deaf slangs

"eyes wide open" - S handshape below near the eyes then change handshape to C and move upward in front of eyes

ooooo!, FLUSH-(some errors speech), fool! finish, quit finish, why why why? me do do? shit! damn, mofo

me me laff laff
not me!

deaf peeps get misunderstanding on this-
"i dont mind do that"
but that means yes

"I mind that"

that means no.. get it? :)

Last edited:
Know a few friends who created their OWN slangs in ASL:

BISS! (handshape: 5, and put the thumb on the nose and four fingers down, with a grim look)

COWABUNGA! (using "C" sign in both hands, and put your arms up and "C" is over your head)

FATFUCK! (Same as above but in a "F" handshape)

I'm sick of people saying "I'M JUST PLAYING" when its NOT okay after saying stop/no when they dont have common sense. Once a person said stop/no then do it! Or when u said ur sorry then DO IT! Don't do it over and over after saying Sorry. Do it once then great! If mistake, alright. Not over and over and OVER! Ugh, those people!!

What about the word "thoo" I've seen that word too many times back in my old high school in the late 80s and early 90s. I think it means BS or no good?

Originally posted by Katzie
What about the word "thoo" I've seen that word too many times back in my old high school in the late 80s and early 90s. I think it means BS or no good?

I think it means "nooooo!!!" I remember some people said "thoo" instead of "noooo!" and they made a face at me like I'm retarded. I hate that! lol

Originally posted by ChelEler
Do you mean "not my responsibility" in that pic?

"hand-off shoulder" is what I see. :confused:

Yeah, I can see why u are confused.

"hands off shoulder"-ur palms are on or very close to ur shoulder

"Dumb Fuck" is pretty common among my friends. Is it common in deaf community?

Originally posted by kevbo
Just spell it out and it means cool.

Exmaple:

Chel: Guess what I bought today?

Kevbo: What?

Chel: I got a new car!

Kevbo: Bai!

Bai? I thought it's PAH ?

Pah = finally

lmao my friend made up one- true bis
it's like "true business" lmao when somebody's said something that's true, you say tutubis lol

Originally posted by compLicaTed
lmao my friend made up one- true bis
it's like "true business" lmao when somebody's said something that's true, you say tutubis lol
That's ACTUALLY.

Originally posted by SilverRoxy
I think it means "nooooo!!!" I remember some people said "thoo" instead of "noooo!" and they made a face at me like I'm retarded. I hate that! lol

:laugh2: funny!

Back