DeafChat Discussion

AJ, why don't you create your own chatroom? :thumb:
And you do not need to defend yourself against people who want to play you like a harp. Tousi is right - although I feel that you dropped the ball by overreacting on your part by jumping on this other person like white on rice. ;)

HUGS

:jaw: I never knew that you are hearin'. I've seen your screen name the whole time at DeafChat in the past.

I am not sure, if you remember the screen name "Scarlett" ?

Liza said:
AJ, why don't you create your own chatroom? :thumb:
And you do not need to defend yourself against people who want to play you like a harp. Tousi is right - although I feel that you dropped the ball by overreacting on your part by jumping on this other person like white on rice. ;)

HUGS

he's been trying to push my buttons for a long time. and honestly he picked the wrong time to bring that stuff up. a lot of stuff is going bad for me right now. and then he had to bring up that im not welcome here because im hearing. i dont regret anything ive said. i have put mld4ds on my ignore list.

AJ said:
he's been trying to push my buttons for a long time. and honestly he picked the wrong time to bring that stuff up. a lot of stuff is going bad for me right now. and then he had to bring up that im not welcome here because im hearing. i dont regret anything ive said. i have put mld4ds on my ignore list.

You good enough in ASL?

Still waiting for VP #

CyberRed said:
:jaw: I never knew that you are hearin'. I've seen your screen name the whole time at DeafChat in the past.

I am not sure, if you remember the screen name "Scarlett" ?

yeah i do remember the screen name Scarlett. that was you? i talked to u a few times in there. you were one of the nice ones.

AJ said:
yeah i do remember the screen name Scarlett. that was you? i talked to u a few times in there. you were one of the nice ones.

Yep, this is her ! :D
It's good to see ya around in this forum. Thanks ! :thumb:

mld4ds said:
How well do you know deaf culture and deaf society? Are you fluent in ASL? Have you been in the shoes of deaf individual? Have you been tried to act like deaf and meet any unknown hearies? Have you noticed any odd facial epression from interviewers when you apply for the opening positions?

Ok go ahead and fuck me for the rest of your deaf life....

Troll.

Seriously what do you have against AJ and I? Because we are hearing posting on a deaf forum? AJ has been around deaf influences for most of his life, and I work with the deaf at my job, and am a current ASL student. Do you think we're not allowed here, even though Alex has repeatedly stated AD is welcomed to everyone? Both he and I have been told many times by people they're glad we post here, and I've heard the exact opposite about you. So back off. AJ has nothing to prove to you about his knowledge of ASL, deaf culture or empathy.

You are nothing more than a troll. So. :fu2:

See, AJ? Someone use his smart mouth and offended. U are welcome here in AD. If it still continue nasty or whatever, give report to mods, ok?

cental34 said:
Troll.

Seriously what do you have against AJ and I? Because we are hearing posting on a deaf forum? AJ has been around deaf influences for most of his life, and I work with the deaf at my job, and am a current ASL student. Do you think we're not allowed here, even though Alex has repeatedly stated AD is welcomed to everyone? Both he and I have been told many times by people they're glad we post here, and I've heard the exact opposite about you. So back off. AJ has nothing to prove to you about his knowledge of ASL, deaf culture or empathy.

You are nothing more than a troll. So. :fu2:

You need to finish your interpreting program so that you would make more money than being a online relay operator....

mld4ds said:
You need to finish your interpreting program so that you would make more money than being a online relay operator....

That's the plan. :roll:

Mrs. Crasher said:
I haven't Been To Deaf Chat For ALONG time since I got married June 14th, 2003........

i think thats about the time i left too.

Hearing people are welcome here. It's really doesnt matter if they are professional ASL or know about deaf culture. Lots of hearing like to learned and accepting us.

mld4ds: Supposed that you like to learn about people in other countries and you want to learn their language and culture. So that is the same thing to hearing to learn about deafies. If hearing being rude to us in public, just fuck them off. Big deal. You got to accept to social hearings. It not that hard.... OR you can live with deafies in Salem and make you happy. I am not trying to offended you. That's a fact.

Bit offtopic for several seconds:

AJ said:
with ur last statement, u seem to have a problem with yourself being deaf. i understand that hearing people can be assholes, and im sorry for that. but not ALL hearing people are like that.
I don't know the history between you guys and I'd prefer to stay out of it however I'd like to add...

My fiancee, Nas had bad experiences with 'elite' deafies. Before she tried to speak, many deafies thought that she was deaf (she learned how to sign ASL when she was 9 years old because of her deaf uncle [mother's side]) but when she used her voice, some of them changed their attitudes toward my princess. At first she was offended by them but later on, she got used to it. I think it is not 'deafie' or 'hearie' issue at all, it is something else. Maybe it is xenophile?

Anyway, back to this topic:

Before I even thought about googling for deaf forums, one good pal of mine (Gallaudet student) warned me to not join in any deaf chats. I took that advice to heart ever since that day and seem that she was right. I've heard a lot about these deaf chats from some AD'ers.

But yesterday, I logged in one of deaf chats (new, I think) and it was very nice. I dunno if it is ok for me to mention the name/link or not. I'd rather leave it up to that owner.

Magatsu said:
Bit offtopic for several seconds:

I don't know the history between you guys and I'd prefer to stay out of it however I'd like to add...

My fiancee, Nas had bad experiences with 'elite' deafies. Before she tried to speak, many deafies thought that she was deaf (she learned how to sign ASL when she was 9 years old because of her deaf uncle [mother's side]) but when she used her voice, some of them changed their attitudes toward my princess. At first she was offended by them but later on, she got used to it. I think it is not 'deafie' or 'hearie' issue at all, it is something else. Maybe it is xenophile?

Anyway, back to this topic:

Before I even thought about googling for deaf forums, one good pal of mine (Gallaudet student) warned me to not join in any deaf chats. I took that advice to heart ever since that day and seem that she was right. I've heard a lot about these deaf chats from some AD'ers.

But yesterday, I logged in one of deaf chats (new, I think) and it was very nice. I dunno if it is ok for me to mention the name/link or not. I'd rather leave it up to that owner.

New? Let me know what link that is.. send me pm if that's okay with the owner

bluegecko474 said:
Hearing people are welcome here. It's really doesnt matter if they are professional ASL or know about deaf culture. Lots of hearing like to learned and accepting us.

mld4ds: Supposed that you like to learn about people in other countries and you want to learn their language and culture. So that is the same thing to hearing to learn about deafies. If hearing being rude to us in public, just fuck them off. Big deal. You got to accept to social hearings. It not that hard.... OR you can live with deafies in Salem and make you happy. I am not trying to offended you. That's a fact.

Should I ingore "DeafChat Sucks"? What's wrong with my post?

RebelGirl said:
New? Let me know what link that is.. send me pm if that's okay with the owner
It is very new. Meaning: few members (actually, in IRC term, it should be called "regulars"). But let me ask that owner to see if it is ok for me to pm you the link/name. I'll let you know asap.

Magatsu said:
It is very new. Meaning: few members (actually, in IRC term, it should be called "regulars"). But let me ask that owner to see if it is ok for me to pm you the link/name. I'll let you know asap.

that would be cool to go there. and have all ADers go there too.

Magatsu said:

You meant like this?

Back