Deaf guy on CBS's "The Amazing Race"

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I know, I want hoping someone would do a transcript for us. But i guess I should just forget about it (beside, I don't like closed captioning.. I like transcripts, it's more accurate)

Hadn't seen the posts! I am working on one :) I love this show too!!! I REALLY hope Luke and Margie win and Jaime and Cara come in second :)

I've been carusing theTelevision Without Pity's AR forum and it appears that Margie and Luke are getting much hate from all sides (both hearing and deaf) for their behavior on last week's show. Luke's hissyfit and Margie's race card slinging apparently does nothing to win them fans. I'll admit that i'm liking them alot less, myself. :roll:

Take a look-see:

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3181463&st=285

I've been carusing theTelevision Without Pity's AR forum and it appears that Margie and Luke are getting much hate from all sides (both hearing and deaf) for their behavior on last week's show. Luke's hissyfit and Margie's race card slinging apparently does nothing to win them fans. I'll admit that i'm liking them alot less, myself. :roll:

Take a look-see:

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3181463&st=285

Just read a few pages of that and WOW-- pretty tough stuff... got to see a somewhat immature side of Luke this week (it could be he was frustrated and it appeared immature) but all the same, not quite what I expected ya know?

I don't see it that way. I thought Jen was awful and Luke's reaction natural in the circumstance.
I have strong hope that Jen and Keisha will be eliminated next week and get caught in unsportsmanlike behavior.

And as for Margie, she reacted just as my stepmother would on my behalf even today.

btw, what did his fist mean in ASL? after his mother explained to him that jen called him a b_tch?

it appears to me that he wanted to beat them up as that's the normal gesture of beating . Not good especially if you are a man .

The preview of the Episode 10 appears to show that Jen & Lakisha may be eliminated because there is an obstacle that requires them to swim — and one of these bitches are fear of water pool.

I hope that they get eliminated in the next episode. :fingersx:

btw, what did his fist mean in ASL? after his mother explained to him that jen called him a b_tch?

it appears to me that he wanted to beat them up as that's the normal gesture of beating . Not good especially if you are a man .

I think this is what made me go-- LUKE!!! Unless I misunderstood the gesture--

Oh believe me Bott, I would most definately stand up for Adam that way- no matter how old he is...

However, the whole incident should've been handled differently by the cast and crew-- not made into a public scene putting the other players (Tammy and Victor) in the middle- as well as the little Chinese couple that greeted them, that had to be REALLY uncomfortable for the four of them-- but that's just my opinion.

Wonder if anyone will laugh at Jen next week b/c she's afraid of the water??

He may have been a little immature but overall I think it was HIGHLY rude for the girls to call him a bitch and then giggle, whether they meant it at him or not. But also to keep in mind that, they are CONSTANTLY travelling! Heck, last summer I flew to California, only a 3 hour difference. I was pretty grumpy and tired that first night so I can only imagine what it's like to always be moving from country to country! So much stress and with it coming to the end of the race, the final few, definitely some short fuses to be had!

Whatev. All I know is that it makes for great tv. Wouldn't be half as interesting if there wasn't some drama in the "reality".:popcorn:

Whatev. All I know is that it makes for great tv. Wouldn't be half of interesting if there wasn't some drama in the "reality".:popcorn:

How true... this is my first 'experience' with Reality TV... I've never watched one of the other RT shows... guess it is what keeps it going, huh? LOL :giggle:

Thank you.. I love you for it :)
Whew, got through the first 5 minutes last night working on it, just 40 more to go. I will work on it for a few hours today :)

And they all talk so dang fast!!!! LOL

I'm sure they do, that's why closed captioning is so inaccurate. They try to do it in the shortcut way.

No, it's a metaphor. Basically, it's like saying, "Bring it on".

that's what I thought, but some Luke's hater thinks he is so agressive that he might be the abuser type. I was kinda shocked myself, being a woman myself. I'm used to it when a man use that gesture to another man as "bring it on" but not to a woman.

that's what I thought, but some Luke's hater thinks he is so agressive that he might be the abuser type. I was kinda shocked myself, being a woman myself. I'm used to it when a man use that gesture to another man as "bring it on" but not to a woman.

It's a game, so it's normal for anybody to say "bring it on", regardless of their gender roles.

The idea of him trying to beat up a woman makes me laugh. I mean, the guy looks as if he weighs 90 pounds soaking wet. :roll: Perhaps if his mom were around to tag team, he might actually be able to pull it off.

The idea of him trying to beat up a woman makes me laugh. I mean, the guy looks as if he weighs 90 pounds soaking wet. :roll: Perhaps if his mom were around to tag team, he might actually be able to pull it off.

You're cracking me up!!!! Your sense of humor, I love it!

I'm sure they do, that's why closed captioning is so inaccurate. They try to do it in the shortcut way.

Up to 10 minutes tonight. I plan on working on it tomorrow. Sorry it takes so long! I can't listen and repeat for too long or my typing gets really messed up! LOL

10 minutes out of 45 total minutes, whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back