Deaf, oral deaf or HOH and Late deaf

A new project: is "dense" a unknown neurological condition?

Help on the way: Prof SKY will check out the "gnostic files of Google". Pays to have friends in "high places".

Await with interest a report on her findings.

you means you Interesting? report who findings what? huh what you say!

According to dictionary "dense" is an adjective. The noun is "denseness". From context- assuming something to do with one's brain. I check with my family doctor if he knows anything on "dense".

The query suggested by "sub comment #33".

Seems Prof SKY busy at the moment- wait- to discover if some "obscure brain condition".

Being able to read seems to negate the hypothesis re "dense"
aside: can anyone be "dense"? Age related?

To more important things; Bottesini-still 5 laps every day.

Deaf ferrets get together, play with blocks and hide other people's stuffs, then laugh. Laugh while all those strange people argue about deaf and DEAF and oral deaf and deaf with ASL/SEE/PSE.

Carry on :).

One advantage of deaf/Deaf/DEAF ferrets/dogs/cats/gorillas etc don't get to "excited on terminology".

As for ENT doctors being "under informed"- not in my experience. The ENT clinic that I was "involved" is part of a teaching hospital here in Toronto- St Michaels Hospital. As whether other ENT doctors around the world fall in the classification-"under informed"-no idea.Only in certain circles?

I am not sure when I supposedly assumed a "deaf identity" -when I became deaf in right ear-February 19, 1992 but still could use my Phonak aid OR December 20, 2006 when I became bilateral-DEAF?
What is the perimeters of "deaf identity"- use of ASL et al or Stop using one's voice?
Approved by deaf Militants?

another intermural sociological exercise- "deaf culture."

Perhaps you're not getting it. I'm not going in circles on how Deaf militants are. If you feel that your ENT is not under-informed, then that's good for you. To each it's own. :)

I was making a general statement because it's true for many that aren't aware of what it truly is like to be deaf. One has to be deaf to really understand what it is like.

As for being DEAF I can easily "understand what it means to DEAF".

Also, the "pious drivel spouted" re deaf Militants- unpersuaded.

As for the above comment re: me- smile. Facts are now- irrelevant,
I guess being bilateral DEAF doesn't seem to "suggest anything".
Is the above an instance of "friendly Deaf culture"?
aside: being on a computer screen-reality?

As for being DEAF I can easily "understand what it means to DEAF".

Also, the "pious drivel spouted" re deaf Militants- unpersuaded.

As for the above comment re: me- smile. Facts are now- irrelevant,
I guess being bilateral DEAF doesn't seem to "suggest anything".
Is the above an instance of "friendly Deaf culture"?
aside: being on a computer screen-reality?

Aside from culture, does the above,"that is", one replying to his own post,"suggest" "dementia?" + An exercise in psychology?-

Bottesini: my comment refer to "soutthpaw" #33 re Dr Phil. My user name is drphil-which is a computer code to his website: drphil.com.
Duly noted many times.

No comment on the "content" therewith. Has nothing to do with me.

To more important things-another hot 5 laps today. Sorry nothing tomorrow-pool closed.
Cheers

Aside from culture, does the above,"that is", one replying to his own post,"suggest" "dementia?" + An exercise in psychology?-

He proper , sound look likes pretty vocabulary for adjective,!

you this is means ? :lol:

he is theory 0.o!! I am joke (joke)

that is funny!

I just hate to see drphil getting the same repeated comments all the time. It is getting so tiring and not make any sense from him. He is turning me off from his repeated comments.

He does not understand or not get it when all he had to do is accepted being deaf completely and not worry about hearing loss. We don't use the word "DEAF" if referring to his hearing loss. There is no word for DEAF at all. Just only "Deaf" which mean a person who can sign in the Deaf community. We should all be accepted as D/deaf whether we are deaf, hard of hearing, late-deafened, and oral. We can not hear sounds which indicated that we are deaf. Hearing impaired got to go as it is the wrong word. We are not handicapped, eh?

As for me, I am Deaf militant, as I have my rights to get the things I need like interpreters, notetakers, Close Captioned or open captioned for us to know when it comes to local schools or colleges.

In my reserve (First Nation), I did not get any rights to get those things I needed. Then I firmly tell them that I would get lost when every one (hearing people) talked about my husband's life and his death. I told them I needed interpreters to help me understand what was going on with every one said. A few of the band members listened to me and they got me two interpreters for me to understand what was going on for four days of the traditional Wake (native culture) and the funeral. I was sooo happy to have interpreters. My three Deaf friends were at the funeral and they love it when an interpreters interpret what the people and the priest said. This is what we need and we started our first organization as Deaf First Nation Of Ontario last year. It is now only two years old. Still a baby step but we are on the road to getting our needs. Whoot. **waving my hands**

That is great your fighting for "our" rights, I appreciate it. I was thinking of ways that I can help people that lost their hearing like me, traumatic. There is absolutely no help. If you leave the hospital with hip surgery, heart attack, asthma attack, they give you written instructions, information and follow up. You wake up completely deaf, there is nothing available. This is in my area of course. I hope it is better where others live, but I doubt it.

Put 3 deaf cats in one room. Write down on a piece of paper and show first cat--- " you are deaf". Show 2nd cat---- "you are Deaf". Show 3rd cat----- "you are DEAF!!" Those 3 deaf cats will just go back to their cat nips and treehouses.

Put 3 deaf cats in one room. Write down on a piece of paper and show first cat--- " you are deaf". Show 2nd cat---- "you are Deaf". Show 3rd cat----- "you are DEAF!!" Those 3 deaf cats will just go back to their cat nips and treehouses.

Except the DEAF cat. He just can't let it go.

DEAF as I use it means absolute silence NOT a hearing loss. Has nothing to do with "culture".
I fully accept that I am bilateral DEAF - that is why I started the process of determining if a Cochlear Implant was "suitable". It was-Implanted July 12, 2007.

As noted before I am still bilateral DEAF since December 20, 2006.

aside: I have NOT consulted any " voice off-deaf Militants"to confirm that fact-here in Toronto.

As for Deaf/deaf/DEAF cats-lucky no "voice off deaf Militants cats" to "worry about".
Meow in peace!

:roll: Some people are deaf in more than just their ears :roll:

Back