Deforestation: Problems

Here are some fast fixes to reduce biomass consumption of trees in forests. They need the money, so don't give it to them.

Schools need to stop buying and supporting textbooks, paper handout. Switch to online and pdf based course resources. Stop writing and printing unnecessary material. Papers, instruction manual, anything you don't need. Stop getting paperback books, switch to e-reader, computer, laptop, tablet, etc.
con: Schools and professors and publishers earn major $$$ from students by selling textbooks, it's a big revenue profit for head people in the biz. No one is really gonna wanna give up their job to go green.

Start selling everyday grocery products in plastic baggies, no need for cardboard boxes. Sell cereal by the bags. Sell ritz chips in bags. Nabisco chip and wafers, same thing. Don't use cardboard boxes for electronics, just sell it in something else. Don't use boxes for ammo, sell it in bags.
con: everyone's gonna be like wtf's going on?

save money, everybody pool up and buy solar powered energy converters and send them to the poor countries.
con: They might just end up selling it to earn money.

let them in the US, europe. Don't let them be illegal immigrants, let them be legal - live in the midwest or help populate those areas. Give them new jobs so they don't have to rely on making money cutting forests.
con: more crime and thug gonna getcha! Need some ccw license now, or else let the police take care of them!

Option 1.... Electronics disposal is pretty difficult not to mention horrible for the environment. Tough call there I think

Option 2... I take my own containers/bags to stores. IMO plastic bags just solves one problem by creating another. Yeah you can recycle them but almost no one does sadly.

Option 3... :dunno:

Option 4.... oh hell no.

Sorry for this but..
When I first read over that and you said Amazon I thought of Amazon the website XD and I was like..Amazon produces oxygen? :S lmao! *facepalm*

Sorry for this but..
When I first read over that and you said Amazon I thought of Amazon the website XD and I was like..Amazon produces oxygen? :S lmao! *facepalm*

And they call us Americans stupid . . .

;)

unfortunately.... it's a cruel world we live in. the only way to save it is to buy it and the indigenous people will be happy otherwise..... big evil fat cat will acquire it and convert it for Starbuck coffee farm.

The "only" way? I think not. Just the only way you see. Far more options out there than the one you see. And preferable options, I might add.

Nothing like a huge dose of ethnocentrism and tunnel vision to get your day started, though, is there?

Here are some fast fixes to reduce biomass consumption of trees in forests. They need the money, so don't give it to them.

Schools need to stop buying and supporting textbooks, paper handout. Switch to online and pdf based course resources. Stop writing and printing unnecessary material. Papers, instruction manual, anything you don't need. Stop getting paperback books, switch to e-reader, computer, laptop, tablet, etc.
con: Schools and professors and publishers earn major $$$ from students by selling textbooks, it's a big revenue profit for head people in the biz. No one is really gonna wanna give up their job to go green.

Start selling everyday grocery products in plastic baggies, no need for cardboard boxes. Sell cereal by the bags. Sell ritz chips in bags. Nabisco chip and wafers, same thing. Don't use cardboard boxes for electronics, just sell it in something else. Don't use boxes for ammo, sell it in bags.
con: everyone's gonna be like wtf's going on?

save money, everybody pool up and buy solar powered energy converters and send them to the poor countries.
con: They might just end up selling it to earn money.

let them in the US, europe. Don't let them be illegal immigrants, let them be legal - live in the midwest or help populate those areas. Give them new jobs so they don't have to rely on making money cutting forests.
con: more crime and thug gonna getcha! Need some ccw license now, or else let the police take care of them!

I am proud to say that my nephew wrote a proposal and received a grant to start teaching his high school class as a paperless class. Not difficult for people to make a few changes at all. They are simply too self centered. They might have to put forth a little effort, or God forbid, learn something new and develop a bit of tolerance.

You can do what is necessary to allow nature to return to balance. When allowed to function as intended, nature as amazing reparitive powers.

"The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman covered on that. I can understand what Jiro meant - If a species is wiped out, it is gone for good. Things can change down the road. Remember if the dinosaurs had roamed the earth so new species can and will appear in the future.

"The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman covered on that. I can understand what Jiro meant - If a species is wiped out, it is gone for good. Things can change down the road. Remember if the dinosaurs had roamed the earth so new species can and will appear in the future.

"What dies comes a new life."

Mother Earth is cruel and does not care if humanity is gone or if Bambi is wiped out. Nuke it. Poison it. It still can survive and heal for the next 100 years... 1,000 years... 1,000,000 years.... Earth is over 4 billion years old. What does it matter to Earth if it takes 1,000 years to recover? :giggle:

"What dies comes a new life."

Mother Earth is cruel and does not care if humanity is gone or if Bambi is wiped out. Nuke it. Poison it. It still can survive and heal for the next 100 years... 1,000 years... 1,000,000 years.... Earth is over 4 billion years old. What does it matter to Earth if it takes 1,000 years to recover? :giggle:

I like breathing?

We -may- lose medicinal plants?

Humans are to stupid/smart to all die?

Back