Deaf Awareness

'scuse me? I was asking Jillio, not Kokonut.

Inmate23: There could be " DEAF successful Cochlear Implant users that are SKINHEADS"

I don't recall seeing any at Sunnybrook/Toronto recent user meeting-about 300 showed up. How many are now part of cultural deaf community here in Toronto-unknown. Goths/punks and skinhead form a "small sub culture".There to?

I don't recall any comments from Goth/SkinHeads Deaf persons in the cults that I belong to. re deaf/Deaf/Blind/deaf persons in Vampire Freaks.Com which did have over a million members.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto A B Harmony activated Aug/07

There are DEAF SKINHEADS who are successful ci users

Its NOT off topic Deaf skins/goths/punks are small sub culture

DEAF skins are small group not surprised u havent meet any

You have no clue about the history of kokonut's audist attitude toward the deaf. It has nothing to do what you're talking about, but rather everything to do with the man's insidious agendas.

Ah, so, the colors come out then? I have "agendas" now? Interesting view. I just have a preference, nothing about superiority here. And I'm not bashful in pointing out on what hearing I have left is seen as a gift, something that I cherish. I may become completely deaf someday. I may not if come the day when stem cells for sensorineural hearing loss actually does work on restoring it. Who knows. Life is one big adventure here .:wave:

I would like a hearing person to wear earplugs, and then earmuffs on top of that. For 30 years, and then some. Everything is muffled, no? Not clear? Come back and tell us how easy it was to work, to use the phone, to go to school, to understand everyone else, to distinguish between 2 different high-pitched sounds, between 2 low-pitched sounds, to not hear crickets chirping but some "annoying" sound and wonder what that was, to hear some "unusual" sound you heard in the morning while getting ready for work but didn't know what to make of it, and then backing out of the driveway you see an envelope left at the front door from FedEx that you'd been waiting for days and suddenly realizing the "unusual sound" was the doorbell ringing. To only be able to enable a data-only plan on your phone because you have no hope of using a phone the real way, to see your child crying but you can't quite tell what kind of cry it is because you can't hear it right, to see your house start on fire because you don't realize a fan (bathroom or kitchen) was running for days without you realizing it. And so on. The bus doesn't remotely stop close to here.

inmate23 from your comments- surmise you have met a "number" of Skinheads with Cochlear Implants in New Zealand. Pass the word-consider joining VampireFreaks.Com. Any Goths or punks/Zombies around there?
Check out-SkinHeads.Goths/Punks/Zombies- again at the next Sunnybrook/Toronto Implant users meeting.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

inmate23 from your comments- surmise you have met a "number" of Skinheads with Cochlear Implants in New Zealand. Pass the word-consider joining VampireFreaks.Com. Any Goths or punks/Zombies around there?
Check out-SkinHeads.Goths/Punks/Zombies- again at the next Sunnybrook/Toronto Implant users meeting.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

What is the average age of the Canadian Hearing Society? That may be why there are no Goth CI users there.

I know of at least a couple who are members here, although not active at the moment.

What do you mean by "mimic the hearing?" Wear hearing aids? Use CIs?

Am I mimicking the sighted when I put my glasses on in the morning, too?

Stick around. Maybe one day you'll get it. You just haven't yet.

What is the average age of the Canadian Hearing Society? That may be why there are no Goth CI users there.

I know of at least a couple who are members here, although not active at the moment.

We also need to note, Bott, that he keeps referring to the Canandian HEARING Society and not the Canadian DEAF Society. As we all know, that little, seemingly innocuous difference speaks volumes about the attitudes of those that affiliate. Just like A.G. Bell.

We also need to note, Bott, that he keeps referring to the Canandian HEARING Society and not the Canadian DEAF Society. As we all know, that little, seemingly innocuous difference speaks volumes about the attitudes of those that affiliate. Just like A.G. Bell.

Home - The Canadian Hearing Society

Hope this will give you a better idea of what the CHS is all about. A lot of Deaf people are involved with CHS.

Wirelessly posted

Fyi, taking a breather from this forum will help some of you with your temper tantrums.. just saying.

Seems to be quite a comprehensive program, despite the fact that they have chosen to focus on "hearing" in their name.

Yeah, I think it was founded in 1940. I'm not sure what kind of people started it up though.

Yeah, I think it was founded in 1940. I'm not sure what kind of people started it up though.

Yeah, I saw on their home page that it was founded in 1940. I just have a problem with any organization that is there to serve the deaf that doesn't include deaf somewhere in its title. Has nothing to do with the organization itself.

Yeah, I saw on their home page that it was founded in 1940. I just have a problem with any organization that is there to serve the deaf that doesn't include deaf somewhere in its title. Has nothing to do with the organization itself.

Since it seems to have more to do with Deaf than deaf, I don't understand how drphil missed everything since he started using hearing aids in 1962.

Since it seems to have more to do with Deaf than deaf, I don't understand how drphil missed everything since he started using hearing aids in 1962.

I agree. Perhaps because he, himself, chooses to focus on the "hearing" in their name.

Wirelessly posted

Souggy- Hotheadedness is a trait I have learned to let go as it can be very alienating and it can pop up at the most awkward times when it isn't needed. Having a calm and collected approach works, I have to do it these days. Pregnancy asks for it. Jillio- the organization is wonderful and has been very helpful to the Deaf Community. I'm sorry you have to find fault with the title. Is it because drphil constantly brings it up often to the point he has become a burr on your side; you need to fault in something he takes pride in? Just asking.

Back