Death of Deaf clubs

many here.

:D More likely I glued under my foot in here. Loving my new life in Northern California.

That's great man. Glad to hear you're liking it there. I love NorCal; that's where I grew up, and SF is the best.

Take a trip up to Sonoma County for some wine tasting, or go a bit further north and inland to Chico for some wild partying with all the hot college co-eds. They'll eat you up. :-o :D

:D More likely I glued under my foot in here. Loving my new life in Northern California.

That's great man. Glad to hear you're liking it there. I love NorCal; that's where I grew up, and SF is the best.

Take a trip up to Sonoma County for some wine tasting, or go a bit further north and inland to Chico for some wild partying with all the hot college co-eds. They'll eat you up. :-o :D

Eventually when I get rich enough, I'm gonna get a summer beach loft up in Eastshore or Berkeley area. I can only dream..

Yes, I still go to deaf club on a very occasion in Buffalo. They have Wingo, Texas 'Em Poker, opens every weekend. But from September to May are more busier than the summers. Deaf people ages range from 21 to 65 during the happy hours on the weekend. Rochester has plenty of activities like DPHH, RDHH, Roost dancing club, too many different events especially during RIT/NTID school seasons.

How would you go about finding these clubs? I was thinking of just contacting some local organizations affiliated with deaf/hoh and asking. Maybe there should be a website with listings to some of these clubs

blame it on social network technology

I take it, you don't socialize online? :eek:

We have several deaf clubs such as ASL Clubs, Deaf Night Out, Baduppies, Pizza Night on every Thursdays (bowling night after pizza night), and there's plenty deaf events in SF, Bay Area, Marin Country, and Sacramento. :D

Will have to check that out when I visit NorCal

Portland was very deaf friendly too

Agreed. There is Deaf Starbucks gathering (not sure when each month) but it is in Beveraton, near Downtown Portland - heard that plenty of deaf people in range of age attend there for coffee and all. There is Portland DPHH in Downtown Portland: Deaf Professional Happy Hour of Portland
There is irishtown bar deaf event in Vancouver every second or third saturday in Vancouver, Washington - deaf people from Oregon sometimes go there along with the deaf Washingtionans.

Don't ask me where I got these from.

Last edited:
web site for clubs

RAIN made a suggestion about getting a national web site of deaf clubs. i think that would be a real good idea. maybe AD can have a board for deaf clubs to let deaf know where they are and what they are doing? this would be helpful if deaf are traveling or for getting deaf together on some issues?

Last edited:
RAIN made a suggestion about getting a national web site of deaf clubs. i think that would be a real good idea. maybe AG can have a board for deaf clubs to let deaf know where they are and what they are doing? this would be helpful if deaf are traveling or for getting deaf together on some issues?
whos AG?

Back