Deforestation: Problems

lol i mean dd. She is on the bleachers throwing tomatoes at us.
put the spotlight on her! :smash:

She's just throwing tomatoes at me out of tough love.

Sorry I'm off topic, going to send a PM or something...

Last edited:
See posts #27, #28, and Jiro's suggestion about what the 2006 nobel piece prize winner said. :lol:

haven't gotten a chance to read Jiro's article yet, but hey!! you are cheating here, where's your opinion on the issue???:hmm: :cool:

Umm uhh, I agree with y'all!

:)

Aww don't delete your original post. I read it and I was gonna add some points to it.

Drat, already PMed to you...

We can carry on in another thread if you wish.

I didn't see where we came to a consensus on 'artificial biosphere'

It's interesting...

Last edited:
Earth is a living entity. Y'all better watch out. :whistle:

Drat, already PMed to you...

We can carry on in another thread if you wish.

I didn't see where we came to a consensus on 'artificial biosphere'

It's interesting...

Your original post is definitely not out of topic and you should repost what you PM'ed me because it does pertain to deforestation where we MAY be forced to live in or create an artificial biosphere.

BTW - the reason why I don't say "artificial biosphere" is because biosphere is typically known as artificial biosphere since natural biosphere is called Earth so why the hassle to say "natural biosphere" when you can simply say "Earth"? :lol: It really depends on who I'm talking to because scientists from different fields have different definition for "biosphere" so since I'm talking to general population, biosphere is commonly known as futuristic self-sustained greenhouse-like thingamajig place :lol:

if we're to get deep into it at -ology level, that's where it will get very technical. There are terms like hydrosphere (water and marine), salinization, biodiversity, aridisols, NPP (Net Primary Productivity), environmental acidification, carbon sequestration, yada yada yada.

"Artificial Biosphere" is very broad term because it's a very complex system. There's no one meaning or answer for it. A city like NYC can be an artificial biosphere. A big giant bubble underwater city can be an artificial biosphere as well.

Yeah it's fucking sad, just sad. Too many careless people and not enough people to stop that from happening. It's all word of mouth, not enough physical action to stop them. The world will just evolve and destroy mankind, anyhow. I

Yeah it's fucking sad, just sad. Too many careless people and not enough people to stop that from happening. It's all word of mouth, not enough physical action to stop them. The world will just evolve and destroy mankind, anyhow. I

And the easy solution is right in front of us. Everyone looking for something complicated. No one wants to inconvenience themselves with the easy solution. Just keep up the destruction, and then invent something to fix it. (Something, that no doubt, will simply create another set of man made problems.)

And the easy solution is right in front of us. Everyone looking for something complicated. No one wants to inconvenience themselves with the easy solution. Just keep up the destruction, and then invent something to fix it. (Something, that no doubt, will simply create another set of man made problems.)

It'll never be easy to stop a army of bulldozers and workers cutting down the rain forests. I think they lose several hundred of acres a day, not sure. I forgot the stats.

It'll never be easy to stop a army of bulldozers and workers cutting down the rain forests.
oh we can stop them. simple - money. buy the land and it's safe.

I think they lose several hundred of acres a day, not sure. I forgot the stats.
several hundred? much more.... try several hundred thousand acres per day :(

It'll never be easy to stop a army of bulldozers and workers cutting down the rain forests. I think they lose several hundred of acres a day, not sure. I forgot the stats.

No, it isn't easy to stop them. What I am saying is that the solution is easy. Stop doing what we are doing. Nothing easier than that. But someone is always afraid they might have to make a sacrifice or loose a dollar or two in the process. All about me, me me.

oh we can stop them. simple - money. buy the land and it's safe.

several hundred? much more.... try several hundred thousand acres per day :(

The indigenous peoples have a saying: "The Earth is my mother. I don't sell my mother."

The indigenous peoples have a saying: "The Earth is my mother. I don't sell my mother."

unfortunately.... it's a cruel world we live in. the only way to save it is to buy it and the indigenous people will be happy otherwise..... big evil fat cat will acquire it and convert it for Starbuck coffee farm.

Here are some fast fixes to reduce biomass consumption of trees in forests. They need the money, so don't give it to them.

Schools need to stop buying and supporting textbooks, paper handout. Switch to online and pdf based course resources. Stop writing and printing unnecessary material. Papers, instruction manual, anything you don't need. Stop getting paperback books, switch to e-reader, computer, laptop, tablet, etc.
con: Schools and professors and publishers earn major $$$ from students by selling textbooks, it's a big revenue profit for head people in the biz. No one is really gonna wanna give up their job to go green.

Start selling everyday grocery products in plastic baggies, no need for cardboard boxes. Sell cereal by the bags. Sell ritz chips in bags. Nabisco chip and wafers, same thing. Don't use cardboard boxes for electronics, just sell it in something else. Don't use boxes for ammo, sell it in bags.
con: everyone's gonna be like wtf's going on?

save money, everybody pool up and buy solar powered energy converters and send them to the poor countries.
con: They might just end up selling it to earn money.

let them in the US, europe. Don't let them be illegal immigrants, let them be legal - live in the midwest or help populate those areas. Give them new jobs so they don't have to rely on making money cutting forests.
con: more crime and thug gonna getcha! Need some ccw license now, or else let the police take care of them!

it has english sub. sequoias - don't bawl.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apBO9pujP5E]Meghalayas' Living Bridge - YouTube[/ame]

brazilian kitchen. :(
5651651-md.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUDEmMjC-c&feature=related]Extreme Tree Huggers - YouTube[/ame]

Back