Designing A Hearing Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Shel is working with hearing impaired children?

and Maria, just look up dictionary.

define:syntax - Google Search
Definition of syntax - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Fuzzy

Shel is a TOD. And yes, as a TOD, she works with deaf children. She also has a master's degree in deaf ed. and therefore, is well educated not jsut from an academic standpoint, but from an experience standpoint, on the language problems of deaf children.

And for someone who spent so much time complaining that no onw would explainto you the meaning of connotation and denotation, you need to follow your own advise regarding the use of a dictionary. And Maria addressedher question to me. Do not presume to answer for me. I am more than happy to explain the meaning of a word I have used when the request comes from a sincere desire to learn and understand.

Who cares. This is a discussion board, writing perfect English grammar is not asked to be expected to participants on this board. I don't even find that applied to the rules here at AD.

And secondly of all, How can you tell other people how they write when you're not so sure how to yourself? Why are you so concerned about others when you should be worrying about yourself? Never attack a writer or say something to the effect of, "You can't write good English or perfect standard English." You may think the one word or two is particularly bad, but that doesn't mean the person is a bad writer.

If you're going to be making constructive criticism on how others write, then you should take one good look at yourself there fuzzy, You're no better.

End of the discussion.

Exactly

You're so full of it fuzzy, You don't know the differences between criticizing someone and stating the obvious, if you're just stating the obvious, then what does that make you when you're writing in some errors? You wouldn't be pointing fingers on others than yourself.

You're criticizing them because you think you have no problem with how you write.

Use your common sense fuzzy, sometimes you don't even make any sense.

Exactly. If I were to point out every grammar, syntax, and word usage error that I see in fuzzy's posts, it would be a full time job.

Word order in a sentence. Grammar is punctuation, word endings, etc.

English sytax would be, for example, I saw the boy climb the tree. ASL sytax would place the signs in this order: Tree, boy, climb, see me.

Ah, ok ..I got it. :ty: Jillio.

And Maria addressedher question to me. Do not presume to answer for me. I am more than happy to explain the meaning of a word I have used when the request comes from a sincere desire to learn and understand.

Don't start with me jillio. I am entitled to reply to any post I see as relevent. If you choose to ahve a private conversation with any member, I suggest you use the private message feature.

Fuzzy

Geez, I think this is the longest thread need to close soon, I think we discuss C.I. issues long enough already. Sigh,.

Geez, I think this is the longest thread need to close soon, I think we discuss C.I. issues long enough already. Sigh,.

FYI, I created this thread. I've seen other threads are the longest than mine. And, also I think it's better to keep this thread open for CI/ASL viewers, if they have anythin' to say concernin' the video I posted in my first original post. :ty:

Don't start with me jillio. I am entitled to reply to any post I see as relevent. If you choose to ahve a private conversation with any member, I suggest you use the private message feature.

Fuzzy

Hey Fuzzy,

Please respect my thread. I've addressed Jillio what " syntax " means. You need to refrain from your attitude - please, don't start.

Please, respect to each ADer who ever each ADer addresses to, if any question directly. :ty:

Thanks Jillo..yes, I am a TOD and I have taken grad courses in language development and linguistics. ASL is not the root of people's writing problems nor is deafness. Language deprivation is the culprit, plain and simple.

What would you say to your deaf children if they will cry why you wasted the early years that offer the best benefit of CI?

Fuzzy

I am gonna type this all in caps just to prove a point here about Standard English Grammar.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO YOUR DEAF CHILDREN IF THEY COME CRYING TO YOU, ASKING WHY YOU WASTED THEIR EARLY YEARS? AS IT IS WELL KNOWN THAT THE BEST BENEFIT A CI OFFERS IS DURING THEIR EARLY YEARS?

I think we could do a little less with worrying about how a person types or reads and worry about how we are passing our messages along.

The only thing we are here for is to learn from and support others that come here. I do not believe that a new parent that is panicked and seeking answers is going to care how well we write. All that parent is going to care about is getting the messages and getting calmed down and feeling better.

