CyberRed - Questions!!!

I don't know yet. House and job both. I really want to live there too for my rest of my life. I dont know if I can afford to live there? But my kids are still here I have to wait until they are old enough.

Do you know anyone livin' in Alaska ? I mean, any friends that you know of ? It might help your first visitation and a friend can tour you around -- to help you think about movin' to Alaska. A friend sometimes can help gettin' you through everythin' that you need to become a resident. I have a friend of mine who happened to know my previous husband when he visited Alaska in a several years ago. I was fortunate. She helped gettin' me through until I got a place of my own and job.

How old are your kids - by the way ?

We just got home recently from Estes National Park. We touched 12,000 ft beautiful scenery mountains and saw 5 real rams and snow there too. I will send pictures here later. Sorry I mean Visa I don't think I need to apply before moving to Alaska. I thought was Canada.

Ok, you don't need " visa " to move to Alaska. Alaska is under United States of America. Alaska is U.S.'s 49th state. As for Canada... lots of information requirements such as how much you have $$ in the bank, how much you carry $$ in your pocket, your job, your health if, you are fit to live in Canada, etc., etc. -- before they can process your movin' to Canada. I did questions to one of the agencies in Yukon, Canada - boy, I don't think it worths my movin' up there and even, thou I know Yukon, Canada is VERY beautiful place to live. But, I can only visit there occassionally durin' the summer time. No problem. :)

I just don't like " red tape ".... blah. If, I want a peace of mind, then it would be in Alaska. Good enough for me and Alaska is still beautiful to me. :lol:

ahhh i got it.. is high life there?

Kinda of high life, yeah. Alaska ain't that cheap. Some people move there and then stay there for a year or 2 at least.... they change their mind and move back to the lower 48 states. Some of them stay and success. Alaska is very adventure and challengin'.

Oh vacation, of course! but maybe wouldnt midn live there as i love COLD weather.. i am known to wear shorts even in winter time.. heh.. me crazy girl.. what can i say???? :giggle:

It would be a good idea to visit Alaska as vacation first before you can decide to move to Alaska. FYI, Alaska is very challengin'. Alaska is not the same as the lower 48 states. Good luck ! :D

Hmm been thinking abuot visiting Alaska... dunno if I would ever think about going there due to family crisis that I am presently dealing with and a few members in here know abuot my situation... but it would be nice to go there to Alaska.. wonder if that can be done via train??

Oh, wait a min. Are you a resident in Canada, right ? If, so - then, yes it can be done via train. All you need to do is call the train or Amtrak and ask them for informations about the trip to Alaska. I am sure they will provide you some informations that you need to know. Be sure to tell them what part of Alaska you would like to visit and they will tell you the price for it. ;)

I am sorry to hear about your family crisis. Hope everythin' works out well for you and your family soon. :hug:

StarryGaze --

Since you mentioned about your dream of Russian House with mountains and forests around it, you see a white arrow that I put it in the pic below ? That buildin' is a Russian House.

russianhousewp4.jpg

As you can see this pic above, it rains. Very coastal ! LOL

( I don't know if there's other Russian House in Anchorage with mountains and forests around it. I haven't gone to Anchorage for sightseein' yet, but one day I will with one or 2 friends of mine. )

Enjoy viewin' !

I would like to share with you about the train that I took back in 2004. I was travelin' in a fast ferry ( taxi ) from Haines, Alaska to Skagway, Alaska. It took about 30 minutes to arrive in Skagway from Haines. I walked down to The White Pass & Yukon Railway in downtown Skagway -- not very far from where I got off from the fast ferry at harbor boats. Inside the train, it was almost narrow where the seats are. I could walk through the " hallway " or " aisle " in between the seats but, it was very narrow - the trains were kinda of old, but it runs very well. Much like the jet ( airplane ). Anyway, that day was really nice weather. Let me copy the map of mountain where I was travelin' towards Whitehorse, Yukon Terrority from Skagway, Alaska. It was very interestin' to look out the windows while ridin' uphill. There was one guy who explained about the " trial " outside where I can see the view on the outside... the trial was verrrry old -- I would say back in 1880's. I even saw very old cementery down there, too. People includin' me can't get off to walk down to explore the old trial, because of the cliff was very steep and dangerous. Ok, here's the map I would like to show you and for you to get the idea.

