar
like along with phrases, like as, commas, dashes, period, colons, and semicolons.
I would be thinking it will not make it with this together with a coordinately.

We cannot force hearing people take asl classes. They don't force us to learn how read lips. I have many hearing friends that they don't learn sign language. we deal with pen and paper because we respect each other. We are human being. okay?

uhmm... that attitude of yours is pretty harsh.. but i wasnt complaining that hearing people doesnt take asl classes... therefore; asl classes is just a options for us to learn or whatsoever.

by the way, just tone down your attitude... okay?? :roll:

I understand that having to type out something
seems like pen and paper.

But, pen and paper doesn't speak out loud in a
real voice what you just wrote.

My program will do that.

Also, the main focus of my program is to let
you see/hear what your hearing friends or
family are saying..

The speech recognition is almost perfect, it
has 99% accuracy with headset microphone.

Even if you don't want to type out your response
and type GA to have it spoken out loud, you
could just use short gestures in response to
what the hearing person is saying, that way you
can have fast communication.

But, I'm working on Mac and Linux versions and also
a version that is a "phone". You can call direct to
your hearing friend, what you type is spoken as you
type, what your hearing rfriend says is shown to you
as almost same as CC idea so you can read and
understand.

NO MORE RELAY, NO MORE PEN AND PAPER...

My friend watched that show. She said that he had a great invention. The problem was that he did not win because of the chaos communication with two or three people talking at once that did not work out with a relay. I think that he should have won it no matter what. I hope that he will not give up his invention.

uhmm... that attitude of yours is pretty harsh.. but i wasnt complaining that hearing people doesnt take asl classes... therefore; asl classes is just a options for us to learn or whatsoever.

by the way, just tone down your attitude... okay?? :roll:

Lol I was not upset about your thread. Whatever you think! :io:

When you go into a government office, you
see they are wearing headset microphones
because they have to answer the phone
constantly.

Those same microphones give almost 100%
accurate speech recognition with my program.

That's why I created this, so my mom can go
into the State of Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend
office and not have to bring an interpreter.

She can type what she wants to say and everyone
in the room will hear it, one person will be the person
responsible for servicing her, and that person will
be connected to my program with their headset mic
so that she can get 100% understanding of what
she needs to do, what form she needs, how to
fill it out, etc.

I'm just sick of my mom coming home and feeling
miserable because some place or thing says
"they won't pay for an interpreter". Then she has
to wait until DVR can release funds to pay for
interpreter, then they have to fly interpreter in
from over 900 miles away in Anchorage because
theres not enough interpreters in our town.

I mean come on, i'm sick of it...

The more people that get this program the easier
it will be for ALL of us to communicate with each
other.

I'm sorry if I seems emotional, but my mom has
the right to speak to whoever she wants to,
whenever she wants to, no matter if she is
hearing or deaf, and I'm making that happen for her.

thats what everybody needs. even for the job companies if they are hiring deaf workers, too. thats the most major reasons for this device had to be invented sooner because of communication is the key for every relationships with employees/managers & everywhere else, too. it will make their communicating much easier. but wondering if typing to respondin through the device, the vocal cords.. would it be all common standard in 2 voice for per each male & female for all over the country? why dont it just automatically use our own unique voices? as if they want to use their own voice in that speech recogination device.

I would rather get "deaf glove" than pager though. I know there was someone working on it but it will take long time before glove becomes useful. Pager sound too much like pen and paper to me.

Good thinking!!!!! If there's techogly for that such as wires inside glove and we sign with gloves on then the glove will convert into voice. That would be awesome lol. What if it's very very hot outside and we get sweats and electroiced?

voice recognition software has been around for a while. It's only a matter of time before it finds an application for deaf and HOH folks if it already hasn't

That sounds very interesting... I wish I know about it so I can watch it myself to get my own opinions.

The way you guys descibled sounds really wonderful and will help deaf/hearing people to be more independent people by able to communciate to each other better. It will save the environment by save the paper and pens. :)

My only concern since this technology might be on market one of these days... It could affect ours deaf/hearing society... We might don't need interpraters anymore... These interpreters could lose their jobs by this technology. This is not first time happened. Video relay service came up and many interpreters quit and join them because of better salary and benefits. It is just not for deaf/hearing society... Many technologies invented and costs millions of people jobs too.

That sounds very interesting... I wish I know about it so I can watch it myself to get my own opinions.

The way you guys descibled sounds really wonderful and will help deaf/hearing people to be more independent people by able to communciate to each other better. It will save the environment by save the paper and pens. :)

My only concern since this technology might be on market one of these days... It could affect ours deaf/hearing society... We might don't need interpraters anymore... These interpreters could lose their jobs by this technology. This is not first time happened. Video relay service came up and many interpreters quit and join them because of better salary and benefits. It is just not for deaf/hearing society... Many technologies invented and costs millions of people jobs too.
True but it will also create jobs for those that create and evolve the technologies and all of the jobs required to support the equipment and infrastructure. It's evolution my man.

True but it will also create jobs for those that create and evolve the technologies and all of the jobs required to support the equipment and infrastructure. It's evolution my man.

My question... If it does create jobs... Will these new jobs enough to cover the number of job loss that might be affect by this technology?

My question... If it does create jobs... Will these new jobs enough to cover the number of job loss that might be affect by this technology?
maybe. maybe not. Only time would tell. You also have to consider the overlap. Not everyone will embrace technology.

Back