Fuzzy, I am not trying to be a *grammar cop*, I just wanted to point out that even YOU do not write perfect standard english. If I wanted to I could spend all my time in AD pointing out and rewriting thousands of posts *including some of my own* just to do what? Try to act superiour?

When I come to this board, I dont care how someone else writes. And I certainly dont care if there are a few spelling and or grammar errors in my posts. If I was writing a novel for professional gain then yes I would care. But this is not a professional writers board and never will be.

Even those of us with PHD's and Masters Degrees still make little errrors in our writings.

My suggestion is to lay off and leave it alone. You obviously can read our posts, so what more do you need?

And Fuzzy, its not that we don't understand what your writing it is how you are writing it.

If I said Cheri, youi need to clean up your grammar, I can't understand you.

Or if I said, Cheri can you please clarify what you are meaning here?

Which one sounds more like the insult?

Same thing, if I had a skinny friend who wanted to borrow my clothes and I said to them

My clothes would fall off your skinny ass, so therefore you cant borrow them because you might lose them.

Or if I said, why don't we go shopping for something for you to wear?

Get the drift here?

Fuzzy

Fuzzy,

We understand you and thank you for all your support!

BTW love your picture, it expresses my feelings 1000%!!! :)

Rick

I am gonna type this all in caps just to prove a point here about Standard English Grammar.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO YOUR DEAF CHILDREN IF THEY COME CRYING TO YOU, ASKING WHY YOU WASTED THEIR EARLY YEARS? AS IT IS WELL KNOWN THAT THE BEST BENEFIT A CI OFFERS IS DURING THEIR EARLY YEARS?

I think we could do a little less with worrying about how a person types or reads and worry about how we are passing our messages along.

The only thing we are here for is to learn from and support others that come here. I do not believe that a new parent that is panicked and seeking answers is going to care how well we write. All that parent is going to care about is getting the messages and getting calmed down and feeling better.

Fuzzy, I am not trying to be a *grammar cop*, I just wanted to point out that even YOU do not write perfect standard english. If I wanted to I could spend all my time in AD pointing out and rewriting thousands of posts *including some of my own* just to do what? Try to act superiour?

When I come to this board, I dont care how someone else writes. And I certainly dont care if there are a few spelling and or grammar errors in my posts. If I was writing a novel for professional gain then yes I would care. But this is not a professional writers board and never will be.

Even those of us with PHD's and Masters Degrees still make little errrors in our writings.

My suggestion is to lay off and leave it alone. You obviously can read our posts, so what more do you need?

And Fuzzy, its not that we don't understand what your writing it is how you are writing it.

Same thing, if I had a skinny friend who wanted to borrow my clothes and I said to them

My clothes would fall off your skinny ass, so therefore you cant borrow them because you might lose them.

Get the drift here?
:applause:
:gpost:

Get the drift here?

:gpost:

And, in that case, you have no foundation on which to base your criticism of others.

Thanks, Jillio; I didn't know I needed to state the obvious. It's nice to be able to have someone know what I'm obviously not saying....oh, well...

Fuzzy,

We understand you and thank you for all your support!

BTW love your picture, it expresses my feelings 1000%!!! :)

Rick

see here Rick:

JILLIO:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofuzzy
I am sorry, didn't I express myself clear enough?:

My question was addressed to GarnetTigerMom.
Thank you for your input jill but yours doesn't interest me, sorry.

Do tell me if an how can I say it better.

Fuzzy

Don't start with me fuzzy. I am entitled to reply to any post I see as relevent. If you choose to ahve a private conversation with any member, I suggest you use the private message feature.

You were right when you said the only people who are allowed to express their opinion are either a deaf members or those who share their views 100%.
What THEY can, YOu and I can't... simple.

Fuzzy

Word order in a sentence. Grammar is punctuation, word endings, etc.

English sytax would be, for example, I saw the boy climb the tree. ASL sytax would place the signs in this order: Tree, boy, climb, see me.

This is what I am saying all along, and that is what causes mis-communication on this forum.
:)

Fuzzy

Oh gawds!!....

*looking for my tylenol*...

Fuzzy

And the difference would be, fuzzy, that you presumed to speak for me, and you are incorrect in doing so, as well as incapable of doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back