Deforestation: Problems

Well the people going slightly nuts was no good- the size issue and the way the dome is causes... nevermind- what ran out was the understanding of how much space would be required, Biosphere 2 was one of three total ever tried... new field and all... they ran out of money not the willingness to try.

A further proof that artificial biosphere is unsustainable and infeasible. How about 100 years later? Maybe. Maybe not but I doubt it.

A further proof that artificial biosphere is unsustainable and infeasible. How about 100 years later? Maybe. Maybe not but I doubt it.

But....you are the one that offered it as a solution to the destruction of environment on earth.:dunno2: Now you are switching sides?

Pick a side and stick to it Jiro. You can't keep going back and forth just because people point out your errors.

It's (the ISS) not a Biosphere in the way that 'artificial biosphere' is used- there is no ecosystem... just CO^2 scrubbers, and O^2 pumps... water filtration and sun lamps... there is no attempt to replicate a food chain or natural process much less a food web...

We can have a self-sufficient biosphere, the problem is the inhabitants go crazy...(not permanently) and it takes a huge are for a few people...

Technically you're correct. However it's how artificial biosphere would perform. It is very likely that our artificial biosphere would function same as ISS. but I can't foresee it as long-term sustainability nor a short-term solution.

If we can't even adopt or practice simple environmentally-friendly steps, then how can general population even survive in artificial biosphere? I say let us die with our stupidity and selfishness because we are the cockroach. :)

But....you are the one that offered it as a solution to the destruction of environment on earth.:dunno2: Now you are switching sides?

Pick a side and stick to it Jiro. You can't keep going back and forth just because people point out your errors.

I showed all sides. It's up to one to choose which side one wants to pursue.

I chose to be with my Pocahanta :giggle:

Technically you're correct. However it's how artificial biosphere would perform. It is very likely that our artificial biosphere would function same as ISS. but I can't foresee it as long-term sustainability nor a short-term solution.

If we can't even adopt or practice simple environmentally-friendly steps, then how can general population even survive in artificial biosphere? I say let us die with our stupidity and selfishness because we are the cockroach. :)

How could an artificial biosphere function as an ISS without a natural biosphere to sustain it? An ISS is not self sustaining.

see Post #124

Post 124 prompted my question. You stated that our artificial biosphere would function same as an ISS. That would make it, in reality, an ISS. An ISS needs a natural biosphere to sustain it. What you are proposing is impossible. If we have an artificial biosphere because of destruction of our natural ecological system, and it functions as an ISS, there is nothing to sustain the artificial biosphere that is, in reality, an ISS. An artificial biosphere is not the same thing as an ISS, and they do not function in the same way.

Post 124 prompted my question. You stated that our artificial biosphere would function same as an ISS.
See Post #110. That should answer your question.

An ISS needs a natural biosphere to sustain it. What you are proposing is impossible.

This statement does not make any sense at all.

An ISS needs a natural biosphere??? um... how would you put a natural biosphere inside artificial biosphere?

Please do the research first like I did in college before you engage in further discussion with me about it so I don't have to explain everything to you. Use google if you like. I don't know what you're doing in here. Are you just arguing with me just for the sake of argument and professing to know a lot about this subject?

See Post #110. That should answer your question.

This statement does not make any sense at all.

An ISS needs a natural biosphere??? um... how would you put a natural biosphere inside artificial biosphere?

Please do the research first like I did in college before you engage in further discussion with me about it so I don't have to explain everything to you. Use google if you like. I don't know what you're doing in here. Are you just arguing with me just for the sake of argument and professing to know a lot about this subject?

No, that doesn't answer my question, either.

I have sufficient knowlege to discuss any topic you can possibly bring up. You simply don't have sufficient knowlege to keep up.

You don't put a natural biosphere inside an artificial biosphere, jiro, but that line of thinking is just another indication of how confused you are by your own attempt at logic. You are claiming to put an ISS inside an artificial biosphere, which makes it an ISS.

You are IT, jiro, not an engineer. But an engineer already pointed out that you are wrong.

No, that doesn't answer my question, either.

I have sufficient knowlege to discuss any topic you can possibly bring up. You simply don't have sufficient knowlege to keep up.

You don't put a natural biosphere inside an artificial biosphere, jiro, but that line of thinking is just another indication of how confused you are by your own attempt at logic.

okie dokie. have a pleasant evening, ma'am. :dunno2:

You are IT, jiro, not an engineer. But an engineer already pointed out that you are wrong.

FYI - I actually have about 3 years of formal engineering, computer science, and math background. I just happened to be in IT because it pays. a very good pay. soon - I will pursue what I yearn for years. and also I have a geography degree as well. and you?

oh well - not interested. g'day, ma'am.

Who goes into the biospheres, and who decides? What is to keep those left out from breaking and entering?
This is such a silly argument, lol.

Who goes into the biospheres, and who decides? What is to keep those left out from breaking and entering?
This is such a silly argument, lol.

Commander Nathaniel Taylor

back on topic:

comment_rainforest.jpg

Wait. Is the toucan in a green biosphere???

:)

Seriously, this biosphere nonsense is going NOWHERE.

Deforestation, is it that simple to simply stop it and problems will go away?

back on topic:

comment_rainforest.jpg

See posts #27, #28, and Jiro's suggestion about what the 2006 nobel piece prize winner said. :lol:

haven't gotten a chance to read Jiro's article yet, but hey!! you are cheating here, where's your opinion on the issue???:hmm: :cool:

See posts #27, #28, and Jiro's suggestion about what the 2006 nobel piece prize winner said. :lol:

haven't gotten a chance to read Jiro's article yet, but hey!! you are cheating here, where's your opinion on the issue???:hmm: :cool:

Last sentence of my post #125

back on topic:

comment_rainforest.jpg

I think the most viable solution at this point is Yunus's philosophy and and I dunno - a bunch of Christian missionaries going down there to school them :)

Back