( Oh, gee - let me go get the right link and will post back in shortly. )

Ok, I am back with the right link. Here's the link :
White Pass&Yukon Route, Skagway Alaska

Enjoy explorin' ! :)

Oh, wait a min. Are you a resident in Canada, right ? If, so - then, yes it can be done via train. All you need to do is call the train or Amtrak and ask them for informations about the trip to Alaska. I am sure they will provide you some informations that you need to know. Be sure to tell them what part of Alaska you would like to visit and they will tell you the price for it. ;)

I am sorry to hear about your family crisis. Hope everythin' works out well for you and your family soon. :hug:

Yeah I am Canadian... hmm I would love to travel there via train.. maybe one day ... I will see what I can find out abuot that later on....

As for my family crisis.. ahh.. heady times and etc.. oh well.. have to hang in there... oh well..

i wanna go to alaska.. i m sure its BEAUTIFUL there.. grrrrr.. its one of my dreams to go there someday.... hopefully before i die.. hehe.. :D

drove through Canada in 4 days seen alot wild animals, at first I was freaked out but survived on alcan highway, heh, have nice to meet the bears, moose, reineer and others :D

I didnt like north BC and Yukon at all, their culture reminds me of my home country starring at us signing with my daughters, was told oh my god by myself deaf without hearing person to help travelling with me?!, ugh what they think? cant deaf travel alone :ugh:

I am so glad back in USA, entered in alaska border seen beautiful forest and mountains, many glaciers I was wearing shorts and toptank I could walk to touch ice on mountain/glacier wasnt cold really :)

Kinda of high life, yeah. Alaska ain't that cheap. Some people move there and then stay there for a year or 2 at least.... they change their mind and move back to the lower 48 states. Some of them stay and success. Alaska is very adventure and challengin'.

for me same rent in Seattle and here but in other town I used to live cheapest than in Seattle who was living in there, cheaper one, and moves here would realize here is expensive. Anchorage is a big city alike Seattle, so same rent :)

here has been rainy and cloudy just alike Seattle but am excited here is heavy snowing than in Seattle :D like to go skiing, snowmobiling and snowboarding, and with my girls snowsliding :D

Also there's indoor water park ever in winter and raining out my daughters love to go waterslide H20asis Indoor Waterpark

StarryGaze --

Since you mentioned about your dream of Russian House with mountains and forests around it, you see a white arrow that I put it in the pic below ? That buildin' is a Russian House.

russianhousewp4.jpg

As you can see this pic above, it rains. Very coastal ! LOL

( I don't know if there's other Russian House in Anchorage with mountains and forests around it. I haven't gone to Anchorage for sightseein' yet, but one day I will with one or 2 friends of mine. )

Enjoy viewin' !

yeah, I think there is, its named russian jack, russian jack apartment, russian jack school and park. But surprised me there is no large like russian or european supermarket where I used to go shopping in Seattle, many stores and groceries :dunno: I only found russian restaurant in downtown in Anchorage, and asked the lady, said only small one next from that restaurant and another in Wasilla. also there's souvenirs and other like gallery in anchorage that is all. Is there in Juneau?

for me same rent in Seattle and here but in other town I used to live cheapest than in Seattle who was living in there, cheaper one, and moves here would realize here is expensive. Anchorage is a big city alike Seattle, so same rent :)

here has been rainy and cloudy just alike Seattle but am excited here is heavy snowing than in Seattle :D like to go skiing, snowmobiling and snowboarding, and with my girls snowsliding :D

Also there's indoor water park ever in winter and raining out my daughters love to go waterslide
H20asis Indoor Waterpark

Ohh, yes I love SNOW ! I can't wait to go back to Juneau after visitin' my good friend in Texas. I miss Juneau's scenery. Every time when I go to the website to look at the pics of Juneau, it starts to make me cry, because I miss them. I don't cry for the lower 48 states that I left. :lol:Thanks for the link about the Indoor Waterpark. I bookmarked it. :)

yeah, I think there is, its named russian jack, russian jack apartment, russian jack school and park. But surprised me there is no large like russian or european supermarket where I used to go shopping in Seattle, many stores and groceries :dunno: I only found russian restaurant in downtown in Anchorage, and asked the lady, said only small one next from that restaurant and another in Wasilla. also there's souvenirs and other like gallery in anchorage that is all. Is there in Juneau?

I know one Russian House in downtown Juneau. That's about so far I know of. I will explore some more when I settle in Juneau. Alaska is never stop explorin'. :lol:

I'd like to ask you a question if, you don't mind : How close is Anchorage to the ferry ? Do I have to have a taxi to drive me to Anchorage after droppin' off the ferry ? I would like to meet you some day. :)

I know one Russian House in downtown Juneau. That's about so far I know of. I will explore some more when I settle in Juneau. Alaska is never stop explorin'. :lol:

I'd like to ask you a question if, you don't mind : How close is Anchorage to the ferry ? Do I have to have a taxi to drive me to Anchorage after droppin' off the ferry ? I would like to meet you some day. :)

I am sorry I dont know but I would find out for u. I have often seen the buses like royal, princess, carnival and e.t.c cruises to downtown from south of Anchorage what I suspended where from. Also I have seen huge ferry near downtown of Anchorage, not sure which would be from Juneau to South or downtown ferry :dunno: I will PM u to give u my email addy on my treo to let me know if need a ride. We may need to arrange time cuz I am busy with university and my girls after my school and work.

I am sorry I dont know but I would find out for u. I have often seen the buses like royal, princess, carnival and e.t.c cruises to downtown from south of Anchorage what I suspended where from. Also I have seen huge ferry near downtown of Anchorage, not sure which would be from Juneau to South or downtown ferry :dunno: I will PM u to give u my email addy on my treo to let me know if need a ride. We may need to arrange time cuz I am busy with university and my girls after my school and work.

I got your PM. Thanks ! :D

I will keep in touch with you about the arrangement. It would be a good time in summer to visit instead of winter. ;)

Juneau has only one McDonald's and that's in downtown Juneau. Umm, a few of them are Chinese Restaurants. For habor boats, the fishermen sell King Crabs, King Salmon/Sockeye fishes, Halibut, King Lobsters, and a few like clams and so forth. At grocery stores, they have american foods, too just like the lower 48 states - no difference. :)

What lower 48 states don't have is that Alaska have lots of " heritages " everywhere that the lower 48 states don't have. I noticed that the lower 48 states don't preserve their heritage much anymore. They break down their heritages to build new. Indians/Eskimos in Alaska support heritages. Same thing with Whitehorse in Yukon, Canada -- they supported their heritages, too. I've heard that there were some people who protested about destroyin' one of their heritage buildin' nearby the water. It was a very BIG disppointed. I talked with one deaf man about this and he thinks that it has to do with conspiracy by one man. I don't want to bring that issue down here in this thread. It was too deep to discuss. LOL But, overall it was very interestin'. You may want to read that I provided for Lieblin' above. ;)

Hey ya Scherry heh...

It is quite very interesting to read the link you provided for Lieblin, about the Alaska's history and heritage. Ah one McDonald's that's good enough, good thing there aren't any more, since I'm not an McDonald's fan.

That photo of the Russian house with the background and the town looks very beautiful scenery. :)

hugz

Hey ya Scherry heh...

It is quite very interesting to read the link you provided for Lieblin, about the Alaska's history and heritage. Ah one McDonald's that's good enough, good thing there aren't any more, since I'm not an McDonald's fan.

That photo of the Russian house with the background and the town looks very beautiful scenery. :)

hugz

Yes, it is very beautiful as you can see why I fell in love with Alaska. :lol: Alaska always made me feel good just like a fresh air. If, you are interested in comin' up to visit --- be sure, to give me a call through an email/or PM. By the way, do you still have my email, right ? HUGS !!

Yes, it is very beautiful as you can see why I fell in love with Alaska. :lol: Alaska always made me feel good just like a fresh air. If, you are interested in comin' up to visit --- be sure, to give me a call through an email/or PM. By the way, do you still have my email, right ? HUGS !!

Yep I can see why ya fell in love with Alaska... heh heh... I think I still have your email... an old one but i'll PM ya in a min.

Back